Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

On 11/5/2018 at 11:08 PM, 808Bill said:

Just got it for my unlocked S9 as well. Security fix plus slow-mo camera new feature.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Did the notes say anything about this "slow-mo" feature? Or you just found it? 

Did the notes say anything about this "slow-mo" feature? Or you just found it? 
It was in the notes. It added the ability to change from a 4 second clip to a 2 second clip in super slow motion.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Here we go again with the Betas.......

https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-one-ui

Sprint Calling Plus is NOT working at the moment. I'm going to try to get into the program if I can, but wait for Beta 2 then......

I don't see anything yet in my Samsung+ app. Please let the thread know if you do get in, etc.

To get into the Beta, install the Samsung+ Beta app from APKmirror: 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd-2/samsung/samsung-11-2-1-0-release/samsung-11-2-1-0-android-apk-download/download/

Then, once you are in there, you'll see a banner asking if you want in, register and boop, you're in. 

Still deciding if I want to pull the trigger on this Beta......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, imex99 said:

Very nice, smooth so far!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boy, I haven't found much that's broken here yet? Much better than the S8 one last year!! 

Camera shutter can be disabled with toggle, so I'm sure that'll disappear in the final build. 

• Like 1

[emoji817]

Very smooth, decent battery from install, very impressed and hopefully it only improves and even better on the s10!

Boy, I haven't found much that's broken here yet? Much better than the S8 one last year!! 
Camera shutter can be disabled with toggle, so I'm sure that'll disappear in the final build. 
This is a million times more stable than the S8 beta last year and it seems like Google Pay still works. 
Feels really polished, nice and smooth plus the dark theme is awesome.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Really feels like a new phone, not that it was horrible by any means but the gestures, the dark theme and general ui it's fantastic.

Night Mode keeps crashing on me, back to white theme. Weird. But overall that's the only issue I have run into. I know Calling Plus doesn't work but WiFi calling does, which is what I need. Still impressed. 

• Like 1

Ok so I like where this is going only now my Samsung + app is crashing even after a reinstall, also I have like a blue lite filter effect or some yellow tint i can't get rid of ...yea i know it's a beta and to be expected but seems I'm the only one with these issues so far or are there others ?

4 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Night Mode keeps crashing on me, back to white theme. Weird. But overall that's the only issue I have run into. I know Calling Plus doesn't work but WiFi calling does, which is what I need. Still impressed. 

Fine for me luckily but I did clear my cache partition after install, try that might help.

4 minutes ago, geezio said:

Ok so I like where this is going only now my Samsung + app is crashing even after a reinstall, also I have like a blue lite filter effect or some yellow tint i can't get rid of ...yea i know it's a beta and to be expected but seems I'm the only one with these issues so far or are there others ?

My Samsung+ app is now renamed Samsung members, I don't know why but it's working fine. Edit - I'm sorry now I have both and the Samsung+ app does crash with this crazy red screen. 

Edited by BlueAngel

I tell ya, all my stuff works. Bluetooth, WiFi-calling (Calling Plus doesn't but that's known), all my Trigger routines work fine (which can be an issue after some updates), notifications have no issue, no app crashes, as mentioned - Google Play services working like a champ, SMS, MMS, backup syncing, wireless charging, fast-wireless charging. Just a few design oddities here and there that they'll iron out, but man, I'm really pleased and whoever is in charge of this Beta should get a promotion. 

Camera works just as well / fast / clear too. Samsung members app seems to be fine for me and not crashing. 

GX2QkFsm.jpg

• Like 1