Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I live in Taylorsville and have been getting crap service for most of this last week. I hope that they are going to light up some LTE love here. 

yea that was the other place about a week ago that sucked...

maybe i am just that lucky, to need it in crappy spots <_<

• Like 1

I talked to Sprint and they told me that their techs knew about a problem with a single cell tower here and it should be fixed by Sunday Aug. 4th by 8:20 p.m. I guess I will report back and let y'all know if LTE is here.

That's what they told me in Ogden that it was a problem that would be fixed by 5:20 the next day and it still is dropping calls so don't hold your breath they also told me it was because they were turning on LTE the next day and that did not happen

I would recommend using twitter for your service issues I have had much better luck that way. Plus your not on hold forever. Second I would look at the map and check out any and all towers in the area. If LTE is going to be turned on there will be a tower with NV equipment, you can't get LTE without the proper equipment!

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

I will go to the one on 4th street and take a picture after church today and post it here how do I post pictures

I use taptalk. Its the easiest way for me. Other wise, hit the search bar for picture posting there is a thread in it around here somewhere. Also look at the Samsung thread it will help you understand what to look for. I subscribe to those so I can quickly refer to them when I have questions.

I use taptalk. Its the easiest way for me. Other wise, hit the search bar for picture posting there is a thread in it around here somewhere. Also look at the Samsung thread it will help you understand what to look for. I subscribe to those so I can quickly refer to them when I have questions.

Can you send a link to the Samsung thread

Can you send a link to the Samsung thread

My parents live off 2nd and wall.....and the tower there has stunk for quiet a while....

why cant they just tell us the truth???

"uh sir we have a back log of work orders and equipment to get to....we will get on it asap".....

yea sure your mad.....but less so then..."itll be fixed xxxxx...." then its not and your pissed....at least I am...

i need to study what to look for on this tower in layton.....because i can be 100' away and get .05 dl :angry:

lol....just had a thought....

soooo in utah its samsung equip...

i have samsung phones....

why do they get crappy signal then????

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Because that doesn't have anything to do with it.... Ericsson, Alcaltel-Lucent, Samsung, it's all pretty much the same equipment, it puts out the same signal. What type of phone you have won't affect how it works on the network (well, some phones have better radios than others, but that's not what I'm getting at).

Also, most of the sites that have been installed haven't been activated yet. Once they are, you won't have that problem as much, with any device.

P.S. The Phones/Devices section of your profile is generally for the type of phone you own..... not your phone number. Might want to change that :tu:

My parents live off 2nd and wall.....and the tower there has stunk for quiet a while....

why cant they just tell us the truth???

"uh sir we have a back log of work orders and equipment to get to....we will get on it asap".....

yea sure your mad.....but less so then..."itll be fixed xxxxx...." then its not and your pissed....at least I am...

i need to study what to look for on this tower in layton.....because i can be 100' away and get .05 dl :angry:

I am pretty sure that T-Mobile uses that water tower right near there, and they do have LTE signal on that so backhaul availabity should not be an issue.  Is Sprint using the water tower as well?

ok i will fix that  :blush:

also on the tower..its at the 4th street ball park....

and i was half joking about the equipment....just gotta have something to gripe about right :tu:

ahhh.... well then. You never know... we did have a person who was convinced their phone wasn't going to work because Samsung was being installed and they had an HTC phone... so, yeah. 

Just didn't want you getting a random call/text from some of those weird cell phone nerds! :P:lol:

well went on a little camping trip....up through logan...my son who has my old sg3....HEY WE HAVE 4G!!!!...I WAS LIKE WHO WHAT????

got my note 2 and sure enough...though my speedtest speeds only hit 3 and 4 Mbps....and sure enough on the north end of town, and drop back to .05-.07 :blink:  :td:

so the sensorly is pretty acurate there.....on a side note, i will be up there in 2 weeks right in the heart of it for a week....hope pdanet is working good....do a little tethering on LTE!!!

on the way back down through tremonton....yet again, hey we got 4g... :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

this time i hit 5 and 12 Mbps...he said he got up to like 23 :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

we lost it at that little dip in I-15 between tremonton, and honeyville...where everything drops :rofl:

so boys, it is coming in the outliers, and moving its way in :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

I don't see this on any maps to indicated 4G should be available in this area, but I had a strong 4G connection dining here yesterday (south end of bountiful).  Speed test indicated 12 megabytes down, 5 up.  This was a pleasant surprise when I had to look up something on my phone.  :)  Since wimax never made it to Bountiful, I was very pleased and surprised to have LTE coverage.