Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

Anyone having problems updating the YouTube app on your phone?  My update gets to about 50% download then stops.  I've tried clearing the data for the Google store app and restarting my phone.

• 1 month later...
2.1!!
ce96327b9794cbf4eb287fc53cfc1fde.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

April update? My S10+ got the May update

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

1) Has anyone here been switched over to the T-Mobile network as their primary like the S20 users?

2) Has anyone had any issues with getting the Samsung Band Selector app to function now (it did work previously)?

I am just trying to see what T-Mobile is doing with Sprint phones, which appears to be without users permissions.  Fine if you like in an area with great T-Mobile service.  Not so good if t-Mobile is mediocre where you need it while Sprint is great or you have a very functional Magicbox or Airave.

• 3 weeks later...

Just added a line with the S10 Plus $0 monthly lease, $20 a month for my fourth line. My first Android phone in eight years. Couldn’t resist. I ditched the Sprint Complete on my three other current iPhone lines, that was costing me $45 per month. Also ditched my $15 iPad cellular line which I rarely used. Now I have four lines, a new phone, and still cheaper than I was paying prior. I can finally tool around with SignalCheck and CellMapper and satisfy my inner nerd. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

On 5/21/2020 at 7:28 PM, dkyeager said:

1) Has anyone here been switched over to the T-Mobile network as their primary like the S20 users?

2) Has anyone had any issues with getting the Samsung Band Selector app to function now (it did work previously)?

I am just trying to see what T-Mobile is doing with Sprint phones, which appears to be without users permissions.  Fine if you like in an area with great T-Mobile service.  Not so good if t-Mobile is mediocre where you need it while Sprint is great or you have a very functional Magicbox or Airave.

I've done a few profile updates over the last few weeks and I'm still on Sprint, at least in the Milwaukee area.  I'm concerned about what service I will get with my S10 because while Sprint isn't great here, T-Mobile is even worse (Milwaukee is probably the most spectrum starved TM market), and B71 is only deployed in a few areas.

They seem to be putting their eggs all in the 5G basket, not caring about keeping any of B41 for LTE.  DSS can allow this, but all they've said it is buggy.

4 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

I've done a few profile updates over the last few weeks and I'm still on Sprint, at least in the Milwaukee area.  I'm concerned about what service I will get with my S10 because while Sprint isn't great here, T-Mobile is even worse, and B71 is only deployed in a few areas.

They seem to be putting their eggs all in the 5G basket, not caring about keeping any of B41 for LTE.  DSS can allow this, but all they've said it is buggy.

In most metro areas there is enough for both. Getting Magic Boxes off b41 to wifi will given them 20Mhz.  In small city areas with 55MHz effectively then are activating 15Mhz LTE. Hard to determine if that is to leave 20Mhz for 5g or not.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, clbowens said:

Does anyone know if we'll get the July security update this month?

Well I asked and Samsung delivered.  The July security update is out.

• 2 weeks later...
August security update out for factory unlocked.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Yep I got it on mine

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...