Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

So then why is my note 2 not picking these things up, as I drive around???

it is set to cdm/lte...

and pluease tell me the horrible speeds in the last little while, are because towers are coming and going with the new stuff???

because they are plain slow....and i drive all over the place..

or is it my phone???

and if i knew how i could map Logan, as I am going up there in about 2 weeks for work and will be driving all over...

ohhhh and hello....

as this is my 1st post.....

So then why is my note 2 not picking these things up, as I drive around???

it is set to cdm/lte...

and pluease tell me the horrible speeds in the last little while, are because towers are coming and going with the new stuff???

because they are plain slow....and i drive all over the place..

or is it my phone???

and if i knew how i could map Logan, as I am going up there in about 2 weeks for work and will be driving all over...

ohhhh and hello....

as this is my 1st post.....

Picking what up?  The only place in Salt Lake metro that you will pick up 4G is by the airport right now.  If you want to map, download the sensorly app from the market.  You will see a tab at the bottom that says map trip.  Start mapping at your convenience, or set it up to map at random (passive mode).  I have mine to active mode, so it will only map when I start a "map trip".  Also, check out sensorly's website, you'll be able to see Sprint 4G in the locations where the lot of us have mapped out the live towers. Welcome, BTW. You're a sponsor, so you can check out all of the maps with accurate site locations to calm your curiosity. 

I don't see why it would wake your screen. Lte isn't roaming. Check out the sensorly app. If you are in the area with purple sprint 4g and your phone isn't getting a 4g signal, then I'd suspect something with your phone. The fact of the matter is that these towers have a 2 or 3 mile range, and there is only one live from Ogden to Provo. there is next to no 4g coverage yet. There is another app called signal check pro, it will chime when you get a 4g signal.

North Salt Lake LTE is live.  I just looked down at my phone and it has 4G service.  Here is a screen shot:

DQWVL3c.jpg

I'll turn on sensorly for the drive home and see if I can find the other serving cells.

Here's a speed test:

ZSLaB4f.jpg

• Like 1

soooo here is a 3g question.....

why if i am at the wendys on 12th and washington...do i have no data????  nada....nor did my son who has my old sg3...

really 12th and washington, and i cant get speedtest to hit....maps to update...NOTHING!!!!!

Like i said...I am sticking with them,,,,,,but ohhhhh when you cant get nav to work because no data in the middle of the city....

ITS A LITTLE ANNOYING!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

• Like 1

Could be a lot of things? I've read that when they get really busy with nv in an area things are prone to go haywire for a bit. Just bare with it. It will be worth it.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Oh yeah lol! That works too! Good luck up north and don't forget screen shots!

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Yeah, that would be a bitch...drive all the way up there and forget to take screen shots...Lotto tickets anyone?  I'm going to have to talk to Robert to get me on as an employee so I can write this trip off on my taxes. Health benefits? *sarcasm 

soooo here is a 3g question.....

why if i am at the wendys on 12th and washington...do i have no data???? nada....nor did my son who has my old sg3...

really 12th and washington, and i cant get speedtest to hit....maps to update...NOTHING!!!!!

Like i said...I am sticking with them,,,,,,but ohhhhh when you cant get nav to work because no data in the middle of the city....

ITS A LITTLE ANNOYING!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I live on second street and washington and the last week my service has been really spotty as well