Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently unlocked is now on the August patch and here we are still on June...
That's why I always go for the unlocked versions of the phones if I can afford them. Quicker software updates in most cases.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

August update finally out. Was 500MB+ and also forced a profile update after install so there must be some kind of modem update.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Check your CA configurations. Maybe they added new ones. ##data#, view, LTE, CA Enabled.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

My CA.

I checked under the LTE band priority and they haven't added T-mobile B71 yet.. 3483334e1a373e1269360a8bc33d108b.jpg

That’s the normal checks. I can’t wait until they enable 25/26 and 25/41

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jreuschl said:

August update finally out. Was 500MB+ and also forced a profile update after install so there must be some kind of modem update.

I'm installing mine now!

On 8/26/2019 at 10:09 AM, clbowens said:

Not sure if that was there before under the ##3282# menu, but say VoLTE is disabled, even though i have the VoLTE icon at the top 

Mine is the same way. 

On 8/27/2019 at 10:31 PM, JossMan said:

Mine is the same way. 

But if you go into EDIT mode there instead of view, then the radio button for Enabled is already green, so 🤷‍♂️ It seems to be working on mine. Probably just a display bug.

11 hours ago, mmark27 said:

But if you go into EDIT mode there instead of view, then the radio button for Enabled is already green, so 🤷‍♂️ It seems to be working on mine. Probably just a display bug.

Yea, VoLTE still works on mine

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, NanoVirus said:

Is it safe to buy an S10 now or are the network problems still present?

I personally would wait for the Galaxy S11 but if there's something wrong with your S9, then a S10 would be a good choice as well.  I've had mine since launch day and it's been great.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, optimummind said:

I personally would wait for the Galaxy S11 but if there's something wrong with your S9, then a S10 would be a good choice as well.  I've had mine since launch day and it's been great.  

I'm interested in the S11, but I am just not ready to give my up headphone jack.

• Like 2

What is going on with Sprint and the S10 and updates.  Seems like we have been the last to get them.  Usually Sprint is good in that regard.
Are they tinkering with the modem firmware and can't decide what works or not?
S10 5G has been consistently late mid month upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

It's pretty clear that a good number of Galaxy owners still want the headphone jack.  Samsung can guarantee they will get additional device sales next year if they choose to keep it on the Galaxy S Family.  I still prefer my older headphones/earbuds that are wired to any bluetooth models I've tried.  I have the Galaxy Buds and while they are okay, my Shure iEM's sound superior in every way.

It's pretty clear that a good number of Galaxy owners still want the headphone jack.  Samsung can guarantee they will get additional device sales next year if they choose to keep it on the Galaxy S Family.  I still prefer my older headphones/earbuds that are wired to any bluetooth models I've tried.  I have the Galaxy Buds and while they are okay, my Shure iEM's sound superior in every way.
I haven't used wire in a long time. I prefer bt!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1