Jump to content
PythonFanPA

LG V50 News & Rumors

Recommended Posts

While this is all good. They need to work with Sprint on getting VoLTE on phones like the G7thinq and V40. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All eyes now on this phone since it has been confirmed the the S10 5G will be a Verizon exclusive for a while.  Hopefully Sprint has some reasonable areas of its initial 5G markets ready with significant speed increases, especially upload.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The G8 has a nice preorder deal, I am hoping the V50 will as well.  I want to get that because of 5G.  Hoping that it will be the same or cheaper than my V30+ lease. 

I'm hoping for something like at least 40% off and includes the second LCD screen. Only way I am going to get it is if it is given to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, red_dog007 said:

The G8 has a nice preorder deal, I am hoping the V50 will as well.  I want to get that because of 5G.  Hoping that it will be the same or cheaper than my V30+ lease. 

I'm hoping for something like at least 40% off and includes the second LCD screen. Only way I am going to get it is if it is given to me. 

I wonder if VoLTE will be active since it will have Pie on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stlman314 said:

I wonder if VoLTE will be active since it will have Pie on it

Is there a reason why it wouldn't?  I've been using VoLTE on my V30+ for a while now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, red_dog007 said:

Is there a reason why it wouldn't?  I've been using VoLTE on my V30+ for a while now.

All phones don't have VoLTE still. My G7 doesn't have it. So that why I ask. I also know the S9 doesn't have it yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stlman314 said:

All phones don't have VoLTE still. My G7 doesn't have it. So that why I ask. I also know the S9 doesn't have it yet.

That's nuts. Didn't know this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, red_dog007 said:

That's nuts. Didn't know this.  

Sprint appears to me be be stalling on VoLTE.  Phones back to the LG V20 /LG G6 show VoLTE support in the FCC testing, yet the list of VoLTE supported devices on the Sprint network barely grows.  A lot of customers don't notice the lack of VoLTE, plus VoLTE is a T-Mobile specialty (ie wait for merger).  It would cost a lot of money to extend LTE coverage to the 1x800 only areas and building interiors. Tribanding the former Clear sites is one step in this direction, but is really just for metro areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after some thinking, I decided to pre-order the LG V50 5G from Sprint. I hate leasing phones and I wasn't planning on getting it but at $14/month, why not? Let's just hope that 5G gets enabled in my market in the next 18 months. I had to use a VPN to order it since I'm not in one of the launch markets. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 10:13 PM, notsrealinc said:

So after some thinking, I decided to pre-order the LG V50 5G from Sprint. I hate leasing phones and I wasn't planning on getting it but at $14/month, why not? Let's just hope that 5G gets enabled in my market in the next 18 months. I had to use a VPN to order it since I'm not in one of the launch markets. 

Silly question. I get you used a VPN but what about your shipping address? You think they will send it still?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stlman314 said:

Silly question. I get you used a VPN but what about your shipping address? You think they will send it still?

I personally don't think Sprint took the system that far. It's possible but it's much easier just to IP locate and restrict from their website. Plus they could have stopped me at checkout with the shipping address but they didn't. There could also be reasons to allow any shipping address.

I'm more curious what happens over the phone. Will they just say no?

Edited by notsrealinc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

I personally don't think Sprint took the system that far. It's possible but it's much easier just to IP locate and restrict from their website. Plus they could have stopped me at checkout with the shipping address but they didn't. There could also be reasons to allow any shipping address.

I'm more curious what happens over the phone. Will they just say no?

i actually tried with a Atlanta server from NordVPN and I got blocked. But once I selected a different Atlanta server it worked. They might be catching on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mirskyc said:

i actually tried with a Atlanta server from NordVPN and I got blocked. But once I selected a different Atlanta server it worked. They might be catching on. 

Incognito mode helped. It might be a cache or cookie thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My V50 has arrived! 

yf0TOhi.jpg

Gallery of device: https://imgur.com/gallery/7fUcoty

I was able to activate it on my Everything Data Share Plan with no issues! So far coming from my Essential Phone (Stock Android), LG's Skin is a little overwhelming but I was able to disable duplicate apps and bloatware using this guide. So far I like it, the display is a big upgrade and the speakers sound really good.

Before any of you ask, I'm not in a 5G market yet, hopefully soon I will be able to test it out. I got this device pretty cheap ($14/month flex lease) and the two year warranty is nice if I decide to keep it. I've been wanting to upgrade from my Essential Phone and decided to go with this.

Here are the engineering screens:

LTE Settings and Engineering: https://imgur.com/a/1ySy2Ly

5G NR Engineering Screen (there's one setting to just enable it or disable): https://imgur.com/a/xMvfj2Y

If anyone knows the MSL Code for LG, let me know. 000000 isn't working.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, notsrealinc said:

I got the MSL code, took about 30 seconds with Chat tech support.

Is it device specific or something like 123456?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

Is it device specific or something like 123456?

Yup 😕

It's 221***

Edited by notsrealinc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, notsrealinc said:

Yup 😕

It's 221***

Gotchu, at least they gave it up quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you turn off b25? Does it allow you to change band priorities? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

Can you turn off b25? Does it allow you to change band priorities? Thanks

Yes: C3AEkgQ.png

and yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • Another beta update to SignalCheck Pro is rolling out! Version 4.614b will appear on Google Play sometime over the next several hours. More 5G improvements, the accent color should be fixed, and several Samsung shortcut menus were added. Samsung users, please try all of the new shortcuts and let me know which ones are useful and what they lead to. Thank you!
    • No, unfortunately I haven't seen any useful 5G info from your phone (or anyone else's LG) yet. If you get a software update and happen to find 5G before they shut it down, please try reporting again! The accent color is still in its infancy and only appears on LTE for now. I've had it on my version of SCP for several weeks, initially I didn't think anyone else would like it. Figured I'd offer it up and see what the feedback was.
    • I accidentally broke the Samsung menus when I compiled the latest release; it will be resolved in next update.   Thanks, I'll look into that.. it's all a work in progress, glad we are making some headway!   The current display format is temporary, it is just to get the data displaying reliably.. once that happens, it will get its own "block" like the connection other technologies have.
    • I forgot to post this this morning. Seems that Sprint will offer the V60. My buddy at Sprint HQ says more will be said Monday. Lets see if this pans out.   TS out
    • Another suggestion, can you place the 5G info above the neighbor cell list? In dense urban areas with 5x CA there will easily be enough neighbor cells to push the 5G info off the screen. Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...