Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Yeah I could never find it, plus this is a replacement phone so I am sol.

You can just call and ask for it.  Tell them you're experimenting with a setting only accessible with the MSL, if they even ask.  If you don't get it, just call back and speak to someone else.  They're pretty open with giving out MSL numbers now.  I have them for every device I currently and formerly have just by simply calling.

3e46d4a71c03cf75831916433b7c9878.jpgWhat I am dealing with at my house right now just lost LTE, I love it... feel like I am back in the beginning stages of NV. Haven't seen 3G in my house in years, I've also been missing a lot of text messages too, don't know if it's related or not but shit is seriously wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueAngel

I see that you guys keep complaining about signal problems. I have 3 note 5 on my account and had three different replacement with in the last two weeks and they are all performing exactly the same way. There is no difference between any of the devices.

Honestly I'm sorry y'all are seeing all these issues, :-( I, thankfully have not had a single problem with LTE signal on the Note 5. Now on the S7 Edge I'm seeing many of the issues y'all are describing.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm gonna go back to lollipop tonight while I wait for sprints ceo line to get back to me, I talked to them this morning they have no knowledge of an issue with the Note 5 and marshmallow, the customer service rep lied to me. But they're gonna escalate the ticket and get back to me with a solution and if they can't then maybe a replacement phone or new phone. Will post back with any updates.

• Like 1

So I got jerked around again, these people just don't get it. I was told to restore the device to factory settings with a format... Well no crap like I haven't done that already, oh and make sure network mode is set to LTE/CDMA well once again no crap. Poorer signal strength on marshmallow compared to lollipop? not an issue it's nothing to be concerned about lol like who hires these people? Time to kick some dirt again I am going higher this is totally unacceptable.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1

So I got jerked around again, these people just don't get it. I was told to restore the device to factory settings with a format... Well no crap like I haven't done that already, oh and make sure notwork mode is set to LTE/CDMA well once again no crap. Poorer signal strength on marshmallow compared to lollipop? not an issue it's nothing to be concerned about lol like who hires these people? Time to kick some dirt again I am going higher this is totally unacceptable.

God this all sounds so familiar! Lol. Keep on pushing the issue. ????

Hell yeah!

Doing a format now with a fresh install of marshmallow, going to see if it's any better and if not gonna try lollipop. Gonna compare the differences in the RF as well so I can shove it in their face.

Doing a format now with a fresh install of marshmallow, going to see if it's any better and if not gonna try lollipop. Gonna compare the differences in the RF as well so I can shove it in their face.

I'll be curious to see what you are able to determine. The phone is too expensive for anyone to be having problems with it, due to some faulty update.

• Like 1

I'll be curious to see what you are able to determine. The phone is too expensive for anyone to be having problems with it, due to some faulty update.

Fresh install had the same dBm for B41 @ 114dBm, installing lollipop now to compare. And I agree it's really upsetting, I love this phone but I am not liking having to deal with these problems.

Well this is weird, Lollipop is showing roughly the same dBm, 114. There goes my theory, wtf. Something more serious going on then, maybe it's a tower issue idk.

Edited by BlueAngel

I am not stopping until there is a resolution, be it a replacement phone or whatever.

what has samsung said? Have you contacted them? Curious to know what they would say. Or what about Google?

Fresh install had the same dBm for B41 @ 114dBm, installing lollipop now to compare. And I agree it's really upsetting, I love this phone but I am not liking having to deal with these problems.

Well this is weird, Lollipop is showing roughly the same dBm, 114. There goes my theory, wtf. Something more serious going on then, maybe it's a tower issue idk.

I doubt it's a tower issue. Can't wait for note 6

Doesn't appear to be marshmallow at this point, maybe there is a hardware problem.

i think marshmallow has something to do with it in any shape or forum

i think there is still a marshmallow affect even reinstalling lollipop.

Are radios controlled by firmware and not the OS?  Maybe marshmallow redid the radio firmware that a reinstallation of Lollipop wouldn't touch.  Just a thought.

Are radios controlled by firmware and not the OS? Maybe marshmallow redid the radio firmware that a reinstallation of Lollipop wouldn't touch. Just a thought.

If that's the case that would suck big time!

Also, this may sound crazy, but recently my home icons at the bottom of the home screen are much larger than the other icons.  Did this happen to anyone else?  Maybe a background update of something?  

Are radios controlled by firmware and not the OS? Maybe marshmallow redid the radio firmware that a reinstallation of Lollipop wouldn't touch. Just a thought.

someone needs to reach out to Google and samsung