LG V50 News & Rumors

PythonFanPA

4 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

Yes: C3AEkgQ.png

and yes.

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see band 25 turned off with the other LTE bands stll functioning nor do I see the band priorities listed or allowing you to change them.

5 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see band 25 turned off with the other LTE bands stll functioning nor do I see the band priorities listed or allowing you to change them.

I'm pretty much sure that you tap on "Band 25 Enable" from On to Off and then the to change the Band Priority you just tap on it and rearrange it. http://imgur.com/a/DNRICJB

Edit, disabling only B25446931276_Capture_2019-06-02-10-14-03.thumb.png.966e505039e1a2296bc3fc979ffaba91.png

Edited by notsrealinc
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

I'm pretty much sure that you tap on "Band 25 Enable" from On to Off and then the to change the Band Priority you just tap on it and rearrange it. http://imgur.com/a/DNRICJB

Edit, disabling only B25446931276_Capture_2019-06-02-10-14-03.thumb.png.966e505039e1a2296bc3fc979ffaba91.png

Initially looks good.  The reason why I asked was in many LG phones, turning off b25, disables all LTE.  The band priority on some LG phones displays nothing when you click on it.

1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

Initially looks good.  The reason why I asked was in many LG phones, turning off b25, disables all LTE.  The band priority on some LG phones displays nothing when you click on it.

Huh, didn't know that. My LG G3 and G4 didn't have those issues if I remember. 

Edited by notsrealinc

I wonder if VoLTE will be active since it will have Pie on it
Got a V50 today, and VoLTE is enabled and active. I'm slightly outside of 5G coverage, so I haven't been able to test that yet.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Is there a 5G engineering screen?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It's labeled NR Engineering (New Radio). I don't think that's a Sprint thing, at least I hope not. default_biggrin.png

b2fb3b03261ea01bbd90748437113e5a.jpg

42 minutes ago, Grabber5.0 said:

Yes. It's labeled NR Engineering (New Radio). I don't think that's a Sprint thing, at least I hope not. default_biggrin.png

NR is the technical name for 5G. Think WCDMA/UMTS or EVDO for 3G. 

• Like 1

NR is the technical name for 5G. Think WCDMA/UMTS or EVDO for 3G. 
I know, but NR is a really dumb name though. It means nothing without context. What will they call the next one? New New Radio? LOL [emoji848]

18 minutes ago, Grabber5.0 said:

I know, but NR is a really dumb name though. It means nothing without context. What will they call the next one? New New Radio? LOL emoji848.png

To be fair Long Term Evolution wasn't a great name either...

• Like 2

I haven't had time to do a detailed comparison of photos from my V40 to the V50, but the photos have examined recently definitely seem sharper. I wonder if they have fixed the over-processing that they've been guilty of in the past.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, Grabber5.0 said:

Got the June security patch today, and the change log only referenced enhancements, not the security updates - can't remember if they are normally like that.7eeeb4967b4bc22eea2a72b288ed2d63.jpg

Just got my LG V50 today and was worried at first because SignalCheck was having issues where it wasn't updating the signal info. But after this update, things seem to be working now!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I made a post on XDA about a leaked Android 10 Beta build for the Sprint LG V50. I thought I'd share here if anyone is interested I flashing it. Right now there's no way to revert back.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/v50-thinq/how-to/sprint-lg-v50-android-10-beta-2019-t3995429/post80760511

Bing is a good site for finding obsure places on the Internet, that's how I found the OTA file.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stlman314 said:

Has anyone else's V50 been running slow the last week or two? I've found I've had to reboot my phone a lot lately.

Mine has been mint.

Probably some app that's running in the background taking more resources, id go through them one by one until you find the culprit. 

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:

Sometimes I feel like there are about 6 people with V50s.. the V50 forums everywhere are SO dead. Now, how about they push that December update finally, or even January? LOL

I've honestly never seen one in the wild other than mine. Always see Samsung and iPhones only :(

• Like 1

I've honestly never seen one in the wild other than mine. Always see Samsung and iPhones only [emoji20]
LG in general has almost no market share. It's a duopoly. I never see my S10 5G in the wild either though. But at least I got android 10 last week and the January update 2 days ago.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:

Sometimes I feel like there are about 6 people with V50s.. the V50 forums everywhere are SO dead. Now, how about they push that December update finally, or even January? LOL

5 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

V50 is without a doubt one of the most underrated devices! LG needs to keep improving updates and designs, its definitely good to have a proper alternative to Samsung..

There is a V50 telegram group that is pretty active. Lots of info in there. Right now v20a is the latest version we know of for the Sprint V50 (Android 10 beta with January Security patch). You can install it pretty easily but downgrading is a little bit of a hassle and you need to downgrade to get any future updates. Hopefully Android 10 releases in the next few days or week (soon). 

There is a V50 telegram group that is pretty active. Lots of info in there. Right now v20a is the latest version we know of for the Sprint V50 (Android 10 beta with January Security patch). You can install it pretty easily but downgrading is a little bit of a hassle and you need to downgrade to get any future updates. Hopefully Android 10 releases in the next few days or week (soon). 
Wasn't aware of that, but I joined and checked it out. Nice to see a lot of chatter, but the chat room/messaging format makes it pretty hard to follow. I did find a link to an XDA article that mentioned an update schedule
It contains the following statement, the last part of which can't be right: "In December, the South Korean LG G8 ThinQ began receiving its stable Android 10 update, and the same was rolled out a month later to the South Korean and Sprint variants of the LG V50 ThinQ".

• 3 weeks later...