Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

However, I have yet to see a permit pulled for the mall site. That being said, I pick up B26 from the site on hwy 60, and the Evans & 65 site near the mall, so having nearby sites upgraded may help improve the experience if you have a tri-band device.

Running the stock N5 radios and being in the Battlefield Mall and the Walmart Super Center on Independence triangle I rarely have 3G let alone 4G. I may get 1 bar of LTE in the Wally World parking lot but then I quickly drop to 3G or often 1x when I'm inside the store.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Running the stock N5 radios and being in the Battlefield Mall and the Walmart Super Center on Independence triangle I rarely have 3G let alone 4G. I may get 1 bar of LTE in the Wally World parking lot but then I quickly drop to 3G or often 1x when I'm inside the store.

Weird. I had a weak LTE signal on my G3 inside Walmart a couple weeks ago, and was sitting on LTE from the Battlefield (sprint store) site in Cheddars which is down Glenstone from the mall. I have yet to go in the mall though.

Sent from my LG G3

Weird. I had a weak LTE signal on my G3 inside Walmart a couple weeks ago, and was sitting on LTE from the Battlefield (sprint store) site in Cheddars which is down Glenstone from the mall. I have yet to go in the mall though.

Sent from my LG G3

Once in a great while I'll get a fleeting LTE connection in the Walmart parking lot and while in the forward part of the building but it's so infrequent I really don't count it. I was at Applebee's (catty - corner to Cheddar's) and the Target next door Saturday evening and only had one of two bars of 3G with absolutely no data, voice or SMS connection. While the rest of my family was in Target I tried for half an hour to reset my data connection but could never pickup LTE or get data on 3G. I hope that this part of town can get at least on tower upgraded. It had literally been years like this.

Once in a great while I'll get a fleeting LTE connection in the Walmart parking lot and while in the forward part of the building but it's so infrequent I really don't count it. I was at Applebee's (catty - corner to Cheddar's) and the Target next door Saturday evening and only had one of two bars of 3G with absolutely no data, voice or SMS connection. While the rest of my family was in Target I tried for half an hour to reset my data connection but could never pickup LTE or get data on 3G. I hope that this part of town can get at least on tower upgraded. It had literally been years like this.

How's the Missouri state university campus coverage?

The last time I was at the Juanita K. Hammons Hall by the N.W. side of campus it was great.  Not sure about the rest of the campus though

I have recently seen speeds at my home drop significantly on B25, and B26 at my home. They both are averaging around 1.2 mbps down. I hope this doesn't mean they are both saturated already since B26 hasn't been around long and speeds were never great on it here. I think my only hope is B41. My house is right out of the spark covered area but if i sit outside long enough I can eventually connect to a weak B41 connection anywhere from -105,-120 dBm if I am on the east side of my house. Speeds are much better than B25, B26 at around 8-14 mbps down. My room is on the east side of my house but no B41 inside when standing two feet away on the outside i can get around 10 mbps on a weak (-114)dBm B41 signal. My question is, when these new 8t8r radios are installed will signal improve enough to penetrate into my house?

It's happened! The LTE gods have finally smiled upon Springfield!

Two years after I moved here, and almost a year since they started pulling permits, one of the telephone pole sites has been upgraded! Only 18 more to go...

uploadfromtaptalk1408154381239.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1408154391006.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1408154399516.jpg

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 5

So they were able to add the equipment to these wimpy pole sites?  Wow will wonders never cease.  Which site was this?

So they were able to add the equipment to these wimpy pole sites? Wow will wonders never cease. Which site was this?

Site is on the northeast side of town.

All the equipment is up there. Notice they are using the new Ericsson RRUS31 RRUs so they only need 2 RRUs per sector rather than 3 or 4. So its the full setup, 1900 CDMA, 800 CDMA, Band 25 and 26.

:D

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 2

It's happened! The LTE gods have finally smiled upon Springfield!

Two years after I moved here, and almost a year since they started pulling permits, one of the telephone pole sites has been upgraded! Only 18 more to go...

attachicon.gif20140815_202443.jpg

attachicon.gif20140815_202518.jpg

attachicon.gif20140815_202526.jpg

Sent from my LG G3

PS. These pictures aren't the best. I'll try to get some daylight pictures soon that will hopefully show more detail.

Site is on the northeast side of town.

All the equipment is up there. Notice they are using the new Ericsson RRUS31 RRUs so they only need 2 RRUs per sector rather than 3 or 4. So its the full setup, 1900 CDMA, 800 CDMA, Band 25 and 26.

:D

Sent from my LG G3

Do you have any clue if any of these upgraded pole sites will get 41 or will we be limited to the inner town sites?

Do you have any clue if any of these upgraded pole sites will get 41 or will we be limited to the inner town sites?

That is not clear at this point. I think they could handle the equipment, but I don't know if the NIMBYs will be able to handle the "ugly" view.
  • Like 1

So I drove down from Parkville(up by KC) to Springfield. I had LTE honestly about 95% of the way, without toggling or doing anything to my phone. I drove down MO13 for most of the trip, I have to say it was a nice surprise.

• Like 1

Downloads off this are only 2 to 3 megs. Guess this means it hasn't been optimized?

Or it could be a site designed to boost coverage, not capacity.

So I drove down from Parkville(up by KC) to Springfield. I had LTE honestly about 95% of the way, without toggling or doing anything to my phone. I drove down MO13 for most of the trip, I have to say it was a nice surprise.

Did you have LTE between Collins and Springfield? I wasn't aware that stretch of 13 had any LTE yet. Other than immediately around Collins, and immediately on the north side of Springfield.

Did you have LTE between Collins and Springfield? I wasn't aware that stretch of 13 had any LTE yet. Other than immediately around Collins, and immediately on the north side of Springfield.

I can't say for 100% sure but I feel like I did for a least part of it. There was a crap load of b26 also. I can pull my log and send it to you to see if there are any new ones.