Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Well South Weber/South Ogden doesn't have service today so I was thinking maybe NV upgrades?  I drove to the south weber tower and saw cables that they pulled coming out of the tower and just sitting there.  All cabinets and equipment is still legacy though.  Maybe they are pulling some fiber?  I didn't see any orange spray paint or anything though but maybe fiber is already pulled to this site just not connected.  I know t mobile shares this tower as well.  I also drove by the south ogden site but this one has a barbed wire fence around it and is on a hill so I couldn't get up close and personal and really look so see what was going on because I wasn't getting service from that site either but the panels I could see and those are still legacy panels.  I took some pics of the south weber site but like I said everything is still legacy equipment so I didn't post them and theres not much to tell with the cables coming out of the tower.  I'm leaving out of town again this week so if someone wants to keep an eye on those sites that would be great.  Especially the one in south weber.

• Like 1

On my way to work today around 5300 South on 1-15 traveling Northbound, I picked up LTE for a bit!! I dunno if there is a tower live there yet, but I will swing by that way on my way home later today and see if the tower is still broadcasting!

I just drove that route this morning and didn't see anything...

I wasn't paying attention but I looked down at the phone around West Temple/2100 South and had full bars LTE. I ran sensorly and lte fizzled out around 3200 west 2100 south

I'm pretty sure site the tower  is live.  I was getting 4G on the Trax this AM on my way to work.  I mapped a bit on sensorly when I noticed it, and it looks like somebody else did too while driving past on 2100 S freeway then i-80. 

screenshot here.  sorry it's zoomed in so close, when I zoom out it doesn't show the purple.  The purple on the trax line is me from this morning.

*edit: sorry mods, forgot this isn't a donor thread and posted the site ID.

Bp2O2y6.png

I just drove that route this morning and didn't see anything...

What time did you pass the area? I passed it around 7:50a-7:55a. I had already lost it and gone back to 3G by the time I hit the 4500 South exit, but I saw the LTE on my phone right as I was crossing the bridge over 5300.

As I was in Jiffy Lube on Foothill in SLC this morning waiting for a tire change 4G suddenly appeared on my phone. I took a quick screen shot but before I could run a speed test or turn on Sensorly it switched back to 3G. They're apparently testing a cell site on Foothill.

post-6940-13770193272138_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Edited by First Tracks

Now we need some lte engineering screen shots

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

I am a total noob, but I should have some free time Wednesday/Thursday to go around the area taking some pictures of the towers now I know where they are. I'll do what I can to post them and whatnot and I will let all you smart people pick the images apart!

Now we need some lte engineering screen shots

bosox, just curious bro, but are screenshots helpful in terrms of tower strength, range or what exactly if you dont mind me asking?

Not really that's why I ask for the lte engineering screen shot. Its is the one that gives us the most useful info.

Well it gives us the sector 3 per site so then when new sites pop up we can tell which site we are actually connected to.