Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

0ecfacdb5abaf27e99ff3494ae565739.jpg hopefully this is a good thing and they're working on it or I am just being played.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Have you tried the network reset mentioned?

Have you tried the network reset mentioned?

Yeah no improvement unfortunately, I'm with a friend now with a Note 5 on Verizon and he said service got worse for him as well after marshmallow, he's seeing 3G a lot like we all are.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1

Experiencing the same thing here in San Diego. For an example. Always had solid LTE at home/work for months, but see flip flopping with more 3G, more than normal in a handful of places. Very odd seeing a little more 3G, and a couple of 1x at home, along with LTE signals at home ranging anywhere from -110 dBM to -118 dBm, compared to solid signals of -94 dBm to -102 dBm on a consistent basis. I called Sprint a week ago, asked what is up. A rep told me no issues with towers near me, and no reports of traffic. A ticket was submitted for engineers to look at, and was suppose to get a call back, but nothing since then.

Experiencing the same thing here in San Diego. For an example. Always had solid LTE at home/work for months, but see flip flopping with more 3G, more than normal in a handful of places. Very odd seeing a little more 3G, and a couple of 1x at home, along with LTE signals at home ranging anywhere from -110 dBM to -118 dBm, compared to solid signals of -94 dBm to -102 dBm on a consistent basis. I called Sprint a week ago, asked what is up. A rep told me no issues with towers near me, and no reports of traffic. A ticket was submitted for engineers to look at, and was suppose to get a call back, but nothing since then.

Yeah same experience for me, I haven't seen 3G in almost 2 years now suddenly that's all I see. And for the first time in 2 years I actually roamed on Verizon at a place where I would normally have 3G, it's terrible. Something is seriously wrong.

Yeah same experience for me, I haven't seen 3G in almost 2 years now suddenly that's all I see. And for the first time in 2 years I actually roamed on Verizon at a place where I would normally have 3G, it's terrible. Something is seriously wrong.

I agree with the roaming. I was on a 1 week vacation last week. Went to 4 different lakes throughout San Diego, and every location I to was roaming on Verizon. 1 lake I actually experienced using data for the very first time roaming on Verizon EVDO that was pretty snappy. Usually data is useless.

I know its off topic but I thought Walmart Pay only works in Alabama right now? Well here in Florida its at at least 2 of my local Walmarts and it works. It still was not faster than samsung pay though and to use Walmart pay it has to be at self checkout while smasung pay works anywhere.

For those of you that are experiencing the phone stuck on 3g or band 26 more then often check under Mobile network / network Mode and make sure that your phone is set for LTE / CDMA  and NOT TO AUTOMATIC/ GLOBAL. I was playing around with ##data# and noticed when the phone was set to global it would be hanging on to 3g most of the time. Please check and report back the setting of your phone. 

That's what I've been on the whole time, lte/CDMA... I've always had all my phones on that. I have trouble with it hanging up a lot.. Usually when I traveling through areas where before it would flip to 3g and then within 5 seconds would flip back.. Now it goes to 3g and will be on there for minutes at a time unless I toggle either data or airplane mode.. I can't tell you how it reacts on global.

• Like 1

For those of you that are experiencing the phone stuck on 3g or band 26 more then often check under Mobile network / network Mode and make sure that your phone is set for LTE / CDMA and NOT TO AUTOMATIC/ GLOBAL. I was playing around with ##data# and noticed when the phone was set to global it would be hanging on to 3g most of the time. Please check and report back the setting of your phone.

I did that a few weeks ago and it makes a big difference but its still slow to reconnect to LTE. It can take up to 5 mins. It used to check for LTE like crazy.
  • Like 1

I did that a few weeks ago and it makes a big difference but its still slow to reconnect to LTE. It can take up to 5 mins. It used to check for LTE like crazy.

I have had 3 different Note 5 in the last 3 weeks and none of them have experience this issue in Hawaii. My original one the Mic Stopped working, the 1st replacement the batt will not last more than 4 hours with light use and the last one that I receive about a week ago is as good as my original one. 

Does setting the NextLTE do anything to reduce LTE scan times? I am not experiencing this getting stuck on 3G, or maybe I don't notice if I do get stuck.

Does setting the NextLTE do anything to reduce LTE scan times? I am not experiencing this getting stuck on 3G, or maybe I don't notice if I do get stuck.

I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to change the values but I don't want to break anything.

I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to change the values but I don't want to break anything.

On my Galaxy S5, that value meant the number of minutes the phone scanned for LTE whenever it was on 3G or roaming. I had mine always set to 1 and would see LTE back on my phone as soon as I came back to Sprint's native coverage. Of course, it will also drain my battery slightly faster, but not by much.

Keep in mind that this was on the Galaxy s5. It wouldn't hurt to try it. If you're scared that it may break something else, a simple Profile update and phone reboot will take everything back to stock.

I swear this phone is getting worse and worse, when I just pulled up my street I noticed Spotify was no longer streaming, was stuck on 3G and didn't go back to LTE until about 10 minutes later... WTH. I am so tempted to go back to Lollipop just to have a normal phone again, Marshmallow is not worth it.

Eh finally talking to someone on the Executive CEO line on twitter, maybe they will tell me some truth about the issue if they even have a clue. Will report back with any findings.

hopefully good news.

I'm ready an iPhone of this keeps up.

Haha just kidding