Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

bosox801,

I drove by the Mountain in EM by Unity pass about 9pm and saw red lights of a vehicle of some type, for the backup lights came on as well..  Flood light was also on..  Not sure if anyone stayed for lightning and rain.  I returned about 9:30 and just flood light.

The lights of the vehicle could of been off.. who know..  But it shows there is life in the hills!

How accurate is the sprint tower upgrade map? In Logan for example, the two 'data speed upgrade' towers are in the south end of the valley where LTE seems to be active occasionally. I hope that isn't all that's planned for the next year.

Also, it should be a trade off. I'll provide some pictures of the progress in exchange for access to the info. ;)

How accurate is the sprint tower upgrade map? In Logan for example, the two 'data speed upgrade' towers are in the south end of the valley where LTE seems to be active occasionally. I hope that isn't all that's planned for the next year.

Also, it should be a trade off. I'll provide some pictures of the progress in exchange for access to the info. ;)

Our maps in the Sponsor section are comprehensive and accurate. The maps at network.sprint.com only show Sprint sites that have received some sort of upgrade in the previous six months. Whether it be a legacy upgrade or an NV upgrade. So their maps omit tens of thousands of sites.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I know your reply was a bit of tongue in cheek, but it really can't work that way.  S4GRU pays for hosting and provides information that has taken an incalculable amount of voluntary man hours to compile.  This information comes from S4GRU and sponsors who have paid their dues, some more than others.  The hour or two that it would take for you to snap photos of every Sprint site in Logan and post them online is negligible compared to the work that has already been done. I'm not saying it wouldn't be appreciated, but many of us have already helped fund hosting and driven to sites well outside of our residential and occupational territories.  You'll be amazed at the details provided in the sponsors sections, totally worth coughing up a few bucks. 

• Like 2

I can promise you if you contribute a couple of dollars. You will not be disappointed.

• Like 2

Alrighty then, I'm starting my vacation driving south on I-15 from American Fork to Kanab.  Will break off to 89 at 20 off I-15.  I think I will turn on Sensorly and let it grab info as I drive.

Then I will report it from my Laptop... So at that point I could need help.

• Like 1

Alrighty then, I'm starting my vacation driving south on I-15 from American Fork to Kanab.  Will break off to 89 at 20 off I-15.  I think I will turn on Sensorly and let it grab info as I drive.

Then I will report it from my Laptop... So at that point I could need help.

Safe driving! If you can, see if you can get an engineering screenshot in Spanish Fork. It sounds like you're headed to Kanab or Phoenix...I have to warn you, it's still hot down there. :)

I live in Spanish Fork, I lose the LTE service a couple hundred yards from my house! Oh well, I hope more sites are on the way!  I will get a couple of Engineering screenshots tomorrow and post them. Hope they will help out in some way.

• Like 1

I live in Spanish Fork, I lose the LTE service a couple hundred yards from my house! Oh well, I hope more sites are on the way!  I will get a couple of Engineering screenshots tomorrow and post them. Hope they will help out in some way.

Well, engineering shots from your phone won't really help because I already have shots from an EVO LTE.  EVOS give hex id's to help identify sites.  Galaxy and other phones give out different serving cell # to identify each site.  They both identify the same thing, but give a different set of numbers. If you are itchin', familiarize yourself with Samsung antennas here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3906-how-to-spot-sprint-antennas-and-rrus-samsung-style/?p=146816 and check out the sites in your area.  You can find a map of the sites by following the links here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3353-utah-nv-progress-map/

I see it's your first post.  Welcome to the hunt.

I drove through Spanish Fork last night and ran a few speed tests. I got 15 down and almost 6 up standing in front of Macey's. I was able to get an LTE signal all the way up between the Springville exits. I did get 9 down further east off Highway 6.

Made sure to run Sensorly as I drove through town.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

post-15396-13774464495609_thumb.jpg

Through Spanish Fork I had 38 points..  By I had to use the phone..  Does sensorly store trips..

It should keep mapping in the background if you get a call.  I believe it sends the points to the sensorly host/server as you gather the information.  But that is basically what Sensorly is, it stores the information gathered on trips and puts them on a nice looking map for everyone to see.

when is southern Utah namely cedar city and st. George slated to have the rollouts start because service in cedar sucks

Utah rollout is under way, no specific geographic or metro area seems to be prioritized at this point.  There are sites live in SLC, Logan, Tremonton, and Spanish Fork.  There is no way of telling when the roll outs are starting in a specific area with out driving to sites and looking for work being performed.  Consider making a donation so you can see the sponsored information which is much more detailed and could very well answer your questions a more thoroughly and specifically.  

Lol I agree. I do miss WiMAX sometimes. But fr what everyone says here, the wait for LTE with be worth it.

So when I first got sprint towards the first of the year I got a Galaxy S2 for the sole purpose of WiMAX.  I guess in salt lake its better but here in Ogden it was not useable in my experience.  I could never get a signal and then when I did it was extremely temperamental and it was not useable so I ditched the S2 after about 2 months and now happily sit and wait for LTE with an LTE device.  I have heard WiMAX was great in other areas but I was only able to get a signal and use it once and of course right as you walk into a building or behind a tree you lose the signal for WiMAX.  All of my experiences with LTE have been A LOT better and the signal holds on better (because its a lower frequency) so yes LTE is definitely worth the wait and will be an overall better experience.  Plus there will be the upgrade to LTE-A which sprint will be able to deploy more quickly once devices come out that support it.

is there a difference in either the range or penetrating qualities of lte vs 3g? just wondering about when the towers are done if the quality of the signal will improve...

i beleive 800SMR will help with that.? someone correct me if im worng, but i think that after NV is done. service/coverage/ overall quality will be ten time better then what we have now.

When NV is done the quality of the signal of 3g/voice will improve on the 1900 spectrum.  And yes with NV we will see significant improvement with 800 frequency on both voice and LTE.  With that said LTE signal is more fragile than a 3g signal.  So yes the 800 frequency of LTE will help to overcome that issue a bit for building penetration but still the LTE signal is more fragile.  So far i've experienced no issue when I'm in a building with LTE on the 1900 frequency.  So you could see no difference from your previous 3g signal but then again you may.  Obviously there are many factors into the quality of your signal such as downtilt and buildings ect.  So in short LTE signal is more fragile but you may not notice a difference.  Hope that answers your question.