Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Sorry, I'm pretty new to all of this, I'm in the "Field Test" menu, what screen do you need to see?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page__view__findpost__p__90231

the link can also be found in bosox801's signature.

Sorry, I'm pretty new to all of this, I'm in the "Field Test" menu, what screen do you need to see?

Open the dialer and dial *3001#12345#*

Select LTE and/or Serving Cell Info

Physical Cell ID and Cell Identity are both values pertaining to the site ID. Post both.

IPHONE_LTE_ENG.png

The sheet editors will then convert this cell identity from decimal to HEX format to compare/confirm sites on the sheet.

86 is a new one maybe they are testing another site :-)

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Are you keeping tracking the GCI's (cell identities from iPhones and HTC devices)? Once you have a few you can figure out the pattern and know exactly which site they are "testing".

For instance the one post above is AE02202.  Drop the last two as that is the 2nd sector.

I am tracking them as we get them how ever we only have it for one site as of now. I haven't had a chance to convert the one from the above site yet.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

LTE in west valley... im gonna check this out when im off work since i drive down that way. ill take some engineering screen shots too unless someone beats me to it.

FYI on those confirming sites. In our market we prefer people to get a -80ish or better LTE signal, it just makes sure the site is the one you are at.

So what does it mean that in West Valley I'm getting a -118? Am I just getting a faint signal from the 2100 S tower?

Maybe, but as bosox reported, that Cell ID you reported (86) is not one that I saw at the 2100 S tower, and I pulled all three.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The Engineering screen shows the LTE I'm connected to at my apartment in Provo near 700 North 700 West. I also attached a screenshot of the jailbreak app called Signal 2 showing me that I was connected to the tower I always connect to at my apartment and not Spanish Fork like someone suggested. But I need a pro to tell me for sure. If I really am connecting in Provo could they be testing here and just not sending out full signal power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted ImagePosted Image

The Engineering screen shows the LTE I'm connected to at my apartment in Provo near 700 North 700 West. I also attached a screenshot of the jailbreak app called Signal 2 showing me that I was connected to the tower I always connect to at my apartment and not Spanish Fork like someone suggested. But I need a pro to tell me for sure. If I really am connecting in Provo could they be testing here and just not sending out full signal power?

That app does not show your LTE connection. If shows the 1x connection and that's only if the site is sending put the right coordinates. I never trust though apps at all.

Thanks digiblur. I didn't know that. So would the speedtest app by ookla be the same way if I did a speedtest while on LTE and then look at the coordinates? Would that be showing me the LTE tower I was connected to while doing the test if it was sending out the correct coordinates?

Thanks digiblur. I didn't know that. So would the speedtest app by ookla be the same way if I did a speedtest while on LTE and then look at the coordinates? Would that be showing me the LTE tower I was connected to while doing the test if it was sending out the correct coordinates?

No that's your location.

LTE sites do not send out their location, just like EVDO doesn't. Only way is to track them down and get that -70 signal or so and put it on a spreadsheet and map.

No that's your location.

LTE sites do not send out their location, just like EVDO doesn't. Only way is to track them down and get that -70 signal or so and put it on a spreadsheet and map.

Ok thanks! So is that cell ID the one for Spanish fork then that I'm picking up?

Ok thanks! So is that cell ID the one for Spanish fork then that I'm picking up?

They are tracking the sites on a spreadsheet. If it isn't listed then you will need to find it.