Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

This area should already be mapped. Its the same tower. I was driving along the trax line mapping the day this site went live. I'll have to check for sure, but its just north temple (100 n) west of redwood road. I think there is plenty of purple there.

Site in Provo looks to be done soon. Fiber was completed last week and now a local crew as a boom lift onsite to finish up the panel work. Will update on progress and hopefully get some photos over the next few days.

Site in Provo looks to be done soon. Fiber was completed last week and now a local crew as a boom lift onsite to finish up the panel work. Will update on progress and hopefully get some photos over the next few days.

Which site?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Which site?

I cited the site name/number last night but it looks to have disappeared. The site is a stealth tree tower at the intersection of University Ave and 3700 North.

Ahh I know where that is. Its the only stealth tree site I've seen in Utah.

I'd say stealth is a pretty generous term. :-) Every time I drive down University, I see that tree tower and wonder what they were thinking.

But it's good to know that it's almost done! Maybe it's time for me to become a sponsor...

so what about TD-LTE, do you guys think one of the towers in UTAH is being set up with 2600 currently

I expect that one of the things SoftBank is going to push with its new funding in Sprint is that the WiMax network gets overlaid with TD-LTE quickly. I used TD-LTE 2600 in Denver this week. So it is likely coming to the Wasatch Front too. It's just a matter of when.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Where did you hear this word from?  I don't see any sites in progress in Ogden.

That just means no one has reported any work being done, and they don't have a permit system online, or no one has checked. There very well could be a site ready to go live. We shall find out.

In fact 80-90% of sites go live without ever being marked as in progress. 

I see this is your first post! Welcome!

Now I have to ask, did you run Sensorly!?

http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=Utah

Yep...guessing that sensorly is me. Has actually gotten better....teaching a few blocks further north now. Or maybe my phone was just having a good reception day. Regardless, shocked that they would light up cache valley before the slc. If I see 4g anywhere else, I will sensorly it.

• Like 1

Just got word sprint is firing up 4g LTE tomorrow in Ogden

Yeah I live and work in Ogden and nothing on my phone.  Obviously I could just not be by that tower but just sayin.  I got way excited when I heard that but I'm a little dissapointed now.  Since Robert or one of the others with knowledge of when LTE sight goes live hasn't said anything,  I'm pretty sure it didn't happen today.  

Hi I am new to this forum and I am a sprint rep and I agree some reps are dumb and sometimes we get false information which I have been given many times. I haven't heard anything about lte in ogden and I work in ogden so that rep most likely gave you bad information. The only thing i have been told is Lte will be in ogden in less than 90 days and who knows if that will even happen. Any info anyone has on lte in ogden would be very helpful so I can give my customers the most accurate info I can. I check this forum repeatedly throughout the day for updates. Thanks!

Hi I am new to this forum and I am a sprint rep and I agree some reps are dumb and sometimes we get false information which I have been given many times. I haven't heard anything about lte in ogden and I work in ogden so that rep most likely gave you bad information. The only thing i have been told is Lte will be in ogden in less than 90 days and who knows if that will even happen. Any info anyone has on lte in ogden would be very helpful so I can give my customers the most accurate info I can. I check this forum repeatedly throughout the day for updates. Thanks!

This is the place to be my friend.  Welcome.  Salt Lake and Logan already have a towers up and running LTE, so I'm sure Ogden will have a tower up and running sooner than 90 days.  It appears that the work is progressing rapidly along the Wasatch Front.  As far as Ogden goes, bosox found a map of the proposed backhaul timetable and if it's accurate, Ogden had the fiber installed before Salt Lake, which could means it's possible that Ogden gets coverage quicker than SLC.  Everything on this site is speculation, but with a lot of help and collaboration, some pretty accurate predictions and time tables have come to fruition.  Robert is like a LTE wizard/fortune teller.  I believe he was a total of 7 days off of his LTE in Salt Lake prediction about a month ago, which has been far more accurate than anything coming from Sprint. It's crazy. You should make a donation to get access to all of the good info, though I'm not sure what the policy would be with sharing this info with your customers would be. A lot of guys have done a ton of work to make this info available, so I'm sure they'd appreciate whatever you can kick back to them. Welcome!

Yeah it was a stupid rep now I feel like a moron but I saw them running some cable to a tower today so maybe soon

Hey man, now you know where the good info really comes from, right?  I wouldn't feel like a moron if I were you.  I can only really speak for myself, but I'd guess that 95% of us are complete noobs with this stuff just like you.  It's not your fault you were given bad intel.  

• Like 1

abbreinholt Thanks for the info. I'm excited to see lte showing up everywhere and can't wait to get it here in ogden! I usually don't get to specific with customers because I know it all is speculation. I also figured I could give more inside information even though our information tends to be less accurate and more hopeful than helpful but I'll help if I can.

AFtweek welcome to the forums! Great to have you. I would just suggest you refer to

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/#entry168319

This way there is no issues especially with being a Sprint employee. If that doesn't clarify the rules just pm one of the staff or Robert himself aka s4gru they are all very helpful. Again welcome and enjoy!