Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

How come when i have my headphone plugged in to the phone it still rings or makes the notification sound out loud through the phone itself along with in the headphones?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How come when i have my headphone plugged in to the phone it still rings or makes the notification sound out loud through the phone itself along with in the headphones?

I thought it was just me. Same thing happens to me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I thought it was just me. Same thing happens to me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That's Android (AFAIK).  Always has been, probably always will be.  Every phone I've had does this. 

• Like 1

Thank goodness for this update. It apparently fixed an annoying issue where Google services like YouTube, Play Store app updates, etc. refused to work for me while on my home wifi.

• Like 1

Thank goodness for this update. It apparently fixed an annoying issue where Google services like YouTube, Play Store app updates, etc. refused to work for me while on my home wifi.

Never mind. It worked just fine for a little over a day then went back to doing the same crap. No idea what the problem is. /shrug

Never mind. It worked just fine for a little over a day then went back to doing the same crap. No idea what the problem is. /shrug

Have not had that issue.  Try to go into safe mode and see if it gives you the same error.

it is usually a 3rd party app causing the issue.

Found the instructions already written out on another page.. 

HOW TO START GALAXY NOTE 5 IN SAFE MODE

The Safe Mode is the first fail-safe procedure you can use to diagnose a problem. Once the device has booted up in this mode, all third-party or downloaded apps would be temporarily disabled leaving pre-installed and core services running.

1. Turn off the phone completely.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. Once ‘Samsung Galaxy Note5’ shows, release the Power key and immediately press and hold the Volume Down button.
  4. The phone will restart but keep the Vol Down button pressed.
  5. Once the phone has finished restarting, ‘Safe mode’ will be display in the lower-left corner of the screen.
  6. You may now release the Volume Down button.

Now that the phone is in safe mode, you can…

• Continue your troubleshooting
  • Use your phone without third-party apps
  • Backup your data to the cloud or through a computer
  • Observe your phone for firmware-related issues

• Like 2

Have not had that issue. Try to go into safe mode and see if it gives you the same error.

it is usually a 3rd party app causing the issue.

Found the instructions already written out on another page..

That's already proven to be a good starting point. Thanks for the heads up! Now to start the process elimination, ugh...

I updated my Note 5 to Marshmallow last night. Not too bad and getting used to it. A few things I didn't care too much about.

The weather/temp has disappeared from the lock screen. Doesn't look like there is any settings in the widget to change this. Messages app is very white. Can't change the color besides when you are in a text. Battery life hasn't had a big improvement.

What weather apps are suggested to use?

I updated my Note 5 to Marshmallow last night. Not too bad and getting used to it. A few things I didn't care too much about.

The weather/temp has disappeared from the lock screen. Doesn't look like there is any settings in the widget to change this. Messages app is very white. Can't change the color besides when you are in a text. Battery life hasn't had a big improvement.

What weather apps are suggested to use?

I use Weather Timeline and MyRadar for weather. They're not full of bloat or ads and are very clean looking. Weather Timeline uses Forecast.io information which is very accurate, I've found.

Use Textra instead of Messages. Make sure to enable "use WiFi" for WiFi calling MMS. Textra is the best for customization, hands down.

The weather/temp has disappeared from the lock screen. Doesn't look like there is any settings in the widget to change this.

This is my #1 complaint about the Marshmallow update.  Does anyone know if the entire ability to have "live wallpaper" on lockscreens was removed from Marshmallow?  Is this a Google or Samsung issue?  I tried seeing if there was a way to add a weather lockscreen widget but didn't find anything.

Does anyone have any info/idea on how to get weather info back on the lockscreen?

Not better for the Note 5. We did update a Note 4 and made a big RF improvement.

Can't say I see much of a difference on my Note 4.. You sure you are basing that on actual dB and not the signal bars which has been changed in newer Sprint updates?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

plus marshmallow made the phone worse i think. Just my opinion.

The simple fact that I don't have to dismiss the high volume warning every time I connect to bluetooth headphones and my car is reason enough for me to LOVE the M update to this phone.  There's nothing I view as negative in this update, IMO.  Well, I guess the strange behavior that my watch has with the Google Music, but I can't pin that on the M update to the Note5.

• Like 1

plus marshmallow made the phone worse i think. Just my opinion.

I'm going to have to disagree. The fingerprint scanner is much more accurate and faster, benchmarks point to an improvement, standby time has improved significantly, it added the fingerprint api for apps and google play, being able to take pictures and look through the gallery is genius. The slight hit in rf performance, signal check pro notification problems, and lock screen weather issues are the only drawbacks.

• Like 1