Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

digiblur, you mentioned a spreadsheet you used to keep track of new LTE sites and serving cell ids as they came online? Should we make something like that for Utah? Maybe a google doc or something so we can all add to it?

What would be tracking?

Thanks for the info and help! I'm excited for LTE in Utah county!

I've been thinking about doing it. Work is just super busy. I even made a list of most of the sites in Utah just need to do the address next and there is a lot!

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Hello, been lurking for a week, but after the off and on roaming I did today I called Sprint. The guy looked in my area (Ogden) and said they were starting work on Vision. Normally I would take this with a grain of salt, but considering normally strong areas have gone roaming today, I think they are doing something at least. Downloaded the app to start checking.

Hello, been lurking for a week, but after the off and on roaming I did today I called Sprint. The guy looked in my area (Ogden) and said they were starting work on Vision. Normally I would take this with a grain of salt, but considering normally strong areas have gone roaming today, I think they are doing something at least. Downloaded the app to start checking.

It could be NV improvements and it could not be.  Just depends where in ogden.  I know there is some towers getting close to starting in ogden but your issue doesn't mean NV upgrades necessarily.  Definitely take what sprint reps have to say with a grain of salt.  I know a few weeks ago at my house I was constantly roaming and would keep dropping calls even outside of my house (which never happens) and I had all around poor service.  I called in and nothing was going on but the problem resolved itself within about a week and its back to normal.  Also there is a site I drive by several times a day and there has been no work at all started on it.  For about two weeks while I was at a park right by the site my phone consistently went from roaming to sprint to roaming to sprint to roaming to sprint...well you get the picture...it was actually entertaining to watch.  And my signal kept jumping all over the place to full bars with sprint to 1-2 bars then to roaming but I know for a fact no NV has even begun on the site.  It just freaked out for 1-2 weeks and now its normal again when I'm by that tower.  So do take what the reps have to say with a grain of salt.  Something funky could just be going on with the tower.  I know they are very close to starting with a few towers in ogden though so it could be NV but...well...don't get your hopes up.

It could be NV improvements and it could not be.  Just depends where in ogden.  I know there is some towers getting close to starting in ogden but your issue doesn't mean NV upgrades necessarily.  Definitely take what sprint reps have to say with a grain of salt.  I know a few weeks ago at my house I was constantly roaming and would keep dropping calls even outside of my house (which never happens) and I had all around poor service.  I called in and nothing was going on but the problem resolved itself within about a week and its back to normal.  Also there is a site I drive by several times a day and there has been no work at all started on it.  For about two weeks while I was at a park right by the site my phone consistently went from roaming to sprint to roaming to sprint to roaming to sprint...well you get the picture...it was actually entertaining to watch.  And my signal kept jumping all over the place to full bars with sprint to 1-2 bars then to roaming but I know for a fact no NV has even begun on the site.  It just freaked out for 1-2 weeks and now its normal again when I'm by that tower.  So do take what the reps have to say with a grain of salt.  Something funky could just be going on with the tower.  I know they are very close to starting with a few towers in ogden though so it could be NV but...well...don't get your hopes up.

Im not yet, but was shocked to see Logan get some love before us. Since I am relatively new here, where do I find the tower locations so I can keep an eye out?

Im not yet, but was shocked to see Logan get some love before us. Since I am relatively new here, where do I find the tower locations so I can keep an eye out?

The best way is to become a sponsor. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/  This will provide you with all site locations as well as site ID numbers and other privileged information.  Once you become a sponsor I'd be glad to share with you some of the sites I've found around Ogden due to information Robert provided me that are either rooftop sites or stealth sites and you could then help us out by keeping an eye in some parts of ogden that I'm sure I don't get to very often.  It will be helpful to have another eye in the Ogden area.  I'm glad we have people around salt lake because I don't get down there much either.  Its sad but my poor iPhone 5 has never connected to an upgraded tower.  Although It will tomorrow when I travel to salt lake :) Looking forward to the LTE for half a mile on I-15 oh yeah!!

Took Trax to the airport and received only the 4g signal between 1700 West to approximately 1/2 mile from airport.

Tested the speeds... nothing earth shattering on my Galaxy Nexus. Approximately 2.6 - 3.2 mbps.

All the best,

Took Trax to the airport and received only the 4g signal between 1700 West to approximately 1/2 mile from airport.

Tested the speeds... nothing earth shattering on my Galaxy Nexus. Approximately 2.6 - 3.2 mbps.

All the best,

No matter what you do, do not run sensory. You'll pollute the sensory map with strong signals in areas that are weak.

Sent from my SPH-D710

No matter what you do, do not run sensory. You'll pollute the sensory map with strong signals in areas that are weak.

Sent from my SPH-D710

I'm confused?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Sent from my SPH-D710

What? Uh, Sensorly gets it data only from people using the Sensorly app. So how can you pollute the Sensorly user data map by inputting user data?

What? Uh, Sensorly gets it data only from people using the Sensorly app. So how can you pollute the Sensorly user data map by inputting user data?

Because he has a Galaxy Nexus. That phone is notorious for the radio falling on its face and puts dark purple all over the map when there is no LTE signal. You will be chasing your tails all day long looking for nothing.

No one with a Galaxy Nexus should use Sensorly. The GN pollutes data to Sensorly. It often locks up the signal strength and it will show dark purple all over the place. Even in areas with little to no signal. GN users should not map on Sensorly. Let the rest of us do it so the results will be accurate.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta