lilotimz

How to Spot Clearwire TDD-LTE / Wimax Antennas & RRUs (Huawei)

lilotimz    10,867

Huawei DBS 3900 TD-LTE / Wimax eRAN Equipment

The following photographs are pictures of Huawei dual mode capable Wimax / TD-LTE RRU (remote radio units) as part of a DBS 3900 series setup. These equipment were originally made for the Clearwire Wimax deployment and are now being re-purposed via software upgrades to enable TD-LTE capabilities. 

The Huawei equipment currently used by Clearwire are temporary and will be replaced by one of the TD-LTE vendors (Samsung / Alcatel-lucent / Nokia Solutions & Networks ) in the near future.

As of 2017, all Huawei equipment has been decommissioned. 

Huawei RRU 3702 + Antennae

BrcvDlx.jpg

Huawei RRU

Rrfy9E0.jpg

kwAiCAS.jpg

More 

OPqjddG.jpg

IHeRGsz.jpg

7urFNclh.jpg

8BXL4zch.jpg

Credits to Whomever took these photographs - you know who you are ;-)

.FCC

• Like 6

caspar347    1,508

Is it just my connection, or is the topic written in another language?

Now its showing up in Chinese. I swear the first time read the topic is just listed a bunch of random meat types.

I'm still laughing......

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

runagun    337

Here's another.

CAM00027_zps30591930.jpg

Nickel    1,048

Wait so Huawei has dual mode WiMAX/TD-LTE too? Have other vendors (besides Samsung) started making dual mode WiMAX/TD-LTE equipment too?

The Dave    1,874

I was under the impression that it was all going to be dual mode since they don't plan to decommission WiMAX for another couple of years.

COZisBack    2,824

I think this is what we have here in Columbus. I haven't seen Samsung equipment like I thought I would since we're a Samsung NV market.

cdk    1,758

I think this is what we have here in Columbus. I haven't seen Samsung equipment like I thought I would since we're a Samsung NV market.

I would guess Clearwire had already ordered (and probably installed most of) these prior to the merger going through. The fact that it is just a software update to use it as dual mode would suggest they will leave it in place as long as they can. The new dual mode Samsung equipment is probably heading first to older clear sites that can't be upgraded by software.

cdk    1,758

Are we sure that Sprint has signed agreements for the network wide deployment of 2500/2600 TD-LTE? It is conceivable that the vendors might win contracts for different areas for NV 2.0 than NV 1.0....

COZisBack    2,824

Are we sure that Sprint has signed agreements for the network wide deployment of 2500/2600 TD-LTE? It is conceivable that the vendors might win contracts for different areas for NV 2.0 than NV 1.0....

My original thought was that since Columbus Sprint NV is Samsung that Clearwire may have went the same route initially.

RichardXy    123

Doesn't the Huawei equipment need to be torn out and replaced in order to comply with the conditions of the Softbank purchase of Sprint? How soon does that need to happen?

• Like 1

cdk    1,758

My original thought was that since Columbus Sprint NV is Samsung that Clearwire may have went the same route initially.

That would certainly make it easier for everyone if that is the case. I guess we will see a pattern as they roll out the equipment,

COZisBack    2,824

Doesn't the Huawei equipment need to be torn out and replaced in order to comply with the conditions of the Softbank purchase of Sprint? How soon does that need to happen?

Check the OP.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

jeremyvbk    620

http://i.imgur.com/IHeRGsz.jpg

This one yes. 

Would either of the two smaller panels be for wimax? The one just to the right of the far left NV equipment is gone now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgms72wp5uag4us/20130703_124900.jpg

Would either of the two smaller panels be for wimax? The one just to the right of the far left NV equipment is gone now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgms72wp5uag4us/20130703_124900.jpg

I hope that is a contractor and not a jumper!

• Like 1

jeremyvbk    620

I hope that is a contractor and not a jumper!

Maybe it was a vandal! That site still isnt LTE accepted haha, I blame him and him disconnecting stuff haha

jthawks    365

Hey I was wondering why Sprint will keep using microwave backhaul on clear sites and go to fiber on Sprint sites? I'm assuming it's a cost thing and why Fix something that isn't broke right? I'm assuming the microwave way is still very efficient back haul?. Thanks.

S4GRU    54,599

Hey I was wondering why Sprint will keep using microwave backhaul on clear sites and go to fiber on Sprint sites? I'm assuming it's a cost thing and why Fix something that isn't broke right? I'm assuming the microwave way is still very efficient back haul?. Thanks.

They are upgrading the microwave in many instances.  It's a case by case basis depending on capability/demand.

Robert

• Like 2

jthawks    365

Oh I see. Are microwaves just has good as fiber? Why would Sprint not use microwaves on Sprint towers?

jeremyvbk    620

Who in the heck is the vendor that installed this weird looking wimax equipment?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dajn7x347ug44t/IMG_20140319_191757.jpg

I thought we had huawei equipment but I've never seen one like this.

lilotimz    10,867

Who in the heck is the vendor that installed this weird looking wimax equipment?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dajn7x347ug44t/IMG_20140319_191757.jpg

I thought we had huawei equipment but I've never seen one like this.

What are we suppose to look at?

anthony.spina97    1,592

What are we suppose to look at?

I'm guessing the bottom rack? Maybe? ...

-Anthony