T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Stringing up wires is not not the same as building multiple parallel roads.

Apparently, stringing up multiple wires is objectionable to shareholders and building multiple towers is objectionable to municipalities. So, yes, it is similar. Try again.

And if your idea is so doable then we'd see it done in at least one country. Like Belgium at least

Who said my "idea" was doable? We should have reasonable universal healthcare in this country. That is not doable either -- because of certain industrial political factions.  But it has been done in other countries.

First?  First!  Who cares?  The US could be the first country to have a nationalized telecom infrastructure.  It would make sense.  Other countries are not comparable in geographic size, population, population density, and wealth.

Also, please solve your double posting problem. Maybe it is your T-Mobile IP address.  Staff is tired of fixing the chronic issue for you.

AJ

NIMBY fights like this aren't particularly new.

Another one involving Verizon is occurring locally here now - http://boycottverizonwexford.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Verizons_Federal_Lawsuit_against_Wexford_County.pdf 

They typically get shot down, because there's usually not legitimate claim to deny them. And even if there was, they usually aren't presented/filed properly.

Page not found

Apparently, stringing up multiple wires is objectionable to shareholders and building multiple towers is objectionable to municipalities. So, yes, it is similar. Try again.

Who said my "idea" was doable? We should have reasonable universal healthcare in this country. That is not doable either -- because of certain industrial political factions. But it has been done in other countries.

First? First! Who cares? The US could be the first country to have a nationalized telecom infrastructure. It would make sense. Other countries are not comparable in geographic size, population, population density, and wealth.

Also, please solve your double posting problem. Maybe it is your T-Mobile IP address. Staff is tired of fixing the chronic issue for you.

AJ

I have latest version of tapatalk can't do more than that.

For example, Sweden is very left in taxation social attitudes welfare etc. so if Europe isn't even discussing telecom nationalization you gotta accept it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Page not found

Oh, sorry. Didn't notice they had hotlink protection setup.

http://boycottverizonwexford.com/ (scroll down, click "View Lawsuit").

In that particular situation, Verizon did everything right, and the residents complaints are either outright lies, or completely silly.

It's very likely Verizon win the lawsuit.

In that particular situation, Verizon did everything right, and the residents complaints are either outright lies, or completely silly.

What's a valid reason for rejecting a tower?

• Like 1

These are the better questions. In this country, how long will it take private industry to invest in such crucial nationwide fiber network(s)? Will short term focused, increase my wealth quickly shareholders ever allow it?

Does the market actually demand nationwide fiber to all citizens? I'll be honest and say I don't know. Maybe most people want easier access. It's not a problem where I live, so if that wasn't the case perhaps I would feel differently. I am a federal emoloyee (I work in govt budget/finance policy), so I see how awful we do at many things. Some things the government does very well, and this could very well be one of them.

It's important to remember that a company like Sprint or Verizon have a #1 priority, and that is shareholder value. At some point the market will very likely dictate more prevalent fiber, and shareholder value will decline until they invest in that. But if the government took over that, it certainly might speed it up. But you'd probably piss off a lot of political donators ????

This is the funniest part of their complaint, IMO:

• Detract from the rural character of the area
  • Ruin what is currently a pristine night sky

-Anthony

• Like 1

Quick question about AWS-3 spectrum.  The main AWS-3 spectrum of interest being auctioned is 1755-1780 MHz and 2155-2180 MHz (not counting the unpaired blocks).  Can someone explain why LTE Band 10 only consists of 1710-1770 MHz and 2110-2170 MHz.  Why doesn't Band 10 include the frequency range of 1770-1780 MHz and 2170-2180 MHz  I know the FCC is planning to auction the 1770-1780 MHz and 2170-2180 MHz spectrum as a single 10x10 block according to FierceWireless.  I don't think it would make sense to make an entire new LTE band just to support the 10x10 block. Was this a typo on the 3GPP's part?

The AWS-3 auction will have two sub-bands, each with its own band plan:
  • One of the sub-bands consists of one unpaired 5 MHz block (1695-1700 MHz) and one unpaired 10 MHz block (1700-1710 MHz), licensed in Economic Area (EA) geographies.
  • The other sub-band consists of paired spectrum. It includes one 5x5 MHz block (1755-1760 and 2155-2160 MHz) licensed in Cellular Market Area (CMA) geographies, and two 5x5 MHz blocks (1760-1765 and 2160-2165 MHz, and then 1765-1770 and 2165-2170 MHz) licensed in EA geographies. And finally there is one 10x10 MHz block (1770-1780 and 2170-2180 MHz) licensed on an EA basis.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/fcc-sets-rules-105b-aws-3-auction-t-mobile-dish-denied-request-split-spectr/2014-07-24

Quick question about AWS-3 spectrum. The main AWS-3 spectrum of interest being auctioned is 1755-1780 MHz and 2155-2180 MHz (not counting the unpaired blocks). Can someone explain why LTE Band 10 only consists of 1710-1770 MHz and 2110-2170 MHz. Why doesn't Band 10 include the frequency range of 1770-1780 MHz and 2170-2180 MHz I know the FCC is planning to auction the 1770-1780 MHz and 2170-2180 MHz spectrum as a single 10x10 block according to FierceWireless. I don't think it would make sense to make an entire new LTE band just to support the 10x10 block. Was this a typo on the 3GPP's part?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/fcc-sets-rules-105b-aws-3-auction-t-mobile-dish-denied-request-split-spectr/2014-07-24

Band 10 will no be used. A new band will be created for aws1+aws3

Oh ok...that makes sense.  Oh yeah I guess on further research it is being used in Latin America.  I guess they run AWS in a similar range which is why I got confused.  I guess that LTE band process won't be done until the auction is over.

Quick question about AWS-3 spectrum.  The main AWS-3 spectrum of interest being auctioned is 1755-1780 MHz and 2155-2180 MHz (not counting the unpaired blocks).  Can someone explain why LTE Band 10 only consists of 1710-1770 MHz and 2110-2170 MHz.  Why doesn't Band 10 include the frequency range of 1770-1780 MHz and 2170-2180 MHz  I know the FCC is planning to auction the 1770-1780 MHz and 2170-2180 MHz spectrum as a single 10x10 block according to FierceWireless.  I don't think it would make sense to make an entire new LTE band just to support the 10x10 block. Was this a typo on the 3GPP's part?

Oh ok...that makes sense.  Oh yeah I guess on further research it is being used in Latin America.  I guess they run AWS in a similar range which is why I got confused.  I guess that LTE band process won't be done until the auction is over.

Does anyone know if the FCC will require it to all be under one band like 600?

Does anyone know if the FCC will require it to all be under one band like 600?

Not sure but I think it would only be in the best interest for everybody to have just a single AWS LTE band class. That way it would be easier for the carriers to just add that 1 LTE band and have coverage for the entire AWS range. I hate all these obsolete LTE band classes which have constraints.  The 600 MHz better be a single LTE band class as well.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity does anyone happen to have a generated map of what tmobiles LTE coverage will look like once 300 pops are hit? I've seen sprints and their roaming agreement but I would like to see what T-Mobile will look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the funniest part of their complaint, IMO:

Yep. And I think that line is even better with context. From their own website :

"AT&T already owns and operates an existing tower very close to that site"

"[Verizon's tower would] ruin what is currently a pristine sky"

Apparently, when AT&T builds a tower, it's just one part of their "pristine sky", but if Verizon builds a tower in the same spot, it "ruins" both the sky and the rural charm.

:rolleyes:

• Like 5

Out of curiosity does anyone happen to have a generated map of what tmobiles LTE coverage will look like once 300 pops are hit? I've seen sprints and their roaming agreement but I would like to see what T-Mobile will look like.

No because T-Mobile hasn't said where the coverage expansion will be, and probably never will until they start expanding.

AT&T claimed to hit 300m POPs w/ LTE four months ago (September 2014). In theory, it could be comparable coverage to AT&T back at that time.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/att-hits-milestone-early-covers-300-million-pops-lte/2014-09-04

• Like 1

LOL - I hope this was sort of a joke, but funny either way.

it was but i also tried to make a point that its stupid to block any cell towers as there are also people who cant get broadband at home and may be forced to use some wireless ISP.

i also stated that just because verizon wants to build cell towers does not mean that other service providers cant come along in the future and also add their own equipment and that they are just screwing users of any wireless company.

Its like here in lima we have the refinery and you can see the smoke and fire from it for more than 10 miles into the country. i have never heard anyone bitch or moan "oh it makes the area look bad" or "it makes the night sky cloudy" no one gives a crap because it serves a purpose just like new cell towers would. 

EDIT: sorry off topic a bit will try and not derail this thread more.

• Like 2

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/01/15/t-mobiles-new-simply-prepaid-plans-cap-your-lte-data/

Watchu guys this about this Article?

The author is clueless. This is exact same thing tmobile does with postpaid plans: high speed bucket then get slowed down. Nothing new.

The 8mbps is new and it's same policy as cricket.

The author is clueless. This is exact same thing tmobile does with postpaid plans: high speed bucket then get slowed down. Nothing new.

The 8mbps is new and it's same policy as cricket.

What can anyone really do with 8mb, my real question would be is why is TM, limiting their customers and it's 4G bandwidth?

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/01/15/t-mobiles-new-simply-prepaid-plans-cap-your-lte-data/

Watchu guys this about this Article?

Milan03 had some good comments about it (that I don't necessarily agree with but were well thought out) on HowardForums.

Who needs more than 8mbps? As long as it is consistent, that should be the cap. Frankly it drives me nuts when I see someone online bragging on using their Sprint connection has their home connection and using 100GB+ probably downloading illegal material.