Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I don't see this on any maps to indicated 4G should be available in this area, but I had a strong 4G connection dining here yesterday (south end of bountiful).  Speed test indicated 12 megabytes down, 5 up.  This was a pleasant surprise when I had to look up something on my phone.  :)  Since wimax never made it to Bountiful, I was very pleased and surprised to have LTE coverage.

Welcome, and yeah, you've picked up the tower in NSL.  It's be live for about 2 weeks now.  It's a nice feeling, it's it. :)

• Like 1

hey sprint peeps, so today, my iphone had no service and was roaming for a while here at work (about 2500s and bangerter highway) and i always have full service here... do you guys think sprint is doing some work on the tower next the the freeway?

that could be the case...or it was just off...in utah you know how that goes....

as I stated in the other thread....

That NSL tower must be off....nothing there today when i drove by.....9:30 am.....or back at 2 PM

lol, i ask a simple and serious question, and get blasted...reminds me of the nasty look comment from the walmart guy when i asked about cases...

i seriously like the screen....and wondered where it came from...

no need to get up-ity, all it was, was a question....

if it "started" something i am sorry

• Like 1

Then yes it came from an iPhone and android also has the same app. It is very convenient app to use to see how fast your network is also depending how new your phone is android can a lot times look better with the OLED screens that samsung is bringing out.

Then yes it came from an iPhone and android also has the same app. It is very convenient app to use to see how fast your network is also depending how new your phone is android can a lot times look better with the OLED screens that samsung is bringing out.

I really wish Ookla would make the same changes for the Android app.  The Android speedtest app looks so dated and old.  Also I like the animations on the iPhone version. 

Ok back to talking about Utah market.

lol, i ask a simple and serious question, and get blasted...reminds me of the nasty look comment from the walmart guy when i asked about cases...

i seriously like the screen....and wondered where it came from...

no need to get up-ity, all it was, was a question....

if it "started" something i am sorry

I think you were just misunderstood and people hate the apple android debate (myself included).  I think that the debates happen so fast and there are too many people that hurry and get off on the debate that if people even think they catch a wiff of a debate they try and stop it.  I didn't take it that way from what you wrote.  Don't worry about it.  Its all gravy.  Keep up the great tower hunting and questions are good!  Don't let that stop you from asking questions!!  Even if it is about how a screen shot looks because you like it :)

I think you were just misunderstood and people hate the apple android debate (myself included).  I think that the debates happen so fast and there are too many people that hurry and get off on the debate that if people even think they catch a wiff of a debate they try and stop it.  I didn't take it that way from what you wrote.  Don't worry about it.  Its all gravy.  Keep up the great tower hunting and questions are good!  Don't let that stop you from asking questions!!  Even if it is about how a screen shot looks because you like it :)

+1

hey guys, 

new here but i've found some interesting info. does the coverage documented on sensorly not show up on sprint's website because they won't make it official until it's wider spread coverage?

hey guys, 

new here but i've found some interesting info. does the coverage documented on sensorly not show up on sprint's website because they won't make it official until it's wider spread coverage?

Welcome!!  That is correct.  Sprint won't show LTE coverage until they launch it in a city.  Obviously you can see we have a few towers that have went live with LTE but it has to cover a certain number of POP's before they will launch LTE in an area and it will show on their website.  If you want to have some insider info on what towers are being worked on and where all the sprint towers are ect. then become a sponsor!  Trust me you won't regret it!  Again welcome! 

Here is a link to answer any questions about being a sponsor and how to become a sponsor.http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/?hl=%20sponsor%20%20info

• Like 1

Welcome!!  That is correct.  Sprint won't show LTE coverage until they launch it in a city.  Obviously you can see we have a few towers that have went live with LTE but it has to cover a certain number of POP's before they will launch LTE in an area and it will show on their website.  If you want to have some insider info on what towers are being worked on and where all the sprint towers are ect. then become a sponsor!  Trust me you won't regret it!  Again welcome! 

Here is a link to answer any questions about being a sponsor and how to become a sponsor.http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/?hl=%20sponsor%20%20info

where do i go to find what towers are being updated?

This will show you towers that are complete and in progress. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

The in progress ones are there because of sponsors like us that go to the sites and look for any indications of work being done such as backhaul being put in, boom lifts, people on the tower, utility trucks at the tower ect.  this link is of all the towers in the Utah market. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/600-network-vision-site-map-colorado-utah-and-idaho-markets/

Something I would suggest is going and subscribe or "follow" "NV Utah Progress Map" and also this thread and the utah, colorado, idaho thread.  the place to find most stuff is click on forum at the top and then go scroll through that stuff.  The information for just sponsors is down at the bottom under "S4GRU Club" and one place you will find the links I posted is under interactive maps.  Thats a good one to go to.  Again remember to click "follow this topic" so then you will get automatic updates when someone posts things.

• Like 1

My phone is no longer an LTE/NV virgin!!!!  I know its sad, but my phone has never connected to a upgraded tower whether it be just a 3g upgrade or LTE.  But driving to the airport this morning obviously I was looking forward to getting some LTE on my phone from the 2 towers that are live in salt lake.  I broke in the phone naturally with some speed tests.   I just wanted to share because it made me happy :) My little phone is growing up so fast it brings tears to my eyes.  :cry:

• Like 5