LG V50 News & Rumors

PythonFanPA

• 3 weeks later...

All eyes now on this phone since it has been confirmed the the S10 5G will be a Verizon exclusive for a while.  Hopefully Sprint has some reasonable areas of its initial 5G markets ready with significant speed increases, especially upload.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

reviewer does not believe in 5G, so why did he take the assignment?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The G8 has a nice preorder deal, I am hoping the V50 will as well.  I want to get that because of 5G.  Hoping that it will be the same or cheaper than my V30+ lease. 

I'm hoping for something like at least 40% off and includes the second LCD screen. Only way I am going to get it is if it is given to me. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, red_dog007 said:

The G8 has a nice preorder deal, I am hoping the V50 will as well.  I want to get that because of 5G.  Hoping that it will be the same or cheaper than my V30+ lease. 

I'm hoping for something like at least 40% off and includes the second LCD screen. Only way I am going to get it is if it is given to me. 

I wonder if VoLTE will be active since it will have Pie on it

9 minutes ago, red_dog007 said:

Is there a reason why it wouldn't?  I've been using VoLTE on my V30+ for a while now.

All phones don't have VoLTE still. My G7 doesn't have it. So that why I ask. I also know the S9 doesn't have it yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, red_dog007 said:

That's nuts. Didn't know this.  

Sprint appears to me be be stalling on VoLTE.  Phones back to the LG V20 /LG G6 show VoLTE support in the FCC testing, yet the list of VoLTE supported devices on the Sprint network barely grows.  A lot of customers don't notice the lack of VoLTE, plus VoLTE is a T-Mobile specialty (ie wait for merger).  It would cost a lot of money to extend LTE coverage to the 1x800 only areas and building interiors. Tribanding the former Clear sites is one step in this direction, but is really just for metro areas.

• 1 month later...

So after some thinking, I decided to pre-order the LG V50 5G from Sprint. I hate leasing phones and I wasn't planning on getting it but at $14/month, why not? Let's just hope that 5G gets enabled in my market in the next 18 months. I had to use a VPN to order it since I'm not in one of the launch markets. 

• Like 3

On 5/18/2019 at 10:13 PM, notsrealinc said:

So after some thinking, I decided to pre-order the LG V50 5G from Sprint. I hate leasing phones and I wasn't planning on getting it but at $14/month, why not? Let's just hope that 5G gets enabled in my market in the next 18 months. I had to use a VPN to order it since I'm not in one of the launch markets. 

Silly question. I get you used a VPN but what about your shipping address? You think they will send it still?

8 hours ago, stlman314 said:

Silly question. I get you used a VPN but what about your shipping address? You think they will send it still?

I personally don't think Sprint took the system that far. It's possible but it's much easier just to IP locate and restrict from their website. Plus they could have stopped me at checkout with the shipping address but they didn't. There could also be reasons to allow any shipping address.

I'm more curious what happens over the phone. Will they just say no?

Edited by notsrealinc

16 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

I personally don't think Sprint took the system that far. It's possible but it's much easier just to IP locate and restrict from their website. Plus they could have stopped me at checkout with the shipping address but they didn't. There could also be reasons to allow any shipping address.

I'm more curious what happens over the phone. Will they just say no?

i actually tried with a Atlanta server from NordVPN and I got blocked. But once I selected a different Atlanta server it worked. They might be catching on. 

1 hour ago, mirskyc said:

i actually tried with a Atlanta server from NordVPN and I got blocked. But once I selected a different Atlanta server it worked. They might be catching on. 

Incognito mode helped. It might be a cache or cookie thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

My V50 has arrived! 

yf0TOhi.jpg

Gallery of device: https://imgur.com/gallery/7fUcoty

I was able to activate it on my Everything Data Share Plan with no issues! So far coming from my Essential Phone (Stock Android), LG's Skin is a little overwhelming but I was able to disable duplicate apps and bloatware using this guide. So far I like it, the display is a big upgrade and the speakers sound really good.

Before any of you ask, I'm not in a 5G market yet, hopefully soon I will be able to test it out. I got this device pretty cheap ($14/month flex lease) and the two year warranty is nice if I decide to keep it. I've been wanting to upgrade from my Essential Phone and decided to go with this.

Here are the engineering screens:

LTE Settings and Engineering: https://imgur.com/a/1ySy2Ly

5G NR Engineering Screen (there's one setting to just enable it or disable): https://imgur.com/a/xMvfj2Y

If anyone knows the MSL Code for LG, let me know. 000000 isn't working.

• Like 3

Can you turn off b25? Does it allow you to change band priorities? Thanks