Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

5 hours ago, rocketr said:

I noticed a few things... after the update it forced a profile update. There also was an update to the Samsung Phone application. I think it is prepping for VoLTE for sure. 

Likewise for the unlocked version. It makes sense.

1 hour ago, rocketr said:

It doesn't do it automatically you need to go to your Galaxy Apps or do an about on phone to get the update there. 

I tried that no updates, what is the new verison number perhaps it updated and didn't realize it. Mine is 3.0.30.10. I have a Sprint branded 9+.

Edited by BlueAngel

8 hours ago, SturgeonGeneral said:

The other was August 1 security. Yours shows Sept 1 I can't pull it manually -yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

No the other said August update but it was already on the August update also that one forced a profile update. This one is just the Sept security update.

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

No the other said August update but it was already on the August update also that one forced a profile update. This one is just the Sept security update.

You would think this one would be the volte update considering it's the second one in a week.

6 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Has anyone else noticed that b41 is not kicking in as often with the new update?? 

I have.  Didn't really think much of it until you said something too but yeah at home where I'm right next to a b41 clear site and always on it I've been stuck on a weak b26 signal.  Same symptoms at work too which is downtown I am not on b41 like I used to be

4 hours ago, deankelem said:

I have.  Didn't really think much of it until you said something too but yeah at home where I'm right next to a b41 clear site and always on it I've been stuck on a weak b26 signal.  Same symptoms at work too which is downtown I am not on b41 like I used to be

Yeah. It's really bad. I'm not getting b41 until I'm right on the tower. This update came with a dud radio baseband.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Yeah. It's really bad. I'm not getting b41 until I'm right on the tower. This update came with a dud radio baseband.

It seems to be back to normal now that I did a profile update and changes the band priorities back to the way I had them and rebooted.  Once it caught b41 it now stays on it like normal.

On 8/3/2018 at 12:19 AM, ingenium said:

How long have you had it? It should eventually learn the RF environment, and learn what is available in places that you frequent. It's stored in the modem. You can try wiping provisioning data (*#*#72786#*#*) and that may clear this cache and force it to start fresh.

Also, what band is the phone connected to? I've noticed that phones prefer a weak macro b41 signal to the magic box, and my Pixel 2 XL regularly switches from my magic box to a weak macro signal in areas of my house where I pick it up. Once it drops to b25 or 26 it immediately goes back to the magic box. It's possible the S9 is better at holding the macro b41 signal than the s8+.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I just got my Galaxy S9 within the past week.  I am running SCP. The results are interesting.  It seems to stay stable on Sprint B25, but it does see on the report some other B25,B26 and sometimes a B41 neighbor cells all with only slightly higher negative numbers.

This is all when WiFi is disabled on the S9.  My WiFi is 5 GHZ running anywhere from 260 Mps to 650 Mps. I have for short periods seen WiFi faster speeds.