Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Notice how it is the best in the Metro Area. Just don't ever drive beyond the 470. If you notice it says that Verizon is the best in Colorado, Tmo is only the best inside the Denver Metro.

Additionally, it says Tmo is the worst at call connections and connection speed. I'm not sure what connection speed means in this context. Is it the speed in which devices connect to data? I have no idea. Strange metric.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

new here. glad I found this forum, looks like LTE in Denver is coming along. If the rumor holds up that the iPhone 6 will have Qualcomm's MDM9625 LTE modem, does that mean that the iPhone 6 will support SPARK(connect to all 3 bands)? if that question makes sense. I have been happy with sprint for 10 years but my 4s only on 3G is at the end of its usefulness, in terms of mobile data.

Thanks!

new here. glad I found this forum, looks like LTE in Denver is coming along. If the rumor holds up that the iPhone 6 will have Qualcomm's MDM9625 LTE modem, does that mean that the iPhone 6 will support SPARK(connect to all 3 bands)? if that question makes sense. I have been happy with sprint for 10 years but my 4s only on 3G is at the end of its usefulness, in terms of mobile data.

Thanks!

That's only one obstacle. The last iPhone chipset/modem support Spark. Apple chose not to take the extra steps to include it. Although popular consensus is that Apple will this time, there is no guarantee.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Guys, I may have found some sort of wireless twilight zone here in Thornton. Whenever I stop at this intersection (Eppinger and 88th), I will have full bars on LTE and 3G. However, data doesn't transmit. Cant load webpages or apps. But once I reach the next intersection after that, data starts working again. Pretty sure it isn't my phone since it works everywhere but that intersection.

Guys, I may have found some sort of wireless twilight zone here in Thornton. Whenever I stop at this intersection (Eppinger and 88th), I will have full bars on LTE and 3G.

LTE and 3G at the same time? Or you just know you can have full bars in that spot.

Do you know what LTE band you are connected to in that spot?

I have full bars if I'm on LTE or 3G. I'm connected to band 25. That intersection is the only place where my phone doesn't transmit data regardless of full bars.

I had a B25 site in Thornton last summer where it would do the same thing at an intersection.  I don't remember which intersection, but it was near the tower off Thornton Pkwy.  But I remember thinking that there seemed to be a lot of interference, because of the signal quality and my AT&T phone was having issues too.  

Don't know if it's the same place or issue that you are experiencing now.  But it happened every time I went through that intersection.  I want to say it was near the police dept., because I wondered if that was the source of the interference.

Robert

Additionally, it says Tmo is the worst at call connections and connection speed. I'm not sure what connection speed means in this context. Is it the speed in which devices connect to data? I have no idea. Strange metric.

I would surmise that "connection speed" pertains to call setup time.

AJ

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got a hit on Spark around I-25 and US 34 near the Loveland Outlet mall yesterday in the drizzle. LTE Discovery app let me know, but it was after the connection. Interestingly, it didn't up my tower count, so I was picking up the FOCO tower. I wonder if the conditions with the weather were just right for it to bounce all the way down to me.

From 9/10 @noon til 9/12 @6pm I was getting a solid band 41 signal off 104th near Pecos for the first time, ever. Now this morning I am bouncing back and forth from a weak band 25 signal and 3g. Does this mean they are adjusting signals of towers in this area?

Lost LTE signal in my neighborhood, I rarely connect within the last week in my area. No changes on other towers just much less 3g and 4g around. It's a curious turn off events out here. Winner if they'll hit me with some spark, or they just tee aimed away from the neighborhoods over here. Tower location 40.425347, -104.811250

Hello, I joined this site because I am a former Sprint customer of many years. I do want to stress that I'm not bashing Sprint, I'm just disappointed and am looking for help from people who are probably knowledgeable about what's going on.

I left Sprint back in April to go to T-Mobile because I was tired of waiting for the LTE rollout to be completed, and status/time estimates were no longer reliable (same old "90 days" reassurances everyone else was getting). I migrated back to Sprint about 2 weeks ago because I was told that the LTE rollout was complete in Denver.

So far I'm not too impressed. The Sprint Store in Denver on Colfax and Wadsworth only gets 3G signal, same with the one in Belmar off Alameda and Wadsworth. I get no LTE at work in Lakewood, which is on Simms, down from Colfax to Alameda. Even here at my home right off of 6th and Broadway, which is pretty damn centrally located and IMO should have full LTE service - like I did on T-Mobile - I only get one bar, average about -102 dB signal. At my other job in NE Denver off I-70 and Washington, I only get about 1 bar of LTE signal. 2 bars is about all I can hope to get most places.

I really don't know what to do. I hate the fact that T-Mobile has a data cap, and that they only allow 50 MB of roaming data. That really screwed me when I was traveling this summer. I want to like Sprint, the price is good, but it's pointless if this is the best I can expect. I'm coming to you guys looking for guidance or reassurance that the LTE rollout is not complete and that things will improve, but right now, I'm considering sucking it up and paying a premium for Verizon so I can have solid LTE coverage wherever I go.

I was optimistic for the Network Vision plan, and I had planned to come back eventually, but is this all I can look forward to? Thank you for hearing me out.

Hello, I joined this site because I am a former Sprint customer of many years. I do want to stress that I'm not bashing Sprint, I'm just disappointed and am looking for help from people who are probably knowledgeable about what's going on.

I left Sprint back in April to go to T-Mobile because I was tired of waiting for the LTE rollout to be completed, and status/time estimates were no longer reliable (same old "90 days" reassurances everyone else was getting). I migrated back to Sprint about 2 weeks ago because I was told that the LTE rollout was complete in Denver.

So far I'm not too impressed. The Sprint Store in Denver on Colfax and Wadsworth only gets 3G signal, same with the one in Belmar off Alameda and Wadsworth. I get no LTE at work in Lakewood, which is on Simms, down from Colfax to Alameda. Even here at my home right off of 6th and Broadway, which is pretty damn centrally located and IMO should have full LTE service - like I did on T-Mobile - I only get one bar, average about -102 dB signal. At my other job in NE Denver off I-70 and Washington, I only get about 1 bar of LTE signal. 2 bars is about all I can hope to get most places.

I really don't know what to do. I hate the fact that T-Mobile has a data cap, and that they only allow 50 MB of roaming data. That really screwed me when I was traveling this summer. I want to like Sprint, the price is good, but it's pointless if this is the best I can expect. I'm coming to you guys looking for guidance or reassurance that the LTE rollout is not complete and that things will improve, but right now, I'm considering sucking it up and paying a premium for Verizon so I can have solid LTE coverage wherever I go.

I was optimistic for the Network Vision plan, and I had planned to come back eventually, but is this all I can look forward to? Thank you for hearing me out.

Network Vision hardware installation is pretty much completed in Denver.   All sites that are currently only broadcasting 3G, which your experiencing is just awaiting on integration crew to activate LTE once high speed back haul is in place.  All the hard part had been completed, Sprint is just doing the easy part of activating LTE to each site.

As in indoor coverage, 800Mhz CDMA and LTE on B26 too is being activated site by site.  Denver can only get better each day.  It is a matter of time Sprint will be the #1 network in Denver in call performance and data reliability.   The same are being said about Atlanta market being #1 and it is obvious because Network Vision is completed there also.

Sprint #1 on Reliability Index.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/atlanta-ga

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I should clarify that at each of the stores, I would notice that on rare occasion a phone would pick up a single bar of LTE signal. That is not true in Lakewood where I work. Is this an indicator that LTE is in fact turned on for that area, but just not optimized or tuned yet?

Again, not entirely sure how much I can expect it to improve. Hmm.

I moved here from the east at the beginning of the year. The amount of improvement I've seen in the network over the last 9 months has been huge. We're nearing the finish line now. As others have said, it's only going to get better from here.

Thanks for the reply.

I should clarify that at each of the stores, I would notice that on rare occasion a phone would pick up a single bar of LTE signal. That is not true in Lakewood where I work. Is this an indicator that LTE is in fact turned on for that area, but just not optimized or tuned yet?

I live in Lakewood and have yet to see any LTE except Green Mountain in limited areas and occasionally along 285. In fact I was on Kipling south of Alameda today and had 1x data. Not even Pandora could work with that. It's usually 3G along that route so I'm taking that as progress that changes are being made on that main thoroughfare. I've been on this forum for over a year following the progress and would otherwise be agitating at work for a different carrier. It would appear that Lakewood will be the last neighborhood in the last major metro area to receive Sprint Spark.

I live in Lakewood and have yet to see any LTE except Green Mountain in limited areas and occasionally along 285. In fact I was on Kipling south of Alameda today and had 1x data. Not even Pandora could work with that. It's usually 3G along that route so I'm taking that as progress that changes are being made on that main thoroughfare. I've been on this forum for over a year following the progress and would otherwise be agitating at work for a different carrier. It would appear that Lakewood will be the last neighborhood in the last major metro area to receive Sprint Spark.

That's weird, Sensorly shows some 60+ Mbps LTE tests done around Lakewood, that's Sprint Spark speeds.

Thanks for the reply.

Many sites are on new NV hardware but 3G. Give it some time as LTE coming on to those sites everyday. Band 26 is around the corner and we have received confirmation 8T8R is actively being deployed.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but before upgrading to iOS 8 on my iPhone 5 I would frequently switch between LTE and 3G at home (around Simms and Belleview) It has not switched back to 3G once in about 24 hours and I've held an LTE signal all the way to Simms and Ken Caryl.

Absolutely incredible for this area.