Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

So am sitting in a motel room in Logan....my phone says its all nice and pretty lte...

but when i try to uh hum.....tether it seems laggy...and cant get speedtest to even pop up, to see how it would run on that type of use....

any ideas???

Well it gives us the sector 3 per site so then when new sites pop up we can tell which site we are actually connected to.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

thanks. sorry just curious lol

So am sitting in a motel room in Logan....my phone says its all nice and pretty lte...

but when i try to uh hum.....tether it seems laggy...and cant get speedtest to even pop up, to see how it would run on that type of use....

any ideas???

maybe just testing? not sure..

I've checked the location where the tower is in Eagle Mountain and I see it as an EvDo-Rev A.

I thought if the tower is to be updated, it would have something listed as eHRPD listed?

But I drive by too early for a photo.. I will try again tonite to get pic

I've checked the location where the tower is in Eagle Mountain and I see it as an EvDo-Rev A.

I thought if the tower is to be updated, it would have something listed as eHRPD listed?

But I drive by too early for a photo.. I will try again tonite to get pic

which one are you referring to? They added a tower to the site on top if the hill but I haven't seen it Finished so I'm not sure who they put one that one. Its typical to see your data go back in forth during nv even if work on that tower hasn't started yet.

which one are you referring to? They added a tower to the site on top if the hill but I haven't seen it Finished so I'm not sure who they put one that one. Its typical to see your data go back in forth during nv even if work on that tower hasn't started yet.

Going from CC to Ranches, the one on the left.. the taller less populated..  Every morning I see a flood light on..

Yes that is the site in which they added a tower. I haven't checked it about a month. They where still building the new tower at that time and no sign of nv.

Last night and this morning in Provo I was getting a very weak LTE signal in a very specific spot in my apartment. However, i was not able to get a signal when i walked out of my apt to head to work this morning. I am pretty sure i know what tower is broadcasting the LTE but since i wasn't able to connect when i left i don't know for sure. I will try and figure out for sure when i go home this afternoon. I am using an iPhone 5 jailbroken and use an app called Signal 2 to map towers since i can't use sensorly. Anyone else in provo near 7th E and 7th N who has seen LTE also?

Last night and this morning in Provo I was getting a very weak LTE signal in a very specific spot in my apartment. However, i was not able to get a signal when i walked out of my apt to head to work this morning. I am pretty sure i know what tower is broadcasting the LTE but since i wasn't able to connect when i left i don't know for sure. I will try and figure out for sure when i go home this afternoon. I am using an iPhone 5 jailbroken and use an app called Signal 2 to map towers since i can't use sensorly. Anyone else in provo near 7th E and 7th N who has seen LTE also?

It may have come from the new Spanish Fork site that was accepted yesterday. If your apartment is above the ground level, that makes sense why you couldn't get it outside on the ground.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

It may have come from the new Spanish Fork site that was accepted yesterday. If your apartment is above the ground level, that makes sense why you couldn't get it outside on the ground.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

That makes sense. I do live on the third floor. But i also work off of center st in Orem smack in the middle of I-15 and Geneva Rd. and i haven't gotten any LTE here. but again, that of course could be my elevation to the road. i will let you guys know if i get anything else and have a better update for you all. So maybe after work i will drive around Orem area and see what i get. Maybe when i am on I-15 i will get something or maybe only if i were to drive north. we will see. Thanks Robert!!

EDIT: I mean if i am on I-15 going south. I guess i probably wouldn't get LTE in orem it is is from the Spanish Fork tower. My geography was off. haha.

Edited by trevlegit
  • Like 1

That makes sense. I do live on the third floor. But i also work off of center st in Orem smack in the middle of I-15 and Geneva Rd. and i haven't gotten any LTE here. but again, that of course could be my elevation to the road. i will let you guys know if i get anything else and have a better update for you all. So maybe after work i will drive around Orem area and see what i get. Maybe when i am on I-15 i will get something or maybe only if i were to drive north. we will see. Thanks Robert!!

If you get something in Orem, definitely let us know! I guess any LTE is something we should know all know about, but Orem is especially important. ;)

If there is anything is the Orem/Provo area, I can go map it and get screenshots and such.

Edited by mew1033

If you get something in Orem, definitely let us know! I guess any LTE is something we should know all know about, but Orem is especially important. ;)

If there is anything is the Orem/Provo area, I can go map it and get screenshots and such.

Definitely will do mew1033! I agree that Orem is very important. I work in Orem and I attend UVU studying Computer Forensics. So i spend most of my time here. I just want LTE so bad when I am anywhere in Orem/Provo!

• Like 1

Driving home work my work today i got 4G back behind the VA medical center off sunnyside dr until just before 13th south. I drove back around to map it more and followed foothills toward 215 and it dropped off just after 1300 East. Also i got 4G on 201 headed towards WVC until i got to the 215 turn off then it died.. i didnt get  a change to map it, but i did get all of my drive on foothills..

trevlegit if you could get the lte enginering screen shots of the sector ids that would be great! Oh and post the screen shots!

trevlegit if you could get the lte enginering screen shots of the sector ids that would be great! Oh and post the screen shots!

I will do my best! It is hard to get the right spot and each time i tried doing a speedtest or anything else i would lose LTE pretty quick. But i am sure i can make it happen.

Look at your lte engineering screen and post screen shot we can tell what tower you are connecting to by the info in it and see if its a new or existing lte site

I will do my best! It is hard to get the right spot and each time i tried doing a speedtest or anything else i would lose LTE pretty quick. But i am sure i can make it happen.

i've got an iphone too and it sounds like you're much more comfortable with yours than i am with mine. do you know how to get to the engineering screen? i haven't figured it out yet.

i've got an iphone too and it sounds like you're much more comfortable with yours than i am with mine. do you know how to get to the engineering screen? i haven't figured it out yet.

Bosco, Open the dialer and dial *3001#12345#*   (make sure to include both * and then press Call)

Select LTE and/or Serving Cell Info

Physical Cell ID and Cell Identity are both values pertaining to the site ID.

• Like 1