• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got the first Android 10 beta update for my S9, and it had the VOLTE toggle on it. Hurray

August security patch is out ARH3, 270mb  

Got a chance to compare the GS9 against the V20's radio.  Holy Jesus! The GS9+'s radio performance is in another stratosphere! 30-60% better speeds on average. Also holds onto B41 quite a bit mor

Posted Images

On 11/5/2018 at 11:08 PM, 808Bill said:

Just got it for my unlocked S9 as well. Security fix plus slow-mo camera new feature.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Did the notes say anything about this "slow-mo" feature? Or you just found it? 

Did the notes say anything about this "slow-mo" feature? Or you just found it? 
It was in the notes. It added the ability to change from a 4 second clip to a 2 second clip in super slow motion.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Here we go again with the Betas.......

https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-one-ui

Sprint Calling Plus is NOT working at the moment. I'm going to try to get into the program if I can, but wait for Beta 2 then......

I don't see anything yet in my Samsung+ app. Please let the thread know if you do get in, etc.

To get into the Beta, install the Samsung+ Beta app from APKmirror: 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd-2/samsung/samsung-11-2-1-0-release/samsung-11-2-1-0-android-apk-download/download/

Then, once you are in there, you'll see a banner asking if you want in, register and boop, you're in. 

Still deciding if I want to pull the trigger on this Beta......

• Like 1
And you joined it? installed it? is it usable? 
So far so good.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, imex99 said:

Very nice, smooth so far!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boy, I haven't found much that's broken here yet? Much better than the S8 one last year!! 

Camera shutter can be disabled with toggle, so I'm sure that'll disappear in the final build. 

• Like 1

[emoji817]

Very smooth, decent battery from install, very impressed and hopefully it only improves and even better on the s10!

Boy, I haven't found much that's broken here yet? Much better than the S8 one last year!! 
Camera shutter can be disabled with toggle, so I'm sure that'll disappear in the final build. 
This is a million times more stable than the S8 beta last year and it seems like Google Pay still works. 
Feels really polished, nice and smooth plus the dark theme is awesome.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Really feels like a new phone, not that it was horrible by any means but the gestures, the dark theme and general ui it's fantastic.

Night Mode keeps crashing on me, back to white theme. Weird. But overall that's the only issue I have run into. I know Calling Plus doesn't work but WiFi calling does, which is what I need. Still impressed. 

• Like 1

Ok so I like where this is going only now my Samsung + app is crashing even after a reinstall, also I have like a blue lite filter effect or some yellow tint i can't get rid of ...yea i know it's a beta and to be expected but seems I'm the only one with these issues so far or are there others ?

4 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Night Mode keeps crashing on me, back to white theme. Weird. But overall that's the only issue I have run into. I know Calling Plus doesn't work but WiFi calling does, which is what I need. Still impressed. 

Fine for me luckily but I did clear my cache partition after install, try that might help.

4 minutes ago, geezio said:

Ok so I like where this is going only now my Samsung + app is crashing even after a reinstall, also I have like a blue lite filter effect or some yellow tint i can't get rid of ...yea i know it's a beta and to be expected but seems I'm the only one with these issues so far or are there others ?

My Samsung+ app is now renamed Samsung members, I don't know why but it's working fine. Edit - I'm sorry now I have both and the Samsung+ app does crash with this crazy red screen. 

Edited by BlueAngel

I tell ya, all my stuff works. Bluetooth, WiFi-calling (Calling Plus doesn't but that's known), all my Trigger routines work fine (which can be an issue after some updates), notifications have no issue, no app crashes, as mentioned - Google Play services working like a champ, SMS, MMS, backup syncing, wireless charging, fast-wireless charging. Just a few design oddities here and there that they'll iron out, but man, I'm really pleased and whoever is in charge of this Beta should get a promotion. 

Camera works just as well / fast / clear too. Samsung members app seems to be fine for me and not crashing. 

GX2QkFsm.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By mdob07
      Its almost time for the next iteration of Samsung's Galaxy Phones! I'm planning on pre-ordering either the S20+ or Ultra. Current Rumors have it going on Pre-order February 11.  Let the discussion commence...

• By lilotimz
      Samsung Network Vision equipment are highly distinct and fairly easy to spot compared to the equipment that other vendors are deploying. Sprint is Samsung's first extremely massive American contract (baring Clearwire) so there  should be no issues in confusing these equipment for another carrier which happens often with Ericsson NV equipment.

Below are images of Samsung equipment which includes antennas, remote radio units, base stations, and their mounting configurations. 

Samsung antenna with eSMR 800 RRU & PCS 1900 RRU

A close look at a Samsung setup

Next Generation Samsung Configuration
      RRH-P4 4T4R 1.9 GHz  | RRH-C4 4T4R 800 MHz| RRH-V3 2.5 GHz

Next Generation 8 Port Dual Band Antenna Setup 
      4 port 800 MHz RRH-C4 800

(source: dkyeager)

(source: dkyeager)
      Narrow beam setup

High Capacity Site with 2 Antennas & 3 RRUs (2x PCS & 1x SMR).
      Second antenna is PCS only for now.

Canadian IBEZ (NO SMR)

Special Case PCS Only Setup for Canadian IBEZ

Close up of standard antenna connectors 

Samsung Cabinets

Powerpoint slides from Samsung / Sprint
      *disclaimer - all  powerpoint diagrams and images were found through public municipality online databases and is by no means misappropriated through malicious means*
      *Credit goes to those whom took pictures of these equipment. You know who you are*
    • By S4GRU
      by Jeff Foster
      Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
      Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 7:46 PM MST

Since last fall, there had been talk of a Samsung Galaxy Nexus launching on American carriers other than Big Red. Sprint has finally announced several weeks ago that it is the another vendor slated for release in the U.S. Suffice to say, many of us out there, especially those adverse to heading to Verizon and paying its premium prices, are excited about the impending release.
      The good news is that Google could be working on an updated version of the Galaxy Nexus. It has unofficially been dubbed the Galaxy Nexus Plus. There is much anticipation that it will be released before Sprint turns on LTE this summer. It’s not the first time an OEM has refreshed a device and re-released it to the market place, which works to our advantage. It’s rumored that the new Galaxy Nexus will have either a 1.5 or 1.8 GHz Texas Instrument OMAP4670 dual core processor. This would be a significant upgrade from the 1.2 GHz dual core processor found in the current Verizon version.
      We don’t know anything about official specs, but it’s also rumored to have an 8 MP camera. This is a noteworthy upgrade to the 5 MP shooter on the Verizon model (which has been lauded by many techies). We already know that the Sprint model will come installed with Google Wallet, per previous announcements. Some rumors also point to a beefier battery as well. The phone should have all the other features that’s on the current Galaxy Nexus, so now all we have to do is wait.

Source: http://androidandme....era-on-the-way/
    • By danlodish345
      hello all i feel i should start a note 9 rumor thread  please post rumors and what not here.
    • By jreuschl
      Noticed on TM Reddit that the S8 Active is coming unlocked, so would be compatible with Sprint.
      (Also supports TM B71)
    • Has anyone started having issues with their MagicBox in the last few days?  any device of mine that is connecting to the MB is terribly slow and very unstable network connections.  We turn off the MB and we are somewhat stable on B26/weak B25/41 connections.  I did a full factory reset on the MB and the issue still persists.   Has anything changed with the B41 carriers that are being used for the backhaul of these devices?
    • Today I confirmed I'm able to connect to our Magicbox now with my T-Mobile phone. 
    • Good point re: Dish being interested. They could ask for divestiture of Family Mobile and SIMple Mobile brands, since both use T-Mobile exclusively, and swapping them over would minimize the impact to those subscribers, while providing Dish an even larger customer base. I'm sure T-Mobile gives Dish a better deal than they do Tracfone, as not only does Dish have a larger subscriber base (Boost is larger than Tracfone's entire non-VZW customer base), but they negotiated their MVNO agreement when T-Mobile had to get the deal done to merge. Dish could push for divesting T-Mobile based customers from the other multi-carrier brands (Tracfone proper, Straight Talk, Net10, SafeLink), but splitting out the brands might be more trouble than it's worth at that point. Moving an entire brand over would be simpler, even if those brands are sitting on a unified backend on Tracfone's side. Dish will have a billing system of their own to migrate folks to anyway.