Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Thanks, I do appreciate the information. It's nice to get the very latest on what's going on with Sprint here in the Springfield area. Makes my decision a little more interesting. It would certainly be nice to have unlimited data on a fast network. Unlimited is nice, but when it's at 1MB down or worse (I get 100kb down at my office...dial-up on steroids), it doesn't mean a whole lot. Spark sounds very promising and much needed!

1 mb is perfect for anything other than streaming HD video...

But that's isn't what people are paying for with LTE.

Yeah, unfortunately, that's my point too.  It would be different if I were on a 3G only plan with no 4G upcharge.  Not trying to sound like a data snob.  Cell phone plans are expensive.  I'd be disappointed with my home internet if I paid for 15mb service and only got 3...not because 3 isn't enough, but because I wouldn't be getting what I paid more money for.

Yeah, unfortunately, that's my point too.  It would be different if I were on a 3G only plan with no 4G upcharge.  Not trying to sound like a data snob.  Cell phone plans are expensive.  I'd be disappointed with my home internet if I paid for 15mb service and only got 3...not because 3 isn't enough, but because I wouldn't be getting what I paid more money for.

If you feel like you are paying too much, there are cheaper plans now available. Chances are you qualify for at least one of them. And, just to be clear, there is no 4G data charge. That was how it was referred to for a couple of months by customer service reps, but never officially by Sprint. It's simply a data charge applied to those who use more data (4G/LTE capable devices), you would find it applied today even if you had a 3G only device.

There's a 4g up charge? I guess I need to look at my bill this month to see lol.

Can't tell if your joking or being sarcastic, but there is a $10 'premium data' fee for smartphones on 'everything data' plans that has been around ever since the evo 4g wimax came out.

I believe all the new plans have had this fee removed and/or integrated into the base price.

Premium Data (required for this device)
$10.00

Can't tell if your joking or being sarcastic, but there is a $10 'premium data' fee for smartphones on 'everything data' plans that has been around ever since the evo 4g wimax came out.

I believe all the new plans have had this fee removed and/or integrated into the base price.

I'm on a my way plan, I joined this January so I was legitimately confused and sort of joking.

I'm on a my way plan, I joined this January so I was legitimately confused and sort of joking.

Customer service referred to the $10 charge as a "4G fee" for a couple of months before they got corrected. It's caused problems ever since. Especially since so many markets didn't get WiMax. It was only on the "Everything Data" plans that were offered before My Way and Framily came about last year.

well since only wimax/lte smart phones required it (as far as I have ever seen, excepting maybe the iphone 4/4s), it was pretty much a de facto 4g fee regardless of whether sprint or anyone else acknowledged it as such.

• Like 1

well since only wimax/lte smart phones required it (as far as I have ever seen, excepting maybe the iphone 4/4s), it was pretty much a de facto 4g fee regardless of whether sprint or anyone else acknowledged it as such.

It was expanded to all data devices. It's required on 3G and 4G device alike, if you can find a 3G only device anymore.

Let's not get on the $10 fee subject again.  People's feelings get hurt.  No matter what people's opinion was about it, it's gone in every way now.  And all the new plans since LTE started really being deployed are less.  So in most ways we can say that LTE plans are less expensive than previous 3G plans.  So there really is no 4G or LTE Premium being paid anymore.

And that's the way it should be, as LTE networks and upgraded backhaul are way cheaper per GB for providers than old 3G networks.

• Like 3

Any update when the tower's in chesterfield will be useful again. Zero data either 1x or 3g but nothing useable. Sprint said we know 2 tower's are down but there is zero ETA on when they will be back up....kinda frustrating because I work in the valley so I have to use a Verizon iPhone to do anything.

Any update when the tower's in chesterfield will be useful again. Zero data either 1x or 3g but nothing useable. Sprint said we know 2 tower's are down but there is zero ETA on when they will be back up....kinda frustrating because I work in the valley so I have to use a Verizon iPhone to do anything.

I was wondering about that too.  I'm rarely in Chesterfield but my dad works out there at the airport and complains to me about Sprint service there a lot.  He's considering leaving our family plan because he can't keep having an unusable phone at work.

I was wondering about that too. I'm rarely in Chesterfield but my dad works out there at the airport and complains to me about Sprint service there a lot. He's considering leaving our family plan because he can't keep having an unusable phone at work.

Huh, I moved in late august so I can't comment on anything super recent. However from January until then there's been LTE in the majority of Chesterfield, and usable 3g in almost every other place.

Huh, I moved in late august so I can't comment on anything super recent. However from January until then there's been LTE in the majority of Chesterfield, and usable 3g in almost every other place.

I swear you were the only person to get good signal there lol!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The only people I know with Sprint who have bad service down there are people who own apple products.

I had usable signal when in the valley. I get decent enough 3G and if I am on 64 I can hold lte the entire way from Olive to the river.

On the highway its fine in the valley it would just die for anyone I went with who was on sprint.

The valley is where it's best for me...decent 41 at the outlets, b26 to fill in the gaps of b25. Hell I kept LTE inside every store but the middle of Sam's when I was going down there every day for work.

On the highway its fine in the valley it would just die for anyone I went with who was on sprint.

Yea my signal is ok in the valley also. I don't have any real complaints

its been a bit since I've been there so I am hoping that is the general consensus these days.

Have you been since B26 has been launched?

Yesterday, I was in the parking lot in front of Walmart in the valley and had 1 bar of 3G. Couldn't even send an MMS. I consistently have bad service in that area.

You don't have a Spark device. That's the main issue right there.

Sent from my Nexus 5