Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Or maybe it was so quick in the transition before that you never knew you lost lte.. That's the way it is for me in Louisiana.. Before it would flash 3g and then be back on lte... Now when it goes to 3g it hangs up for about 15 minutes or until I turn data off and on again.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Or maybe it was so quick in the transition before that you never knew you lost lte.. That's the way it is for me in Louisiana.. Before it would flash 3g and then be back on lte... Now when it goes to 3g it hangs up for about 15 minutes or until I turn data off and on again.

It was fine up until a week ago, never did this before. And I have been on marshmallow since it was available.

Anybody having gps issues when using google maps?

Since update it's been bad

Yep! I thought I was the only one. Starts off fine then it looses a so called connection/signal that takes up to 30 sec to connect back it seems. I've missed turns and exits on a couple occasions to this.

Yep! I thought I was the only one. Starts off fine then it looses a so called connection/signal that takes up to 30 sec to connect back it seems. I've missed turns and exits on a couple occasions to this.

I used my GPS a lot this weekend on vacation and I didn't experience any issues.

I used my GPS a lot this weekend on vacation and I didn't experience any issues.

It happens to me everytime I use it. I'll capture a screenshot of it to show an example heading to work tomorrow. It only happens when heading to, and from destinations.

I'm not impressed with this update. I see 3G a lot more after the update. It does take a long time to switch back to LTE if it's on 3G. 

• Like 1

Does this phone not have the Sprint Wireless Connection Optimizer? Is there anything 3rd party that will connect to and automatically acknowledge T&Cs of a hotpot like at a grocery store without user intervention?

Does this phone not have the Sprint Wireless Connection Optimizer? Is there anything 3rd party that will connect to and automatically acknowledge T&Cs of a hotpot like at a grocery store without user intervention?

It doesnt. You dont want the connection optimizer because it uses battery when it is not needed since it is constantly running.

When i had it in the older galaxy phones, i would disable it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Passpoint is supposed to help in this regard, which phones have in the WiFi Advanced menu, but I have no idea if it works, I've never had it latch on to a store WiFi and auto accept the Active Portal terms.  Such a PITA about WiFi.  Home Depot, man, if it just worked properly at Home Depot I'd be a happy man.  Lord knows Sprint will never work in my Home Depot.

So this update is still crap. Can't hold onto lte at the edge any more. Drops to 3g in an instant. Also stays on band 25 more than normal when I've been connected too 41. So irritated.

Hopefully they send out an update or something.

So this update is still crap. Can't hold onto lte at the edge any more. Drops to 3g in an instant. Also stays on band 25 more than normal when I've been connected too 41. So irritated.

The really frustrating part is that there is NO way to communicate to Sprint developers or Samsung developers what is wrong either. You just have to hope they see it on their test devices.  There used to be a direct line to them, but that was almost 6 years ago now.  Sprint forums are 3rd party managed now and are garbage. 

EDIT: you can still call in and make a ticket and hope an engineer takes a look at it closer, but that's such a hassle. 

Agreed. What used to be a great RF phone is not after this update. I see 3G a lot more after the update.

The really frustrating part is that there is NO way to communicate to Sprint developers or Samsung developers what is wrong either. You just have to hope they see it on their test devices. There used to be a direct line to them, but that was almost 6 years ago now. Sprint forums are 3rd party managed now and are garbage.

EDIT: you can still call in and make a ticket and hope an engineer takes a look at it closer, but that's such a hassle.

think i will try that. So frustrating. This was a great phone

My Verizon line has similar issues on Marshmallow. I think Samsung fucked something up with RF from Lollipop to Marshmallow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I contacted Sprint on twitter about the problem, they said it's a manufacturer problem... Well yeah no crap but it's a device on your network so you have to support it no? waiting to hear back from my snarky comment. I asked them to have their engineers or whatever look into the issue.

We understand how frustrating it maybe and we do apologize for the inconvenience that is caused. However, at this moment the Samsung company is working together with us to resolve this issue. We at Sprint first priority is our customers and when they are unpleased we are also. We ask of you to have a little more patience with us please. We are really trying our best to have this resolved. NazeeraA

So maybe they know about it? or they just said that to shut me up?

Edited by BlueAngel