Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

Something to bookmark: 

Bug list from XDA (usually far better on organization than Reddit) 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/how-to/bugs-oneui-2-0-android-10-beta-t3983463

And one for the media process stopped error (this does happen frequently with Betas): 

https://www.sammobile.com/news/how-to-fix-android-process-media-error-on-galaxy-s10-android-10-beta/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jreuschl said:

New LTE sizef8653517edd469e98bc8c14f5d6f3167.jpg

Anyone having issues with SignalCheck Pro crashing?  I sent bug report.  I am going to clear system cache too in bootloader. (Actually seems OK now after doing that/rebooting)

I don't like the new LTE size.  :-(

26 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Many of the signal icons in the Beta builds never make it to the final build. I bet that changes, it's ugly.

I really hope so, if it stays around I will leave Samsung and go back to boring iOS. I can't stop looking at how ugly it is.

21 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Alright, who's taking the plunge?  I've been debating it all morning. I think for once I'm going to pass. But please post your experience here ASAP. Camera issues? etc. Don't care about battery life. 

Not me, thats for sure.  After the beta issues with the s8+ a few years ago, I refuse to do that every again.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, themuffinman said:

Not me, thats for sure.  After the beta issues with the s8+ a few years ago, I refuse to do that every again.  

I will also be waiting for the final release.

• Like 1

In non-beta related news.....

is anyone else having a hard time with fast wireless chargers after the last system update? Seems like my S10+ won't find Fast Charging sweet spot as easily on nearly all my charging pads that have never been an issue before and therefore will just "charging wirelessly". Seems really strange. Some Samsung pads, but also a couple from Seneo and Yootech. 

16 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

It does feel a little more sluggish to me.  Not surprising since it is beta.

Any comments on signal?  Maybe just a fluke, but a VoLTE call seemed to be better in a spot that has weak signal.

Better than non beta if you ask me, smooth as can be almost iOS like. Think Samsung might finally get the animations right and stop the frame drops.

Edited by BlueAngel

2 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

In non-beta related news.....

is anyone else having a hard time with fast wireless chargers after the last system update? Seems like my S10+ won't find Fast Charging sweet spot as easily on nearly all my charging pads that have never been an issue before and therefore will just "charging wirelessly". Seems really strange. Some Samsung pads, but also a couple from Seneo and Yootech. 

No issues with my wireless fast charging stand since the update.

1. No issues with fast charging.
  2. I haven't experienced any issues with the beta just yet. I'm getting used to the new gesture navigation and the animations are better than ever before. Also my LTE icon is unchanged. It looks the same as it did on Nougat.

I'm downgrading when I get home from work, too many little things that are pissing me off like the clock no longer appearing in the status bar and that ugly ass LTE icon. Plus some apps are freezing randomly and I use my phone for work so I should have known better lol unlike last year with my S9 I didn't need stability or even care. At least I know what is to come, really liking it but the cons outweigh the pros right now.

11 minutes ago, imex99 said:

Show me a screenshot, don't u see my clock?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I see it yes, clear your notifications and you'll see what I'm talking about. Mine just says Sprint until I get a notification and then it shows the time and Sprint goes away.

Edited by BlueAngel

On 10/16/2019 at 4:26 PM, BlueAngel said:

I see it yes, clear your notifications and you'll see what I'm talking about. Mine just says Sprint until I get a notification and then it shows the time and Sprint goes away.

I don't have that problem on mine. The only problem on mine is that the WiFi Calling and WiFi symbol switched places.

5NHEEwk.jpg