Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Not to pile on, but I have been less then impressed with my coverage at work, 17th and Broadway.  I have an Iphone 5, is that causing the slow speed for me?  Sorry, I'm not the most knowlegable when it comes to phones.

thanks

For a good Sprint LTE experience in Denver, you really need a Triband LTE phone.  B41 and B26 are the two bands needed for a good experience.  The iPhone 5 only does B25.

any recommendations on Android?  Switching back, not a fan of Apple

I have a Nexus 5, wife has an LG G2 and brother has the LG G3.  Can confirm that all work great throughout downtown.  The building I work in is on 17th and Broadway and I stay connected to LTE all day unless I'm in the elevators.

any recommendations on Android?  Switching back, not a fan of Apple

I have had a htc evo lte,samsung galaxy s3 and now I am on the htc one m8. I honestly like them all, The s5 and htc one m8 pretty much the same device. Just two different companies. I like the front speakers, that is what I love about htc devices and the audio is better on them. I hear the LG 3 is great too, as long as it is spark device. You really cant go wrong on any android device :lol:

So there's this new Band 41 site in Centennial. My location is at Quebec and Caley. It's from a Sprint site, signal check pro doesn't show B41. So does this mean this site has the new 8T8R panels?

Screenshot_2014-10-14-09-07-06.png

• Like 2

For a good Sprint LTE experience in Denver, you really need a Triband LTE phone.  B41 and B26 are the two bands needed for a good experience.  The iPhone 5 only does B25.

Strange thing about that though.    I have a non-rooted Triband Galaxy S4 and 2-3 months ago I regularly

saw LTE  while moving around the metro area although rarely for very long.    Today, I seem to

be stuck on 3G 99% of the time and not solid at that.   There was also really good band 25

coverage in Golden, which appears now be totally gone as of 1-2 months ago,

even if I force my phone to LTE.   

Edited by Daemon42

I have no Qualms. Coverage is great and improving all the time. Limited to 3G in very few places. Getting more 26 and 41 all the time. If this is a half fired network I'm stoked to see what it'll do when all is complete. TriBand FTW.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Strange thing about that though.    I have a non-rooted Triband Galaxy S4 and 2-3 months ago I regularly

saw LTE  while moving around the metro area although rarely for very long.    Today, I seem to

be stuck on 3G 99% of the time and not solid at that.   There was also really good band 25

coverage in Golden, which appears now be totally gone as of 1-2 months ago,

even if I force my phone to LTE.   

That seems to be opposite of most people's experiences. Lots of good reports in the sponsor's section from the Denver area.

Have you double checked to make sure there isn't an issue with your device? LTE coverage get's better every day. New LTE sites are coming online regularly across the city, and I know of two recently activated LTE sites in Golden in just the last month.

I can of course bang my head with Sprint support, but I'm pretty sure it's not the phone.

Looking back only a couple pages in this thread  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2172-network-visionlte-colorado-market-denvercolo-springsfort-collinspueblogrand-jct/page-161

I see that I am not the only one in what appears to be an almost completely LTE-free zone on the west side of the metro area (Colfax, 6th Ave, Alameda, Simms.. generally whole Lakewood area and then some).

Where is one of those new LTE sites in Golden?   I'll drive up to one of the towers and check if I have to.   I used to have great band 25 coverage there all through downtown Golden,  all the way up on Mt. Zion (the one with the "M" on it), and south past the justice center, all the way to the soccer fields at I-70 and C470.      Now it's all gone.  

[edit]I did just see something I've never seen before.   Forced LTE at home, near Green Mtn, and got 1 bar on band 25 (tells me the band 25 radio is working at least, so can't blame the Golden issue on the hardware).   I'm often very close to the tower it claims it's connected to, and it has never chosen LTE on its own there.

Edited by Daemon42

I can of course bang my head with Sprint support, but I'm pretty sure it's not the phone.

Looking back only a couple pages in this thread http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2172-network-visionlte-colorado-market-denvercolo-springsfort-collinspueblogrand-jct/page-161

I see that I am not the only one in what appears to be an almost completely LTE-free zone on the west side of the metro area (Colfax, 6th Ave, Alameda, Simms.. generally whole Lakewood area and then some).

Where is one of those new LTE sites in Golden? I'll drive up to one of the towers and check if I have to. I used to have great band 25 coverage there all through downtown Golden, all the way up on Mt. Zion (the one with the "M" on it), and south past the justice center, all the way to the soccer fields at I-70 and C470. Now it's all gone.

[edit]I did just see something I've never seen before. Forced LTE at home, near Green Mtn, and got 1 bar on band 25 (tells me the band 25 radio is working at least, so can't blame the Golden issue on the hardware). I'm often very close to the tower it claims it's connected to, and it has never chosen LTE on its own there.

My best recommendation is to become a sponsor. We have maps showing the location of every Sprint site, as well as their current NV status. We get updates on progress every few days or so. At the sponsor level you can see for yourself the status of sites in Golden, and the rest of the Denver area.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

Looking back only a couple pages in this thread  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2172-network-visionlte-colorado-market-denvercolo-springsfort-collinspueblogrand-jct/page-161

Where is one of those new LTE sites in Golden?   I'll drive up to one of the towers and check if I have to.   I used to have great band 25 coverage there all through downtown Golden,  all the way up on Mt. Zion (the one with the "M" on it), and south past the justice center, all the way to the soccer fields at I-70 and C470.      Now it's all gone.  

[edit]I did just see something I've never seen before.   Forced LTE at home, near Green Mtn, and got 1 bar on band 25 (tells me the band 25 radio is working at least, so can't blame the Golden issue on the hardware).   I'm often very close to the tower it claims it's connected to, and it has never chosen LTE on its own there.

My best recommendation is to become a sponsor. We have maps showing the location of every Sprint site, as well as their current NV status. We get updates on progress every few days or so. At the sponsor level you can see for yourself the status of sites in Golden, and the rest of the Denver area.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Of course sponsorship is a good thing and I recommend it. Without giving you any specifics I will tell you that there appears to be a bunch of towers along US 6 and south that have yet to have LTE turned on. Overall the SW quadrant of Denver Metro is probably less the %50 LTE. If you want more info, become a sponsor.

Of course sponsorship is a good thing and I recommend it. Without giving you any specifics I will tell you that there appears to be a bunch of towers along US 6 and south that have yet to have LTE turned on. Overall the SW quadrant of Denver Metro is probably less the %50 LTE. If you want more info, become a sponsor.

Lakewood and Westminster are definitely the worst off right now in terms of on-air LTE. However, a tri-band device would help fill those gaps as B41 is live in several areas where B25 is not.

• 2 weeks later...

How is service on sprint now. What is good device for sprint. I got tired of waiting for sprint so I jumped on cheap udp line verizon

and it has lte evrywhere. I had notice that verizon shares same issue with sprint  when comes to switching  between cdma and lte.

I get my lg g3 or note 3 stuck in 3g so I have to use airplane mode. This not a problem in cities as I get lte everywhere I go. Hiking in conifer would give me lte 3g and lte iphone 5s has no issue switching but lg g3 gets stuck in 3g. 

That seems to be opposite of most people's experiences. Lots of good reports in the sponsor's section from the Denver area.

Have you double checked to make sure there isn't an issue with your device? LTE coverage get's better every day. New LTE sites are coming online regularly across the city, and I know of two recently activated LTE sites in Golden in just the last month.

Turns out there was an issue with my device.  

A setting that I have never directly touched was in a weird state. 

On the Galaxy S4 Triband, in

Settings - Connections - More Networks - Mobile Networks - Network Mode

There are four choices (CDMA,   LTE/CDMA,   GSM/ UTMS,   Automatic) and they are radio button choices

so that one must be selected at all time.   On my phone, none were selected. 

Not sure how it got this way.   My device is not rooted and there's no way to unselect

all the options from the screen. 

Chose the 2nd option, and it's all good now with generally more LTE coverage than not

driving across town (Lakewood -> Denver -> Thornton -> Northglenn -> Westminster),

although mostly Band 25, and average speeds in the 5-8Mbit/s range with

occasional peaks in the 20-30Mbit/s range if I'm close to a tower.

Edited by Daemon42