Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

11 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Are there any new Carrier aggregation configurations checked as enabled on the beta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I took so long to respond. Theses are all of the configurations enabled by default. It seems like every T-Mobile combo is enabled but Sprint hasn't enabled Band 41 + Band 25 by default yet. At least it's there to turn on though.

8yQJEPK.jpg

10 hours ago, mmark27 said:

and I STILL have the invitation in the Members app.....

How we lookin', pretty stable? Have they updated the gestures to work with Nova? 

I just downloaded Nova and the swiping up from the home screen makes Nova appear like an app that you can just close so I'm assuming it's still broken. Otherwise it's very stable. No app crashes or anything like that.

I just downloaded Nova and the swiping up from the home screen makes Nova appear like an app that you can just close so I'm assuming it's still broken. Otherwise it's very stable. No app crashes or anything like that.

They added T-Mobile bands to the mix huh. Interesting

11 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Sorry I took so long to respond. Theses are all of the configurations enabled by default. It seems like every T-Mobile combo is enabled but Sprint hasn't enabled Band 41 + Band 25 by default yet. At least it's there to turn on though.

8yQJEPK.jpg

Did you try to MANUALLY enable the 41 + 25 aggregation?   if so, does it seem to work?  If that works well, it will solve a big issue for a boatload of people.   My area is covered with band 41 and the phone hangs on to this band 41 forever.  But the upload is horrible and the result is a quite unusable connection much of the time.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:36 AM, chamb said:

Did you try to MANUALLY enable the 41 + 25 aggregation?   if so, does it seem to work?  If that works well, it will solve a big issue for a boatload of people.   My area is covered with band 41 and the phone hangs on to this band 41 forever.  But the upload is horrible and the result is a quite unusable connection much of the time.

I turned it on but my phone prefers to aggregate multiple Band 41 carriers instead of 25+41

7 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I turned it on but my phone prefers to aggregate multiple Band 41 carriers instead of 25+41

Have you EVER seen 25 + 41?   Is it available at all?    It is fine to aggregate 41 + 41 if the level is good.  But 25 + 41 should be preferred when the levels are questionable on band 41.

Have you EVER seen 25 + 41?   Is it available at all?    It is fine to aggregate 41 + 41 if the level is good.  But 25 + 41 should be preferred when the levels are questionable on band 41.

It doesn’t work. Only the west has even seen it.

B41+B41+B41 Primary
B25+B41+B41 this is how it should be at all times on b25
B26+B41+B41 again at all times if on b26.
B25+B26 is not going to solve any problems because capacity is still not good enough.

2 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

It doesn’t work. Only the west has even seen it.

B41+B41+B41 Primary
B25+B41+B41 this is how it should be at all times on b25
B26+B41+B41 again at all times if on b26.
B25+B26 is not going to solve any problems because capacity is still not good enough.

I have that feeling that sooner or later they are going to release some kind of 25+41 aggregation and brag about how it fixed things.  My gut feeling is it will still be royally screwed up.  Right now, I absolutely must have WI-Fi in my home  as I am constantly locked on B-41 2x CA that does not work at all.  Why they would push phones on band 41 at levels of -130 and hold them there just does not make sense.  Nothing works at -130. NOTHING.  Even -120 on band 41 is a dud. 

Why do they insist on trying to use band 41 when the levels are crap? Allow the phones to depart from band 41 when it is unusable.

No wonder they lose customers. This is a self inflicted wound and it is a serious one.

I have that feeling that sooner or later they are going to release some kind of 25+41 aggregation and brag about how it fixed things.  My gut feeling is it will still be royally screwed up.  Right now, I absolutely must have WI-Fi in my home  as I am constantly locked on B-41 2x CA that does not work at all.  Why they would push phones on band 41 at levels of -130 and hold them there just does not make sense.  Nothing works at -130. NOTHING.  Even -120 on band 41 is a dud. 
Why do they insist on trying to use band 41 when the levels are crap? Allow the phones to depart from band 41 when it is unusable.
No wonder they lose customers. This is a self inflicted wound and it is a serious one.

It’s funny I’m having the opposite problem. B41 uploads are trash, B25 and B26 capacity is trash. I have in fact gotten b41 at 126 and pulled 10 down but uploads failed.

ATT actually aggregates b30(2300mhz) to levels over 140dbm.

Do you have the S9?

6 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

It’s funny I’m having the opposite problem. B41 uploads are trash, B25 and B26 capacity is trash. I have in fact gotten b41 at 126 and pulled 10 down but uploads failed.

ATT actually aggregates b30(2300mhz) to levels over 140dbm.

Do you have the S9?

Yes,  s9 unlocked.  Upload on B41 is horrible.  Many times, no upload at all.    My b25 is quite good.  A 10x10 and a 15x15 aggregated.

Yes,  s9 unlocked.  Upload on B41 is horrible.  Many times, no upload at all.    My b25 is quite good.  A 10x10 and a 15x15 aggregated.
Okay I'm going to tell you because I have compared and confirmed having had both phones myself. It's the phone that's keeping you on band 41 not the network. If you switch to a S10 device it's going to stop. My S10 5G drops band 41 when my S9+ would hold on for dear life except in my case since b25 and b26 are really congested staying on b41 was the better option.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Okay I'm going to tell you because I have compared and confirmed having had both phones myself. It's the phone that's keeping you on band 41 not the network. If you switch to a S10 device it's going to stop. My S10 5G drops band 41 when my S9+ would hold on for dear life except in my case since b25 and b26 are really congested staying on b41 was the better option.

You might be right on the S9 holding on to band 41.  I have two of them.  One makes me upset, but the other one makes my wife upset and that is a bad situation.  She gets upset and starts telling me how bad that phone is and why did I buy it.   I would think that Sprint should be able to see a phone is struggling to upload anything and shift it to another band.  The cell site should force the phone off band 41 when it is struggling,   Something sure does smell bad with this and the stink is forcing people to look elsewhere.

You might be right on the S9 holding on to band 41.  I have two of them.  One makes me upset, but the other one makes my wife upset and that is a bad situation.  She gets upset and starts telling me how bad that phone is and why did I buy it.   I would think that Sprint should be able to see a phone is struggling to upload anything and shift it to another band.  The cell site should force the phone off band 41 when it is struggling,   Something sure does smell bad with this and the stink is forcing people to look elsewhere.
I wouldn't go back to the S9 if you paid me. The S10 has greater peak speeds and VoLTE and more stable performance.

4 hours ago, NanoVirus said:

For those of you with the unlocked version , are you able to use RCS features with the Samsung Message app? I know with the unlocked S9 this option was not available unless you used the Android Message app.

Nope, only in Android Messages.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, optimummind said:

The Galaxy S10 Lite has passed through the FCC.  
https://fccid.io/A3LSMG770F

Does it support all four national carriers?

And does it include 5G?

Doesn't look like it. It only supports Band 2, 4, 5, 12, 13, 17, 26, 41, 66, and LTE-U. It also doesn't have CDMA support. That said, U.S. variants of Samsung phones tend to have U on the end of their name while international variants tend to be F. This is the international variant.

• Like 1