Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I had an lte signal until the 201 on 215 but it doesn't show that on sensorly? Question for digiblur so in layman's terms is a sector is the panel/antenna you are connected to?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

I had an lte signal until the 201 on 215 but it doesn't show that on sensorly? Question for digiblur so in layman's terms is a sector is the panel/antenna you are connected to?

The sector is made up by the RRU and antenna.

If you were mapping and your points uploaded then give it time as the cache is probably getting you again. You guys are spoiled as before the upgrade it would take Sensorly hours before it was processed. Then sometimes it would get behind in days.

Just remember... Those three sector IDs will be your friend.

It looked to me ...and I'll go back tomorrow with the Nikon to verify like there were at least 5 antennae of the nv variety so would there be 5 sector ids?

Ok, I went out and tried to find some more cells.  I think I found two more.  I believe that I found the tower, sorry for the crappy camera phone.  It was getting dark and couldn't be 100% certain this was a sprint tower, so I hope that someone might be able to verify it.  Also, here is my engineering screen.  I picked up  900 and 902...I think.   :)

VnVG4rK.jpg5l2lb0jl.png5zXuAJkl.png

Ok, I went out and tried to find some more cells. I think I found two more. I believe that I found the tower, sorry for the crappy camera phone. It was getting dark and couldn't be 100% certain this was a sprint tower, so I hope that someone might be able to verify it. Also, here is my engineering screen. I picked up 900 and 902...I think. :)

What you found are the hex ids. There is one assigned to each site, with three sectors. ######01, ######02, ######03. These are different than the serving cell ids on galaxy devices.

Sent from my HTC ONE

What you found are the hex ids. There is one assigned to each site, with three sectors. ######01, ######02, ######03. These are different than the serving cell ids on galaxy devices.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Is there a way to know which they match up to on the Galaxy without having 2 different phones side by side?

Is there a way to know which they match up to on the Galaxy without having 2 different phones side by side?

Not without keeping a spreadsheet.

There is a way to determine hex ids advanced with some work.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Not without keeping a spreadsheet.

There is a way to determine hex ids advanced with some work.

Sent from my HTC ONE

spreadsheet, like logging the address with hex id and comparing them w/ the galaxy sellouts? No offense, buy how can you all abandon the EVOs so readily. tisk tisk. One word.  Kickstand. 

It looked to me ...and I'll go back tomorrow with the Nikon to verify like there were at least 5 antennae of the nv variety so would there be 5 sector ids?

I can bet you don't have 5 LTE sectors on one site. That would be super unique. I bet you would be hard pressed to find a 4 one in the US on Sprint.

spreadsheet, like logging the address with hex id and comparing them w/ the galaxy sellouts? No offense, buy how can you all abandon the EVOs so readily. tisk tisk. One word. Kickstand.

It was easy to abandon. I needed a phone that worked and stopped roaming all the time and actually attached to LTE where the other phones would work fine.

Only the Iphone5 at this point shows both types of serving cell IDs. I prefer the 3 digit ones as they easier to remember plus it makes it fun to hunt since I know all the hex IDs for the market already. Kinda like playing hide and seek but knowing where everyone is all the time.. That's no fun.

Well I'm pretty new to this so I'd assume you are correct. So if there were more than 3 antennae would there be more than three sector IDs, that should have been my question.

I'm no were near your knowledge level with this stuff. I'm just glad there are so many nice people on here to educate us wanna be nerds!

spreadsheet, like logging the address with hex id and comparing them w/ the galaxy sellouts? No offense, buy how can you all abandon the EVOs so readily. tisk tisk. One word.  Kickstand. 

Abandon EVO? I still have two EVOs, plus my HTC ONE. I didn't abandon them....

I prefer the hex IDS because you need to find one sector to identify the site. 

There is a way to determine the hex IDs using the site IDs. Digi knows the formula, he's the one who figured it out. 

you guys see my profile picture of the minions?  Yeah with you guys talking about the hex id's and cell id stuff my face looks like the one on the right.  Thats generally how I feel hence the picture :) 

Well I'm pretty new to this so I'd assume you are correct. So if there were more than 3 antennae would there be more than three sector IDs, that should have been my question.

I'm no were near your knowledge level with this stuff. I'm just glad there are so many nice people on here to educate us wanna be nerds!

All depends on how many LTE RRUs they have.   It would be possible to of course do a 4+ sector site but I haven't seen one yet.  I have heard of a 4 sector and even 6 on legacy but no one has posted pictures of one.  Those would be very rare.  Even the ones where Samsung is putting two brand new antennas per sector due to extra capacity needed on CDMA, you'll still only have 3 LTE sectors.  The other vendors don't put two antennas, they just put a RF combiner and use the one antenna but I guess Samsung doesn't have the equipment to do that.

I'm on redwood road/north temple and getting a strong 4g signal with the speeds below. Not quite the speeds I saw when I lived in Atlanta but definitely a step in the right direction. What a relief to see this. :-P

I attached a screenshot of my speed results but it never made it on my previous post for some reason. I initially had a 4590 kbps down/3800 kbps up. The further east I went on N. Temple the faster the speeds got.... The best speeds I saw was @ 8900 kbps down/6200 up. The 4g disappeared when I got to 800 west and North Temple.

I attached a screenshot of my speed results but it never made it on my previous post for some reason. I initially had a 4590 kbps down/3800 kbps up. The further east I went on N. Temple the faster the speeds got.... The best speeds I saw was @ 8900 kbps down/6200 up. The 4g disappeared when I got to 800 west and North Temple.

nice! yeah i hit 11 mbps down and 2.34 up and 140ms ping on my speed test yesterday near redwood and N temple, ooober exciting...

This

Look at this post...  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page-38?p=90231&do=findComment&comment=90231

You guys can't go by the 169 offset unfortunately, but everything else is the same.  You'll need to find and post the same exact screen shown in the sample like this:

IPHONE_LTE_ENG.png

Then you guys can get tracking.  One thing to side note, the Iphone5 has the cell identity in DEC format, convert it to HEX with any converter (google it), even the standard windows calculator will convert hex to decimal and vice versa. 

Interesting... I just looked back through the screen shots and see that someone posted the HEX serving cells.  Normally they end in 01, 02, 03 etc.  But looks like they are using 00, 01, 02

So anyone keeping track of the sites in the market;  Not going to post the Site ID as that is sponsor material, but anytime you see the serving cell of 109, 131, 369 or HTC users see 0AE0C9xx then you know this is the same site.