Ace41690

Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

5 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Hit my first 3XCA Clearwire site in far Rockaway..

https://imgur.com/gallery/3J6iU

Happy to see them doing this but they really should be replacing these sites with newer equipment. These clear sites are in some of the busiest areas. When Wimax was around these site provided all the coverage. I was hoping to see Mimo equipment replacing these sites this year. 

Happy to see them doing this but they really should be replacing these sites with newer equipment. These clear sites are in some of the busiest areas. When Wimax was around these site provided all the coverage. I was hoping to see Mimo equipment replacing these sites this year. 

Clearwire sites are gradually being replaced. I've found at least 4 in the Kansas City area that have been upgraded from Sprint NV/Clear B41 to 8T8R or from Clear only to full Sprint equipment. Doesn't help your market, but this should be happening in most Clear markets to some degree.

Sent from my LG G6

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mirskyc said:

While I do agree they should (and we all know they will) be replaced, but if enabling 3x and 4x extends the hardware's life a bit longer before being replaced I'm all for it. 

I'd rather see them invest in areas that lack b41 first before replacing hardware that could potentially still serve areas well for a bit longer.

• Like 1

Go figure..

The highest speed ive ever recorded! 

Clear site by 164th St off the Grand Concourse in the Bronx just got 3xCA.

https://imgur.com/gallery/wjFE7

Folks! 3XCA on clearwire sites is starting to spread! I hit 2 more sites just this morning.

This is gonna be especially awesome for UE relay situations where donor sites get a nice shot in the arm of additional backhaul capacity.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Bloody hell. :o

9 minutes ago, shaferz said:

Bloody hell. :o

Yes Sir! Big ups to the GS9+ Its Radio performance is stellar! 

Drove from Washington heights to midtown and every clear site I hit now has 3XCA live.

Network is performing awesome from 181st to 28st(most of Manhattan, I didn't travel any more South to confirm)

Here are speed test taken from Clear sites in midtown running 3XCA..

https://imgur.com/gallery/0RDYv

*Bonus, just asked a buddy of mine from Brooklyn to check for Clear 3xCA since it's his home site, lo and behold 3XCA it's live on that site too! Bringing me to the conclusion that it's probably deployed extensively in BK as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Drove from Washington heights to midtown and every clear site I hit now has 3XCA live.

Network is performing awesome from 181st to 28st(most of Manhattan, I didn't travel any more South to confirm)

Here are speed test taken from Clear sites in midtown running 3XCA..

https://imgur.com/gallery/0RDYv

*Bonus, just asked a buddy of mine from Brooklyn to check for Clear 3xCA since it's his home site, lo and behold 3XCA it's live on that site too! Bringing me to the conclusion that it's probably deployed extensively in BK as well.

Like you said in a previous post, it's likely for all of the LTE-UE Relay small cells popping up, not only on the street but also in the form of Magic Boxes. It should give a significant boost in speed across NYC. I can't wait to be back in NYC on Friday to test it out.

• Like 1

This is interesting, I drove north on Madison Ave (I drove south on Broadway when I hit all those 3xca clear sites before) and none of the Clear sites have the third carrier live yet. 

I'm still quite impressed with what ive seen so far, there is a ton of clear sites that have 3xCA that seemed to happen almost overnight.

Fun lil tidbit to take note of. I've noticing more and more MB's around town. I've hit at least 10 in the last couple of weeks.

Very nice seeing B41 densified in this super efficient and creative way.

• Like 1

Came across a few Clearwire 3xCA sites. Speeds maxed out at 150Mbps down and 7.92 up.

• Like 2

noticed 10x10 2nd carrier in multiple subway stations. Also noticed it a few times around manhattan. One thing i noticed is that my phone will not do CA with the 10x10 and 5x5 carrier. But on site that haven't been updated to 10x10 the phone still does CA

• Like 4

Check out those ping times! 

Outdoors on the 3xCA Clearwire site.

i2CqoE5.png

Inside my home on Band 26.

FciRP76.png

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Check out those ping times! 

Outdoors on the 3xCA Clearwire site.

i2CqoE5.png

Inside my home on Band 26.

FciRP76.png

How extensive has the Clear 3xCA deployment been in and around BK? And have you found UE relay sites to offer any speed enhancements.

Just now, nexgencpu said:

How extensive has the Clear 3xCA deployment been in and around BK? And have you found UE relay sites to offer any speed enhancements.

I've only encountered a few throughout Central BK so far. The speed test up above was taken by Classon Ave and Pacific St in Brooklyn. However the Clearwire site in my neighborhood that feeds the relay site nearest to me is still on 2xCA. I'll be out and about all afternoon and evening today so I'll keep a lookout.

Just connected to 10x10 in hartsdale NY. Speeds are 10mbs+ in the mall.

• Like 1

How is it Sprint has cut their pings down so drastically there? Conversion of the network core to Nokia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Fraydog said:

How is it Sprint has cut their pings down so drastically there? Conversion of the network core to Nokia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint's pings have generally been pretty solid (20-40 on average) UE relay has caused a small spike between 20-40 higher than before but still solid.

Sprint is 3-4x faster than Verizon in Park Slope and Gowanus in Brooklyn. I ran speed tests on a Verizon iPhone 7 Plus and my Galaxy S9+. Verizon could only manage 16-21Mbps whereas my phone consistently had speeds of 60-80Mbps. Verizon had insanely better upload speeds though. Where I would get 5Mbps, Verizon would get up to 20Mbps.

All of the small cells I found were still broadcasting one carrier but the speeds are significantly faster. Up to 80Mbps down.

• Like 1

10x10 Band 25 indoors at the Javits Center for the New York International Auto Show. 

U6byGHE.jpg

FdYRXMb.jpg

• Like 3

Just hit my first 10x10 B25 in midtown as well on 37th street and 5th Ave.

Indoors speeds were in the mid 30's

• Like 3

With the launch of 10x10, Sprint has as much spectrum for LTE online as VZW does in NYC and it's definitely showing in the speed increase across the city. Verizon is down to it's last 20MHz in CLR to bring online and they're likely only going to bring a 5x5 online until the CDMA shutdown in 2020/2021 sometime. But they still have something like 350MHz of mmWave spectrum that they will deploy for 5G here.

I'm assuming Sprint will eventually do CA on 5x5+10x10 on B25 which will be nice too.

But once they add B25 as PCC+ B41 as SCC, it will be even crazier..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

I'm assuming Sprint will eventually do CA on 5x5+10x10 on B25 which will be nice too.

I hoping that CA on 5x5+10x10 on B25 comes soon. 5x5+5x5 came pretty soon after the second B25 5x5 carrier came online, just needed a phone that supported it.

3 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

I'm with you on the second one especially. Band 25+41 carrier aggregation will be a game changer for Sprint. Especially with the increasingly large Band 25 carrier sizes providing greater upload speeds.

• Like 1