Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

i think i may have found the issue...I've had power save mode on and it always seemed to cut out when the screen dimmed and goes black or when i push the button to make it go to sleep..i turned off the power save feature and started up pandora and pushed the power button to make it go to sleep and it kept playing and hasn't stopped. it didn't do that before the update when i had the power save mode active. to the guy with the issue with the alarm, did you have the power save mode turned on?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yes, I am encountering streaming issues since the 6.0.1 update. I typically have an iHeart alarm for a news channel and then about 7 minutes later I have a Pandora music alarm scheduled that stops the news and starts music. Now neither one of them works properly, if at all. Sometimes if I pick the silent phone up to look at it then one or the other will start up but they don't do it without physical contact. I have cleared and reset the alarms but it hasn't helped. Next I'll try uninstalling the apps.

look at my last post concerning power save mode and let me know if you have that feature on.

i think i may have found the issue...I've had power save mode on and it always seemed to cut out when the screen dimmed and goes black or when i push the button to make it go to sleep..i turned off the power save feature and started up pandora and pushed the power button to make it go to sleep and it kept playing and hasn't stopped. it didn't do that before the update when i had the power save mode active. to the guy with the issue with the alarm, did you have the power save mode turned on?

What happens is Power Save now cuts out background data. So it might be identifying Pandora as background data. Probably an issue Pandora will have to fix to bring in line with the feature.
  • Like 1

Those that have an Android Wear watch paired with your Note5.  AND those that have multiple music apps installed but you mainly use Google Play Music......

If you say into your watch "ok, google, play pearl jam ten"....will your watch open the Google Play Music?  My watch has stopped opening GPM, it opens whatever it feels like.  TuneIn Radio, Pandora, even NPR One.  If I do the same commands through my phone, then it opens Google Play Music like it should. 

I've tested this on my friend's nexus and it works as it should.  It seems to be isolated to the Note5??? Maybe a samsung issue?

I know it's a stab in the dark here, just curious. 

Those that have an Android Wear watch paired with your Note5.  AND those that have multiple music apps installed but you mainly use Google Play Music......

If you say into your watch "ok, google, play pearl jam ten"....will your watch open the Google Play Music?  My watch has stopped opening GPM, it opens whatever it feels like.  TuneIn Radio, Pandora, even NPR One.  If I do the same commands through my phone, then it opens Google Play Music like it should. 

I've tested this on my friend's nexus and it works as it should.  It seems to be isolated to the Note5??? Maybe a samsung issue?

I know it's a stab in the dark here, just curious. 

Doesn't it have a default program assigned to it and it should open that program first?  Like if you are looking at Yelp for a restaurant and then click on "Get Directions" it will prompt you to select a Map application whether that is Google Maps, Waze, etc.  Lets say you select Google Maps and then it should give you a prompt that says that Google Maps will be used as the default application for this function. 

I guess what you can do is go through all the different player apps and clear any default applications.  Then on your phone just make sure Google Play Music is the default app and I think it should always open up Google Play Music.

Doesn't it have a default program assigned to it and it should open that program first? Like if you are looking at Yelp for a restaurant and then click on "Get Directions" it will prompt you to select a Map application whether that is Google Maps, Waze, etc. Lets say you select Google Maps and then it should give you a prompt that says that Google Maps will be used as the default application for this function.

I guess what you can do is go through all the different player apps and clear any default applications. Then on your phone just make sure Google Play Music is the default app and I think it should always open up Google Play Music.

Yes, it used to (on the watch) now it doesn't. Very strange happenings. Since the defaults on the phone work independently from the watch, your suggestion doesn't work, unfortunately. I did that though and it didn't remedy the issue. I think Google Play music must have removed their "intent" picker in some update.

Yes but power save mode is not on for Pandora or iHeart

You can disable it for individual apps? Didn't know that..i just click the button from the pull down menu each time..and that seemed to be the problem for me..hmm

Man this sucks lol...glad i have WiFi..

Band 26 is only good if there is a second band 25 carrier with plenty of b41 around or in rural area. To me since the other carriers can aggregate there low band Sprint's low band way be doomed to be the slowest. Well Verizon can be slow to on b13 at least in my area.

I wouldn't exactly call Gonzales, LA rural any more... I did notice at a friend's house last night I got better speeds than before.. And that was after the prl update.. So maybe they can improve the tower closest to me... I don't even know where it is...

Anyone having issue with thier gear staying connected to the phone since the update. I have a gear 2 that worked flawlessly before the update, but now staying connected is impossible

Anyone having issue with thier gear staying connected to the phone since the update. I have a gear 2 that worked flawlessly before the update, but now staying connected is impossible

I have gear s2 classic, didn't notice any problem