Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

As I have said previously, my phone on marshmallow is just the same on LTE as it was on lollipop. Don't know why some are having issues.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Do your phone switch often to 3g in your market or says on LTE majority of the time? That happens only when switches over to 3g, it takes a long time to get it back to LTE on areas were you know there's LTE signal

Same here nothing has change since then!

Do your phone switch often to 3g in your market or says on LTE majority of the time? That happens only when switches over to 3g, it takes a long time to get it back to LTE on areas were you know there's LTE signal

I see 3G rarely, 99.9% of the time I am on LTE.

• Like 1

I see 3G rarely, 99.9% of the time I am on LTE.

Wish I was that lucky. Where I live does have great LTE coverage & I tend to stay on LTE about 85% of the time however does drop to 3G at times. Note 5 does take sometime to go back to LTE after connecting to 3G. 

My fingerprint sensor sucks after this update! Cleared caches and eeerrthang

a trick i like to use is to use the home button to wake up the phone, and leave the thumb on the button for the fingerprint, rather than using the power button and then try to fingerprint.  seems to help

a trick i like to use is to use the home button to wake up the phone, and leave the thumb on the button for the fingerprint, rather than using the power button and then try to fingerprint.  seems to help

This is what I do and have done since the day I got the Note5 on launch.  The fingerprint sensor is definitely slower / not as quick to recognize my print.  Sure it's probably 0.01 seconds slower but I find myself having to go to 2, 3, 4 attempts to get it to unlock.  I've even retrained all my prints.  Unfortunate really, but I'll survive.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying Flipboard briefing, and/or disable it period? I can't find the app, unless it's built in somewhere. The only option I have is turning briefing off, but even when it's still off, I still get alerts on top if my screen. This is all I'm working with.

Screenshot_20160527_121607.jpg

Does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying Flipboard briefing, and/or disable it period? I can't find the app, unless it's built in somewhere. The only option I have is turning briefing off, but even when it's still off, I still get alerts on top if my screen. This is all I'm working with.

Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en

It's called Briefing "flipboard.boxer.app"

• Like 1

Screenshot_20160527_121607.jpg

You should clear the data for the app in settings> application manager

Then diasble. I dont think you can uninstall since its a system app

Unless you are rooted, there are ways to uninstall it...

Clearing data, force close, then disable should do the trick

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wish band 26 rf was just littlte bit stronger i be on lte 99 percent then not 85%. Coverage i wish was better .

The note 5 is one of the strongest band 26 performers around. If your only getting LTE around 85% of the time then it is a general coverage issue and every device is going to be like that.

Anybody having gps issues when using google maps?

Since update it's been bad

I have not. Use it everyday and it's been fine.  Like you just can't get a GPS lock?  Use an app like GPS test to see if you're having issues with GPS in general. 

It always says gps signal lost. Intersections it is continuously trying to figure out my direction im pointing. Wasn't like this before

What does GPS test say?  Signal lost? 

Anyone else noticing 3G more often or is it just me? my typical ride to and from work I would be on LTE 99% of the time except for one spot where even Verizon loses signal, but now I am going onto 3G about 50% of the time which makes streaming Spotify a stuttering nightmare. Started happening about a week ago, when I am at home things are as peachy as ever. Maybe they are doing some optimization on the towers or something? or they turned down the power for some reason I don't know.

• Like 1

Already been mentioned a couple pages back.. Slower time frame to jump back to lte now than before

That is not the problem, the problem is losing LTE in places I never did in the past.