Official Magic Box discussion thread

lilotimz

On 10/14/2017 at 6:18 PM, bucdenny said:

I called a few days ago to put in order. Had told them LTE available only outdoors and near windows.  2 days later it showed up from UPS.

866-556-7310

Stonewalled me. Approved via email called to see if I could expedite it. Said i must be having firewall issues (wtf) and said to update my profile and they would call me tomorrow

16 minutes ago, xdfgf said:

Stonewalled me. Approved via email called to see if I could expedite it. Said i must be having firewall issues (wtf) and said to update my profile and they would call me tomorrow

Check PM. 

Our iphones still seem to prefer to initially connect to the Macro network.  If I go to my basement and cycle airplane mode with the phone in a place where it only gets weak B26, the phone will nearly immediately hop onto the MB, and stay latched on until I go out of range (almost 1/2 a block!)  But unless I do that, our phones almost always stick in the macro network.  :-/  Hoping that at some point, a software fix is pushed (to either the phones or on the network side) that will make connecting to the MB a bit more preferred.  

Example, if I am at home and connected to the MB, my phone immediately grabs the MACRO when the MB is out of range.   I would have thought that upon return home (or within some reasonable about of time for scanning) the phone would get handed back off to the MB.  MUCH stronger signal strength (1-2 'bars' of B25 on the Macro vs full bars of B41 on the Magic Box, ) so I'm not really sure at what point in time our phones should shift to the Magic Box.  We have been through 3 of the Magic Boxes, and each one acts like this.  MB Support seems to want to help at a high level, but the problem still hasnt been fixed.  Just dealing with it for now and hoping a future software update fixes things.

9 minutes ago, shaferz said:

Our iphones still seem to prefer to initially connect to the Macro network.  If I go to my basement and cycle airplane mode with the phone in a place where it only gets weak B26, the phone will nearly immediately hop onto the MB, and stay latched on until I go out of range (almost 1/2 a block!)  But unless I do that, our phones almost always stick in the macro network.  :-/  Hoping that at some point, a software fix is pushed (to either the phones or on the network side) that will make connecting to the MB a bit more preferred.  

Example, if I am at home and connected to the MB, my phone immediately grabs the MACRO when the MB is out of range.   I would have thought that upon return home (or within some reasonable about of time for scanning) the phone would get handed back off to the MB.  MUCH stronger signal strength (1-2 'bars' of B25 on the Macro vs full bars of B41 on the Magic Box, ) so I'm not really sure at what point in time our phones should shift to the Magic Box.  We have been through 3 of the Magic Boxes, and each one acts like this.  MB Support seems to want to help at a high level, but the problem still hasnt been fixed.  Just dealing with it for now and hoping a future software update fixes things.

Change the band priority to 1. 41 2. 25 3. 26...

16 minutes ago, jonathanm1978 said:

Eh gotta love that...

Who needs that sorta control anyway..

Thats sort of my point.  The control is supposed to be handled by Sprint.  There has to be a reason that its not handing back to the MB correctly, but apparently nobody in MB Support is able to figure it out.  *shrug*  So I guess i wait.  :(

There's always a few people, prob under a hundred nationwide, who have a unique issue. Being able to modify band priority has in some cases, made people able to use their phone as expected. In a case where Sprint can't make a special prl just for one or two people (not that band priority is tied to prl).. Just saying... Being able to do these things can be helpful in getting an engineer to the root of a problem.. or seeing what exactly is happening, or just being handy in times that it should work properly.

I have the AU545, when I unplug the power it doesn't stay on. Thought there is built in battery or backup battery?
The battery is for setup configuration when you're lugging the unit around to check for best location. The small cell eNB is off when not receiving power from an electrical socket.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is there a way to tell how many people are connected at any one time to a magic box? Do the sprint owned MVNOs have access to things like magic boxes, airraves and sc1000s? Looking at adding sprint equipment to my restaurant...

Is there a way to tell how many people are connected at any one time to a magic box? Do the sprint owned MVNOs have access to things like magic boxes, airraves and sc1000s? Looking at adding sprint equipment to my restaurant...

The MB will show how many active connections there are (ie actively transmitting data, not idling). That screen can take 30 seconds or so to refresh though, when you first go to it it will show 0 connected.  

There's no way to see how many are connected to the airave.

I think the airave has a limit of 16 concurrent connections and the MB is 64? But lilotimz would know for sure.

As for MVNOs, I'm not sure what PLMNs the MB and Airave broadcast, if any, in addition to 310120.

My power supply died this morning. Magic Box is saying that its unplugged and need to be reconnected. Support can't order me a new power supply so they are sending me a new unit.

2 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

My power supply died this morning. Magic Box is saying that its unplugged and need to be reconnected. Support can't order me a new power supply so they are sending me a new unit.

Mine did the same thing and Sprint did the same... they replaced the entire unit.  However, I actually found that the power supply itself may not have died.  When my replacement MB came, I tried plugging the new power supply into the old MB, and it never did come up... even after being connected to power for a solid 2 hours.  Maybe the power supply went out and also killed the original MB?  

Odd stuff.  Good luck with the replacement!

28 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Yes.

I can call in same number or you have a contact I can go through?

Just now, lilotimz said:

Try contacting them through the regular channels first and let me know.

I just did.  They won't do it.

1 minute ago, jonathanm1978 said:

They wouldn't give me two on my account either. I won't go into what I had to go through to get one for business location.

we have to probably go through Tim's connection.