T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

looks just like what each carrier has already but this one looks like it supports all carriers so you dont have to have carrier specific one....

Can you name a single US operator that already has this type of LTE-A SmallCell solution commercially deployed.

• Like 1

Can you name a single US operator that already has this type of LTE-A SmallCell solution commercially deployed.

I have no idea, alls I said was it LOOKS like its what all the carriers sell already but THIS one looks like it COIULD support all the carriers....  :tu: 

Small cells can be fully powered off of a single PoE cable? That's incredible! (Is this a new thing? Or am I getting excited about something that's been around for awhile?)

• Like 1

Small cells can be fully powered off of a single PoE cable? That's incredible! (Is this a new thing? Or am I getting excited about something that's been around for awhile?)

The concept of Ethernet as a single feed has been around for a while, but in the U.S. market, there hasn't been any significant commercial deployments of SmallCell. LTE-U or LAA is a brand new concept. Hopefully this year we'll see more of these launches from different vendors.

• Like 3

I'm sure that puts pressure on Sprint to have 3 carrier aggregation complete by the end of the year. That likely won't happen until the WiMax shutdown on November 6th though. 2 Carrier Aggregation is likely right around the corner though.

I think 3 channel CA is coming early 2016 for sprint. I wonder if sprint plans to aggregate the multiple carriers within the PCS band with band 26 or down the line aggregate 600mhz and 800mhz....or aggregate PCS and BRS

The possibilities lol!!

I think 3 channel CA is coming early 2016 for sprint. I wonder if sprint plans to aggregate the multiple carriers within the PCS band with band 26 or down the line aggregate 600mhz and 800mhz....or aggregate PCS and BRS

The possibilities lol!!

Perhaps further on, but I doubt they'd ever do such a thing in the near term. Sprint has so much BRS/EBS spectrum that they are set for a long time. I'm sure as EVDO usage drops and as Sprint moves on to VoLTE (whenever they do) we'll see Sprint pursue PCS carrier aggregation or maybe even increasing carrier size to provide higher peak speeds on PCS, but as I said before, that's not for a long time. 

PCS and BRS probably won't ever be aggregated simply because of technical difficulties TDD->FDD and all that jazz. 

600MHz and SMR sounds smart but I'm not sure Sprint'll want to do so immediately. Knowing the users on this site, people will be watching FCC documents for any indication of such happenings.

• Like 1

Good job on their part! I wonder how Sprint did though.

Sounds like it wasn't that great for Sprint.

The company said it logged porting ratios of 1.4 versus Verizon , 1.8 versus AT&T and 2.2 versus Sprintin the fourth quarter.

I can't believe how many subscribers T-Mobile has gained - they've done a great job.  I am glad to see the increased competition - good for us Sprint users as well as we've seen Sprint up their game significantly as of late.

Sounds like it wasn't that great for Sprint.

The company said it logged porting ratios of 1.4 versus Verizon , 1.8 versus AT&T and 2.2 versus Sprintin the fourth quarter.

I can't believe how many subscribers T-Mobile has gained - they've done a great job.  I am glad to see the increased competition - good for us Sprint users as well as we've seen Sprint up their game significantly as of late.

Just because their Sprint porting ratio was high doesn't mean they didn't do well. T-Mobile seemed to be targeting sprint for nearly the whole year whereas Sprint has been targeting Verizon and AT&T mostly since Marcelo Claure became CEO. Then if we look at Verizon's foreshadowing that Q4 wasn't as good as usual for them and AT&T's silence, it can be suspected that Sprint put a bit of a dent in Verizon and AT&T's results. To me, T-Mobile's preliminary Q4 results aren't really different from what they usually do each quarter. It doesn't stand out from their usual trend as being particularly better.

But as I said, good on them for having such a great year of customer additions.

• Like 1

Just because their Sprint porting ratio was high doesn't mean they didn't do well. T-Mobile seemed to be targeting sprint for nearly the whole year whereas Sprint has been targeting Verizon and AT&T mostly since Marcelo Claure became CEO. Then if we look at Verizon's foreshadowing that Q4 wasn't as good as usual for them and AT&T's silence, it can be suspected that Sprint put a bit of a dent in Verizon and AT&T's results. To me, T-Mobile's preliminary Q4 results aren't really different from what they usually do each quarter. It doesn't stand out from their usual trend as being particularly better.

How has tmobile been targeting sprint specifically? Seems they're just doing more of the same tactics while sprint I agree has been targeting att vz.

Yes, ideally, I would like to see Sprint stay #3 and watch AT&T/VZN bleed!!!

That would definitely make some dreams come true.

How has tmobile been targeting sprint specifically?

Uh, do you understand the words that are coming out of John Legere's mouth?

AJ

• Like 1

better then nothing

You mean "better than nothing."  But, remarkably, one month data rollover is better for a month, then nothing.

:P

AJ

• Like 5

Sprint actually mentions att vz in commercials. What does tmobile say or do that targets sprint vs all 3?

I believe you answered my question.  You do not understand -- or, at least, listen to -- the words coming out of John Legere's mouth.

Now, I have actual paid work to do.  I will let others chime in to tell you how you are wrong.

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint actually mentions att vz in commercials. What does tmobile say or do that targets sprint vs all 3?

For awhile they gave people that switched from Sprint unlimited data for a year.  It was some type of referral promotion.

EDIT: Legere really hammers Sprint on Twitter.  Anytime Sprint posts an achievement, Legere runs in and stomps on it.

Remember for how for half of a year all he said was "We're gonna pass Sprint by the end of the year." and that tune turned into "We're gonna pass Sprint for sure in 2015." Not to mention, marketing Unlimited like crazy to lure Sprint Unlimited customers.

I think what Sprint did that was smart was embrace unlimited and shared data. Although T-Mobile has tiered data, it would prove annoying/confusing for those coming from the big two in that it isn't actually shared data. At one point T-Mobile advertised 10GB of data for 4 people for $100 or something along those lines but what screwed them over was that each person was limited to 2.5GB a month. Sprint's Double Data promotion is what made Verizon and AT&T customers switch since it was simple, you'll get double the data for the same price.

• Like 2

For awhile they gave people that switched from Sprint unlimited data for a year. It was some type of referral promotion.

EDIT: Legere really hammers Sprint on Twitter. Anytime Sprint posts an achievement, Legere runs in and stomps on it.

The referral was from any carrier not just sprint.
  • Like 1