Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

The simple fact that I don't have to dismiss the high volume warning every time I connect to bluetooth headphones and my car is reason enough for me to LOVE the M update to this phone. There's nothing I view as negative in this update, IMO. Well, I guess the strange behavior that my watch has with the Google Music, but I can't pin that on the M update to the Note5.

good for you then. For what i use the phone for the update not worth it. Not going into specifics cause it's not going to change anything. Still love this phone minus the update.

I'm going to have to disagree. The fingerprint scanner is much more accurate and faster, benchmarks point to an improvement, standby time has improved significantly, it added the fingerprint api for apps and google play, being able to take pictures and look through the gallery is genius. The slight hit in rf performance, signal check pro notification problems, and lock screen weather issues are the only drawbacks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

the things you listed you like are things i don't use. But I'm glad it's helped you. Rf is a big deal for me. They're times it won't connect to data for a few minutes

the things you listed you like are things i don't use. But I'm glad it's helped you. Rf is a big deal for me. They're times it won't connect to data for a few minutes

I wasn't talking about what you use. I was stating on a whole technically it is improved. You said it did not improve. You should have stated that it didn't improve in areas meaningful to you.

I wasn't talking about what you use. I was stating on a whole technically it is improved. You said it did not improve. You should have stated that it didn't improve in areas meaningful to you.

O

on my bad. I thought you were talking about what improved for you. Sorry

on my bad. I thought you were talking about what improved for you. Sorry

Technically I was. I'm not saying that in a bad way. I just mean whether we use the features or not improvements have been made. Thats all. [emoji4]

Well there must be something weird going on with the network, where I was at ~108dBm I'm now at 116 this is on B41. And I was just sitting on B26 at the same dBm and then went on 3G. This is not normal, was the same when I upgraded to marshmallow from lollipop and now just today suddenly it is not. We did however just have a few massive downpours so maybe that has something to do with it.

Edited by BlueAngel

I'm having issues in general right now, LTE keeps coming and going. It will lose signal at a little over 100dBm and go to 3g, I've submitted a report in the Sprint zone app. Possible a network issue as I've said do to some torrential rain.

Can't say I see much of a difference on my Note 4.. You sure you are basing that on actual dB and not the signal bars which has been changed in newer Sprint updates?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Correct looking at db not bars. Note 4 wouldn't get any service in few area's of our college now it does after the update.

I'm going to have to disagree. The fingerprint scanner is much more accurate and faster, benchmarks point to an improvement, standby time has improved significantly, it added the fingerprint api for apps and google play, being able to take pictures and look through the gallery is genius. The slight hit in rf performance, signal check pro notification problems, and lock screen weather issues are the only drawbacks.

I agree with everything you said. Another thing I don't like is my texts won't read off in the notification bar any longer if I'm doing something on the phone. Before I could look up and see a text and what it said by not pulling down on the notification bar.

I agree with everything you said. Another thing I don't like is my texts won't read off in the notification bar any longer if I'm doing something on the phone. Before I could look up and see a text and what it said by not pulling down on the notification bar.

I didn't notice that one but your right. Good find.

I'm having issues in general right now, LTE keeps coming and going. It will lose signal at a little over 100dBm and go to 3g, I've submitted a report in the Sprint zone app. Possible a network issue as I've said do to some torrential rain.

that's what my phone has done since the update, but again it could be isolated to just my phone and then maybe a network issue.

that's what my phone has done since the update, but again it could be isolated to just my phone and then maybe a network issue.

I'm only experiencing this while in my neighborhood, elsewhere is fine like normal.

I'm only experiencing this while in my neighborhood, elsewhere is fine like normal.

It's always hard for me to tell since Madison, WI 's network is so spotty.  I do agree that when I step out of my fortress of a work building, I should hit a strong LTE signal every time as there's a tower about 3 blocks away, but sometimes when I leave the confines of my WiFi haven, I'll end up on 3G for a bit until I'm about 1/5th the way through my commute home.  However, in and around my house where there's very strong LTE and towers (and lower density of peoples), I never see an issue and am always on LTE (B41 usually, B26 inside the Target).

So while the Note5 could probably do better, Sprint needs to densify the network and make these decisions easier for phones. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Use Textra instead of Messages. Make sure to enable "use WiFi" for WiFi calling MMS. Textra is the best for customization, hands down.

It's also very light, smooth and a lot easier to reply to texts from their pop ups. It's 10x better than that clunky messaging app from Samsung.

Best app purchase I've ever made.

I've noticed the show switching back to lte from 3g. Takes a lot longer now than before the update. I don't like that.

i agree. It sucksn now.

As I have said previously, my phone on marshmallow is just the same on LTE as it was on lollipop. Don't know why some are having issues.

Same here nothing has change since then!