Jump to content
joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Looks like T-Mobile is reaching network saturation if it's having to resort to this...

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/15/apple-watch-series-3-limited-speeds-tmobile/

That's embarrassing.

Sprint's Network on the other hand has been getting better and better based on Marcelo's recent remarks and the posted network plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Looks like T-Mobile is reaching network saturation if it's having to resort to this...

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/15/apple-watch-series-3-limited-speeds-tmobile/

That's embarrassing.

Sprint's Network on the other hand has been getting better and better based on Marcelo's recent remarks and the posted network plans.

do people watch 1080p videos on their watch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, though said:

do people watch 1080p videos on their watch?

Duh, why else would it be called a watch?

AJ

  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, though said:

do people watch 1080p videos on their watch?

No. But people stream music and the max bitrate here is 1/3 of Sprint's on Unlimited Freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RedSpark said:

We have launched a massive upgrade, in terms of our existing towers or existing macro-sites, in which I expect every one or -- very-very high 90s, that every single one of our site should have 800, 1.9 and 2.5.

This is what excites me most. This will help the network tremendously.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bretton88 said:

This is what excites me most. This will help the network tremendously.

ditto -- 

any idea which markets and when?   <<i know no idea - just typing out loud>> 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Looks like T-Mobile is reaching network saturation if it's having to resort to this...

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/15/apple-watch-series-3-limited-speeds-tmobile/

That's embarrassing.

Sprint's Network on the other hand has been getting better and better based on Marcelo's recent remarks and the posted network plans.

UPDATE: T-Mobile CEO John Legere says that he's "heard your frustration" about this news and that T-Mo's Apple Watch Series 3 plan will now include unlimited 4G LTE data for $10 per month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone who roams on US Cellular (LTE or EVDO) noticed that roaming traffic is no longer being updated in account usage (as roaming)?  I only noticed around labor day time frame, at the same time i noticed that i was no longer limited to about 2 mbits.  Labor day weekend i put through about 1.5 gigs of data on USCC and it was not reflected and i was not cut off but then my statement cut and everything got reset and here we are several weeks into a new period and again no roaming traffic has been counted, still set to zero.  I used about 150 megabytes yesterday afternoon but i can not tell if it was added to my normal non-roaming LTE totals or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep encountering surplus cellular antennas on a few feeds I follow. I wonder would getting one of these function any better as a receive antenna then the antenna farm I built in my attic of yagi's and parabolics? I know there are many factors involved in signal quality, but I imagine these would have a nice achievable gain. I could put a small motor on to operate the remote tilt, if I wanted to be a cooldood.

It would clean up a few wires, as they have 50 ohm connectors that run parellal, are multiband, so your low band ports and high band ports are all in one directional run. Instead of a run to each separate antenna or a splitter/combiner between low and high band antennas in our setup. Get a pair of those out back and that sure would look high speed, and pretty slick even, compared to my 8 antennoctpus we built.

While I pretty much have talked myself into getting one above, I would like any input from folks who have actually explored the hardware, how many elements they have and maybe how to identify that. I have not found much on any one trying this hardware for a home user network, so I figured this is my first place to ask. 

Have a great weekend everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 8:25 AM, swintec said:

Has anyone who roams on US Cellular (LTE or EVDO) noticed that roaming traffic is no longer being updated in account usage (as roaming)?  I only noticed around labor day time frame, at the same time i noticed that i was no longer limited to about 2 mbits.  Labor day weekend i put through about 1.5 gigs of data on USCC and it was not reflected and i was not cut off but then my statement cut and everything got reset and here we are several weeks into a new period and again no roaming traffic has been counted, still set to zero.  I used about 150 megabytes yesterday afternoon but i can not tell if it was added to my normal non-roaming LTE totals or not.

If USCC was no longer being counted as roaming data, that would be phenomenal. Keep us posted. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The great Sprint news posted here lately reminds me of reading S4GRU back in 2014, when talk of network development was back in its prime, already with much of NV having been completed. Its really good for Sprint and their customers to be developing like this at this rate, which will make a major difference in allowing Sprint not only to improve greatly, but also to be able to remain strong on its own without a merger.

Yet if Sprint does all this then merges with T-Mobile, then that'll be it for AT&T and Verizon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arysyn said:

The great Sprint news posted here lately reminds me of reading S4GRU back in 2014, when talk of network development was back in its prime, already with much of NV having been completed. Its really good for Sprint and their customers to be developing like this at this rate, which will make a major difference in allowing Sprint not only to improve greatly, but also to be able to remain strong on its own without a merger.

Yet if Sprint does all this then merges with T-Mobile, then that'll be it for AT&T and Verizon.

I'm glad things are really ramping up fast for Sprint. I think that both Sprint and T-Mobile can really stand on their own without a merger between the two. I would rather them not merge but we'll see what happens. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wonder if each MB will be counted as a line since each box is given its own phone number.  would really help pad the numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, swintec said:

i wonder if each MB will be counted as a line since each box is given its own phone number.  would really help pad the numbers.

Airraves didn't count so I don't see why a Magic Box would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, swintec said:

i wonder if each MB will be counted as a line since each box is given its own phone number.  would really help pad the numbers.

Why would you think MB's are counted as a line?   They have no phone number in/on them, and it's free and intended to ultimately benefit Sprint...Secondly... you the host, as well.   The moment they charge a line to have a MB is the moment it goes back to Sprint with a "No thank you note".     These are network "enhancer" devises, not paying customers... so I'm sure they cannot be counted as "Pad the numbers" !  ??    

What lead you to jump to such a conclusion?   

Edited by dro1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guenther seems to be suggesting this might be Massive MIMO in action. Massive crowd, and speeds are pretty sweet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Guenther seems to be suggesting this might be Massive MIMO in action. Massive crowd, and speeds are pretty sweet!

I understand why the upload looks poor and I understand why that are doing it that way.  But the optics of it looks bad.  Just too bad that they can not somehow improve the upload even if it is not really needed. Most of us S4GRU users have it figured out, but the average non-educated cell phone user just looks at the figures and thinks something is wrong with Sprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chamb said:

I understand why the upload looks poor and I understand why that are doing it that way.  But the optics of it looks bad.  Just too bad that they can not somehow improve the upload even if it is not really needed. Most of us S4GRU users have it figured out, but the average non-educated cell phone user just looks at the figures and thinks something is wrong with Sprint.

CA on upload.

It's coming..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

Why would you think MB's are counted as a line?   They have no phone number in/on them, and it's free and intended to ultimately benefit Sprint...Secondly... you the host, as well.   The moment they charge a line to have a MB is the moment it goes back to Sprint with a "No thank you note".     These are network "enhancer" devises, not paying customers... so I'm sure they cannot be counted as "Pad the numbers" !  ??    

What lead you to jump to such a conclusion?   

They may not count as a line but in the Sprint App there is a phone number associated with my Magic Box. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

CA on upload.

It's coming..

Are they not doing CA upload at all right now?  I had thought that they were at least doing it on 2xCA but maybe not on 3xCA.  Can they make it work on older phones like a Galaxy S-7 or it going to take improved hardware?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, david279 said:

They may not count as a line but in the Sprint App there is a phone number associated with my Magic Box. 

It's given a line on an account. I know this because I already had a magic box, on my residential account, and I requested a magic box for business location.

 

The lady from MB support emailed me and said  "we need an account to link this business magic box to"...so I gave her my number, which already had a MB linked...

She emailed me back and said that I couldn't use my account, because I already have a MB linked to my account, and needed to use a different account to link it to for the business MB. If it wasn't linked to an account (with a phone number, as shown below) then accounts would allow as many as you want to request within reason. I couldn't request one for home and one for business using the same account number..

 

sprintbill.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, david279 said:

They may not count as a line but in the Sprint App there is a phone number associated with my Magic Box. 

...so with this sort of thinking, it will not truly help Sprint's user numbers (user lines) .   ARPU  (Average revenue per user) as it's known, will be cut in nearly half if this sort of thinking holds true... which is why I doubt Sprint will count as "users".  Millions of magic boxes are or will be deployed with no addition revenue source.  I guess I fail to see what the intent of the thinking on your part and swintec's as to how this will positively affect Sprint "lines"??     Trying to figure out the thinking process here... I'm not following it....

If you look at the other posts above, you will see, Sprint simply needs to link a box to a user and they are using account numbers... appears one Magic Box per account number is allowed.   If you want a 2nd box, you need to link it to a different number/account.   Don't know where "Padding the numbers" came to be?? 

Edited by dro1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×