Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

On 12/16/2019 at 2:22 PM, mmark27 said:

Everything seems to be pretty functional for me. I don't see, or haven't run into, many bugs with my normal routine. I tried the gestures, but fell back to the Nova Launcher and the older full screen navigation. Everything is very snappy, camera works well and fast. 

Man, Android 10 really is a nothing-burger on the user end, short of the gestures. Very glad I didn't suffer through the betas for this. 

Yep, after what happened on the s8 beta a few years ago, I'm done beta testing.  I am more than willing to wait as long was it takes.

1 hour ago, themuffinman said:

Yep, after what happened on the s8 beta a few years ago, I'm done beta testing.  I am more than willing to wait as long was it takes.

The beta was surprisingly stable, I had a few issues with apps but otherwise it was pretty solid. Would definitely try the android 11 beta on my S11+ next year.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 3:34 PM, BlueAngel said:

The beta was surprisingly stable, I had a few issues with apps but otherwise it was pretty solid. Would definitely try the android 11 beta on my S11+ next year.

I can echo that sentiment. From the first release, it was pretty stable. Every bug that I encountered, I reported, and it was fixed in the next update. Samsung is pretty proactive about fixing problems as long as they know about them. I'm still on the last version of the beta and the only thing I miss is Google Pay. Everything else works pretty much perfectly.

I can echo that sentiment. From the first release, it was pretty stable. Every bug that I encountered, I reported, and it was fixed in the next update. Samsung is pretty proactive about fixing problems as long as they know about them. I'm still on the last version of the beta and the only thing I miss is Google Pay. Everything else works pretty much perfectly.
Why would you use Google pay over Samsung pay? It's so much better.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I've switched over to Google Pay, because I really only use it on my watch(es). It's extremely rare for me to run into a terminal now that doesn't take the NFC payments so my watch GP works best. My bank will remove my digital numbers from Samsung Pay if it's inactive for a month, so just haven't put my cards back in.

It is amazing how within 6 months everyone finally turned on their NFC payments on the verifone terminals. I think I only hit one store this Christmas shopping period that didn't take it. Prior to that, Samsung Pay was superior, but now it doesn't really matter. 

I've switched over to Google Pay, because I really only use it on my watch(es). It's extremely rare for me to run into a terminal now that doesn't take the NFC payments so my watch GP works best. My bank will remove my digital numbers from Samsung Pay if it's inactive for a month, so just haven't put my cards back in.
It is amazing how within 6 months everyone finally turned on their NFC payments on the verifone terminals. I think I only hit one store this Christmas shopping period that didn't take it. Prior to that, Samsung Pay was superior, but now it doesn't really matter. 
Bro Walmart still doesn't have NFC lol samsung pay is used heavy in there.

I haven't stepped into a Walmart in years. ha ha. 

In the southeast its essential. Walmart/Samsclub and Publix holds a duopoly on the grocery market and both of them dont have NFC. Meanwhile the Dollar General and Family Dollar both have it. WTH?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Meanwhile the Dollar General and Family Dollar both have it. WTH?

Totally off topic...but Dollar General is just now opening stores in the Pacific Northwest.  People up here don't understand what they're for.  They're all pissed because it's not an "Everything is $1 Store."  They feel like they're being bait and switched.  They think it's an overpriced Dollar Tree.  LOL

Robert

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I honestly prefer the design of the app, I use it when shopping on my phone since a lot of apps have integrated Google Pay as a payment method, and it does a good job of storing tickets and pulling ticket confirmation information from my emails and storing them to find later. Also almost every store I go into has NFC set up now. The three big exceptions were CVS, Target, and Walmart. Both CVS and Target activated NFC within the past year and I shop at Walmart once or twice a year (literally) so I always have the Walmart app on my phone set up with Walmart Pay just in case.

• Like 1

I honestly prefer the design of the app, I use it when shopping on my phone since a lot of apps have integrated Google Pay as a payment method, and it does a good job of storing tickets and pulling ticket confirmation information from my emails and storing them to find later. Also almost every store I go into has NFC set up now. The three big exceptions were CVS, Target, and Walmart. Both CVS and Target activated NFC within the past year and I shop at Walmart once or twice a year (literally) so I always have the Walmart app on my phone set up with Walmart Pay just in case.
The design is very simple and innovative. All of my loyalty cards are on it but back to the thread.

Did Sprint enable TM9 on B25? Is that for Massive MIMO on b25 or something?

Personally I refuse to use NFC payment apps because I personally don't trust the security.

That being said, a couple of weeks ago, I was kind of forced into opening the Google Pay app to download a copy of the concert tickets [emoji612] I had purchased from the Live Nation app.

When my wife and I got to the concert, I was very glad that I had been able to download copies of the tickets [emoji957] in the Google Pay app, since the Live Nation app wasn't showing all of the tickets [emoji957]

At least I find the Tickets [emoji957] Saving feature of Google Pay handy.

And before anyone says the obvious...I of course I know that sometime soon I will eventually have no choice but to get on board with Mobile [emoji336] Phone payment when that becomes the only method of payment.

But until then I personally prefer to use physical credit card [emoji388] and cash [emoji385]

Similarly, I still write [emoji404] checks to pay my credit card bills, and plan on continuing to do so until I am forced into online bill payments.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently the official Android 10 is rolling out for the Note 10 series.
I already have it on my phone. S10+

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone experienced significantly improved service? I swear since updating to 10 a month ago that my service improved substantially. A few spots near me used to have subpar service and within the last few days I can actually maintain an LTE signal it's shocking to say the least.

5 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Has anyone experienced significantly improved service? I swear since updating to 10 a month ago that my service improved substantially. A few spots near me used to have subpar service and within the last few days I can actually maintain an LTE signal it's shocking to say the least.

You might be getting the benefits of improved aggregation.  Band 25 aggregated with band 41.  Band 25 gives improved upload, band 41 gives great download.   Or maybe a new site has been added near you.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chamb said:

You might be getting the benefits of improved aggregation.  Band 25 aggregated with band 41.  Band 25 gives improved upload, band 41 gives great download.   Or maybe a new site has been added near you.

Three different areas so I doubt it.