Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

LOL my reaction was priceless when I first saw LTE on my iphone. I was in my car and I swear the driver next to me thought I was crazy... Haha

if it makes you feel any better, this morning i opened sensorly to see if there were any changes and all the sudden all of utah vall was covered! i had my 2 second freak out before i realized i hadn't changed the drop-down to 4g instead of wimax.  :blush:

if it makes you feel any better, this morning i opened sensorly to see if there were any changes and all the sudden all of utah vall was covered! i had my 2 second freak out before i realized i hadn't changed the drop-down to 4g instead of wimax.  :blush:

Haha!  I bet most of us have done that!  :)

Im on a virgin mobile device but it is basically a sprint device. But ive been reading these forums off and on the last few days. Figured i would join up. Hoping they get around to updating the towers closer to my house so i can get some LTE action on.

Im on a virgin mobile device but it is basically a sprint device. But ive been reading these forums off and on the last few days. Figured i would join up. Hoping they get around to updating the towers closer to my house so i can get some LTE action on.

welcome! i just joined yesterday and if it makes you feel any better, it looks like you're in slc so the current activity is much closer to you than me.

welcome! i just joined yesterday and if it makes you feel any better, it looks like you're in slc so the current activity is much closer to you than me.

Yes im in salt lake city but not up by bountiful. my mailing address is salt lake city but the zip code is 84123. Im on the border of west valley city taylorsville and murray. So im kinda far from the action.

what's weird is on checking the sensorly maps i keep noticing the coverage keeps spreading north more often than south. so i wonder if they are working more on the northern towers and working their way south.

i don't know but i'm a total rookie to this stuff. i work about a block away from one of the towers listed on the map of what is slated to get a 4g upgrade and i can't even find a tower or anything there.

Yes im in salt lake city but not up by bountiful. my mailing address is salt lake city but the zip code is 84123. Im on the border of west valley city taylorsville and murray. So im kinda far from the action.

You actually have no idea how close you are to the action until you become a sponsor. I will tell you this, I saw them wiring a site in west valley today, so you never know until you check out some sites.

i don't know but i'm a total rookie to this stuff. i work about a block away from one of the towers listed on the map of what is slated to get a 4g upgrade and i can't even find a tower or anything there.

There are some that are hidden whether it be a rooftop or sometimes they put stuff on a water tower around the rim and it's really hard to spot!

what's weird is on checking the sensorly maps i keep noticing the coverage keeps spreading north more often than south. so i wonder if they are working more on the northern towers and working their way south.

They haven't actually added any towers recently, it just happens that people keep mapping the coverage in that direction.

Any LTE spotted in Taylorsville?

None as of yet. But usually when i am home i am using wifi as even with LTE speeds my home internet connection (when it works) is faster than the average LTE speeds i have been seeing. But when im away from home i am still on 3G so still playing the waiting game.

Last Christmas I was in Los Angeles and had my first LTE experience. It was amazing. I hit 22meg down. BTW, 3G has speed up more in American Fork. I hit 2.4 meg down at the Front Runner station. Can't wait till we get LTE in Utah County.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5550/9517718499_bed4fe6084_o.jpg

this is the second closest tower to my house as i couldn't see the antenna that's supposed to be about a mile from me :( i'm sure this isn't much help but as a rookie i didn't know if there's something i could be watching for aside from actually catching workers on the tower. there obviously a LOT of antennas up there so i'm not sure how to tell what is what. thanks ahead of time for your patience with my ignorance...hopefully i can be a help and not a hindrance.

Edited by lilotimz

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5550/9517718499_bed4fe6084_o.jpg

this is the second closest tower to my house as i couldn't see the antenna that's supposed to be about a mile from me :( i'm sure this isn't much help but as a rookie i didn't know if there's something i could be watching for aside from actually catching workers on the tower. there obviously a LOT of antennas up there so i'm not sure how to tell what is what. thanks ahead of time for your patience with my ignorance...hopefully i can be a help and not a hindrance.

I'm assuming this is at Lehi Block, it's a great picture by the way.  Sprint will be on the second catwalk looking thing from the top.  Right now, it looks like it's just the ol' legacy antennas.  But you'll know where to look in the future and have this picture to compare it to if you think something has changed.  Also, PM bosox801 and ask him if he has any information on the Lehi Block smokestack. He does...trust me. 

• Like 1

I'm assuming this is at Lehi Block, it's a great picture by the way.  Sprint will be on the second catwalk looking thing from the top.  Right now, it looks like it's just the ol' legacy antennas.  But you'll know where to look in the future and have this picture to compare it to if you think something has changed.  Also, PM bosox801 and ask him if he has any information on the Lehi Block smokestack. He does...trust me. 

thanks for the heads up!

So recently, I have noticed that my 3G has been consistently faster on my iphone. For the most part it's doing ALOT better then it was 6 months ago. Sprint is doing good! Or maybe it's just me :P

• Like 1

Hello all, Noob here..

I was on I-15 north from Urah County with my S3 looking for LTE.. Just before exit 315 Got one heck of a LTE signal, but drops off before exit 316.

On a side note, living in eagle mountain, 2 towers sit on top of a hill (mountain) near Unity Pass of which I think one is Sprint.  I have of recent seen a flood light on when I drive by close to 6am.  I wonder if they are setting up the tower.  2 towers, one is sort of skinny and taller than the other.  I will try to get pixs.

Hello all, Noob here..

I was on I-15 north from Urah County with my S3 looking for LTE.. Just before exit 315 Got one heck of a LTE signal, but drops off before exit 316.

On a side note, living in eagle mountain, 2 towers sit on top of a hill (mountain) near Unity Pass of which I think one is Sprint.  I have of recent seen a flood light on when I drive by close to 6am.  I wonder if they are setting up the tower.  2 towers, one is sort of skinny and taller than the other.  I will try to get pixs.

yes there is an active tower right where you were. i'm in west lehi, almost saratoga. keep us posted if you see anything on that tower. i've been keeping an eye on the lehi tower on pioneer and mill pond and also the AF tower east of fresh market.