Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Software-Update-Samsung-Galaxy-S9-G960U-06-21-2018/m-p/1007556/highlight/false#M4663

Samsung - Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U)

Software Version:

G960USQS2ARF4

Release Date: 06/21/2018
Method: Available Over the Air + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Maintenance release includes security patches from March- June 2018 as well as the IRIS recognition fix and UFS fix.

EDIT: Wait that's for AF4, not ARF9

On 6/28/2018 at 5:06 PM, NanoVirus said:

Has anyone using the unlocked s9+ been able to get RCS messaging to work on the Samsung app?

Nope. But it works fine in Android Messages which is the better app in my personal opinion. 

20 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Nope. But it works fine in Android Messages which is the better app in my personal opinion. 

True, I just like the aspect of Samsung Messages retaining shared media files.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else seen problems with settings not being maintained after a restart of the phone? Specifically, I'm seeing 24 hour clock mode and high accuracy location mode both reset to defaults of 12 hour and power saving. Is there a way to keep them from being reset or can they be set in a profile someplace? Unlocked version 9+.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, SturgeonGeneral said:

Has anyone else seen problems with settings not being maintained after a restart of the phone? Specifically, I'm seeing 24 hour clock mode and high accuracy location mode both reset to defaults of 12 hour and power saving. Is there a way to keep them from being reset or can they be set in a profile someplace? Unlocked version 9+.

I have same results with location settings. Mine is unlocked as well

20 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Mmm how much are the phones worth unlocked?

Not sure, I bought mine from samsung unlocked to avoid bloat. That's one thing I like about apple. 

• Like 1

Not sure, I bought mine from samsung unlocked to avoid bloat. That's one thing I like about apple. 
I might actually get a unlocked iPhone instead I don't know yet. But Samsung is still a choice with the S8 though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is lte roaming working on this phone?
I have had good luck outside of coverage in the Iowa Mo River valley area and Eastern Nebraska.

9+ unlocked. I have collected a lot of sites on my signal check logs.

16 hours ago, gr8nuguy said:

He has the s9+ , technically a different phone but he said no dice for s9+

15 hours ago, Rickie546 said:

Nope still no LTE roaming of any kind on my s9+

Rickie

Odd that the normal S9 would seem to allow roaming but the (Sprint locked) S9+ does not.

17 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Odd that the normal S9 would seem to allow roaming but the (Sprint locked) S9+ does not.

I'm confused now, the Sprint variant S9+ does LTE roam, I've roamed on USCC here in Wisconsin absolutely. Are you talking about solely the Unlocked S9+ being used on Sprint's network?? 

2 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

I'm confused now, the Sprint variant S9+ does LTE roam, I've roamed on USCC here in Wisconsin absolutely. Are you talking about solely the Unlocked S9+ being used on Sprint's network?? 

No, @Rickie546 has as Sprint variant S9+ and it refuses to LTE roam on USCC or AT&T. I'm not sure if he's been elsewhere to test any of the other extended network partners.