LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

So Sprint owns 120 MHz of the 2.5 spectrum 90 out of the top 100 US markets....I also read Sprint (Clearwires) owns up to 180 MHz of 2.5. Do we know how many markets have 180mhz of spectrum?

Not many. I've never seen a list broken out that way. But it's only in thew few markets where the EBS license holder signed over ALL its spectrum to Clearwire (and now Sprint) and Sprint also owns all the licenses in the BRS band.

EBS licenses are really a bear to track. BRS is much easier: http://specmap.sequence-omega.net

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

iOS 8 Enables Wi-Fi calling on services that provide it. I have iOS 8 so I can attest to that. Once Sprint gets Wi-Fi calling it'll be enabled on the iPhone prob through a carrier update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS 8 Enables Wi-Fi calling on services that provide it. I have iOS 8 so I can attest to that. Once Sprint gets Wi-Fi calling it'll be enabled on the iPhone prob through a carrier update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preferably at the public release of iOS 8.
  • Like 3

Wasn't sure where to discuss this, but wanted to post it somewhere other than the Softbank/new plan thread.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/special-report-2014-1h-us

Sprint is dead last now...bad timing!

We aren't going to discuss that Sprint is last. We know they are last. It seems your posts are almost all critical of Sprint. Please consult the site rules: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

At the national level, the networks can largely be divided into two tiers of performance: AT&T and Verizon finished as the top two networks in every category, with Sprint and T-Mobile trailing. Though AT&T trailed Verizon, its performance was noticeably better than what we saw from Sprint and T-Mobile at the national level. That being said, Sprint and T-Mobile have started to close the gap. The good news for consumers is that both networks are clearly improving—especially in our overall, data, and reliability performance categories.

That is the most important paragraph in that study. Once the 8t8r 2.5ghz go into full gear sprint will have 120mhz to play with the next several years.

40mhz in 204 tthen will go to 60mhz in 2015.

• Like 1

I think it was my speed test. It's the fastest I've seen around the net. I'm tempted to go to the same site tomorrow to see if I can top 77Mbps but i seriously doubt it. I think I've just about reached the peak speed of the network. This is in super ideal conditions (right across the street from the site with clear line of site and the site had fiber backhaul.) ujefFNO.png?1

what part of BK did you test? I'm curious on the strength of Spark as I need to see if I should stick with Sprint once iPhone 6 comes out.

Also, are we certain the iPhone6 will support Spark band? Haven't really kept track of news lately. 

what part of BK did you test? I'm curious on the strength of Spark as I need to see if I should stick with Sprint once iPhone 6 comes out.

Also, are we certain the iPhone6 will support Spark band? Haven't really kept track of news lately. 

Crown Heights. https://www.google.com/maps/place/1535+Bedford+Ave,+Brooklyn,+NY+11216/@40.67047,-73.954785,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c25b75c14c0281:0x8745f0a7cf3e42ff

what part of BK did you test?

The Whopper Jr.

AJ

• Like 10

Yes it will carry support for B41, as China Telecom wants it and they are selling lots of iPhones (Sprint-SoftBank also are part of that ecosystem and will benefit from it). It also seems some information has leaked regarding which baseband Apple may use in the iPhone 6 (http://bit.ly/1pFeYZQ) it the information is correct then it does appear that carrier aggregation should be supported as well as LTE-A. Both parts being great for the trove of EBS/BRS Sprint is sitting on. 

Uh, no.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6141-iphone-6-omnibus-thread/?p=352587

AJ

• Like 2

Uh yes, as per Qualcomm's site the baseband does in fact support carrier aggregation (http://bit.ly/1lgFB7T), if you are to lazy to search, first three words of the second paragraph.

AJ is correct. The 9625 is capable of carrier aggregation up to 20 mhz in total (ie. 10mhz + 10 mhz or 5 mhz + 15 mhz) which ATT is doing. 

What the 9625 cannot do is aggregate more than 20 mhz of LTE in total which makes it irrelevant for CA on Sprint as Sprint is doing interband aggregation of 20 mhz carriers (20+20) which is supported by the new Cat 6 9635 modem which supports a total of 40 mhz of LTE spectrum. 

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7531/qualcomm-announces-fourth-gen-cat-6-lte-modem-mdm9x35

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

This picture is from a tower in Garwood, NJ. It use to be Nextel but now sprint owns it. I was told that Sprint Spark is being set up here and will be ready in the next three months. Can anyone tell by the picture if thats true.

apost-26389-0-19522900-1409431149_thumb.jpgpost-26389-0-19522900-1409431149_thumb.jpg

Edited by robertpl

This picture is from a tower in Garwood, NJ. It use to be Nextel but now sprint owns it. I was told that Sprint Spark is being set up here and will be ready in the next three months. Can anyone tell by the picture if thats true.

aattachicon.gifIMG_0032.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0032.jpg

Can't really tell from those pictures no. It doesn't look like there is Spring equipment up there, but you're not really close enough for me to be able to say for sure.

So then the sprint rep told me the truth then. Within the next three months it should be completed.

I am assuming LTE 1900 is up there as well but guessing no 800. I am about a mile away from that

Tower. What am I realistically going to achieve on my LG when I get that. Thanks for your help I'm hanging

In there with sprints growing pains.

• Like 1

So then the sprint rep told me the truth then. Within the next three months it should be completed.

I am assuming LTE 1900 is up there as well but guessing no 800. I am about a mile away from that

Tower. What am I realistically going to achieve on my LG when I get that. Thanks for your help I'm hanging

In there with sprints growing pains.

Why would you assume no 800?

No one can say what your reception will be like. It is different on every site depending on how it is set up, local geography, buildings and interference.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...