Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Either you guys have a Galaxy Nexus mapping in Logan or there are some more sites active that aren't accepted yet.  Like 3 sites it seems.

Yeah sensorly has shown that shortly after the first site was accepted. I was wondering the same thing. If work wasnt so busy I take a trip up that way and do some testing. Its about a 2 hour drive from my house and work is crazy busy.

Either you guys have a Galaxy Nexus mapping in Logan or there are some more sites active that aren't accepted yet.  Like 3 sites it seems.

Jakob_27 from the Utah/Colorado page said he was mapping in logan, and he has galaxy nexus listed as his device...I guess that 7 mile radius makes a little more sense now. 

Jakob_27 from the Utah/Colorado page said he was mapping in logan, and he has galaxy nexus listed as his device...I guess that 7 mile radius makes a little more sense now.

Yep that's the trails of the Nexus. Marks tons of dark purple where there is barely a signal. I hate that phone.

• Like 1

There's a purple spot on sensorly at 1100 e 500 s in SLC, close to the University. Anyone want to claim that? I've run mapping around the campus when I'm at school, but that's not the route I take.

is guess it was a nexus device until we get more purple in that area?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Last few days I have been dropping calls at my home on 2nd street and Washington yesterday data dropped completely and switched from ehrpd to ev-do now its back to ehrpd and data working fine any clue as to why

Last few days I have been dropping calls at my home on 2nd street and Washington yesterday data dropped completely and switched from ehrpd to ev-do now its back to ehrpd and data working fine any clue as to why

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/600-network-vision-site-map-colorado-utah-and-idaho-markets/?p=177249

Checked out quite a few spots around Provo/Orem/AF today. The boom lift hasn't moved at all from the Provo site on University Ave by Will's Pit Stop. Wondering if they've completed the fiber and moved on to complete a cluster before they do panel work. I also stopped by the site in Orem on 800 North by Cascade golf course. A Syringa truck was there and a worker wiring a cabinet, no panel work yet. I also stopped by the site by East Lawn cemetery in Provo. It's on a hill and pretty remote so I won't be surprised at all if they use microwave to that site.

I also ran by a few sites in AF with my buddy who works at the ISP there. They've made some good progress there and have a deadline in about two months to complete the fiber runs.

Really hoping to see some panels up in the next two weeks before I move to Spokane--which seems to have about the same degree of progress.

• Like 1

Checked out quite a few spots around Provo/Orem/AF today. The boom lift hasn't moved at all from the Provo site on University Ave by Will's Pit Stop. Wondering if they've completed the fiber and moved on to complete a cluster before they do panel work. I also stopped by the site in Orem on 800 North by Cascade golf course. A Syringa truck was there and a worker wiring a cabinet, no panel work yet. I also stopped by the site by East Lawn cemetery in Provo. It's on a hill and pretty remote so I won't be surprised at all if they use microwave to that site.

I also ran by a few sites in AF with my buddy who works at the ISP there. They've made some good progress there and have a deadline in about two months to complete the fiber runs.

Really hoping to see some panels up in the next two weeks before I move to Spokane--which seems to have about the same degree of progress.

Nice i check those ones every few weeks. I saw some conduit and elec boxes ready for fiber a month ago by that golf course site. Two weeks is optimistic to see LTE down there but its possible. I havent looked at Spokanes progress but I didnt see any purple there on sensorly tonight we have a little atleast. I lived up there for about four years. very pretty up there!

I was talking to a TECH installing our back up internet which is satellite and noticed he had a Clear logo on his companies shirt. So I asked him if he knew anything about a roll out of clear 2500/2600mhz  LTE here. He said they have installed some here and are in the early stages of testing. He said the longest they haze been able to keep it up is 13hrs due to interference. He also mentioned that their goal is to get 90 mpbs with a very low latency on the backbone, not sure what that means exactly? Not sure if he really knows what he is talking about either? Just thought I would share. 

I was talking to a TECH installing our back up internet which is satellite and noticed he had a Clear logo on his companies shirt. So I asked him if he knew anything about a roll out of clear 2500/2600mhz LTE here. He said they have installed some here and are in the early stages of testing. He said the longest they haze been able to keep it up is 13hrs due to interference. He also mentioned that their goal is to get 90 mpbs with a very low latency on the backbone, not sure what that means exactly? Not sure if he really knows what he is talking about either? Just thought I would share.

Interference from what?

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Interference from what?

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I have no idea?This stuff is all pretty over my head Im still a nerd in training ;) and he wasnt the chatty type. And again Im not sure how much "in the know" he actually is? 

Ya sorry guys, its probably my phone, but it's all I got. I tested the speeds when connected right by campus on 4th north in Logan though and they were solid, nearly as fast as they are right next to the tower in hyrum

Could you get some lte engineering screen shots? It would be very useful in tracking each tower and its sectors.

Tremonton? Really?? There are 3 towers in the southern part of Ogden here that are easily accessible and nothing is going!! What gives? :)

Well it could be a number of things, permiting, backhual, crew availability and on and on. Accessibility has little to do with it if anything. Work is happening here trust me, maybe not at those three sites yet though? What sites are they I can check and see if I have any info on them?

Well it could be a number of things, permiting, backhual, crew availability and on and on. Accessibility has little to do with it if anything. Work is happening here trust me, maybe not at those three sites yet though? What sites are they I can check and see if I have any info on them?

Thanks bosox801!  I'm new to this if you couldn't tell.   :)  

Edited by lilotimz
-.-