Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Is anyone else getting a text message from 8737 after the update. I been getting one roughly every 2 to 3 hours with a bunch of letters and numbers...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have had this in the past. Just blacklist the number. It's a voice-mail provisioning attempt that gets stuck in a loop. Nothing bad comes from blacklisting it.

• Like 1

How is battery life after the update for you? I'm getting no more then ten hours per charge. Before I would get 12 with same amount of use...

I'm hardly ever on WiFi so I don't think I have encountered this glitch? I get LTE everywhere so I hardly remember to turn it on.

It's where the phone drops Wi-Fi throughput when inactive for a few minutes and the connection has to be reset to get connectivity back.
  • Like 1

I had an app or process that goes by the name of Media Server which is what was sucking all the juice. Did a Factory reset reinstall  my apps and the hemorrhage seems to have stopped. 

I'm not impressed with marshmallow. Put it in the campfire. Not sure what the hype was about but it's not worth the omg i can't wait for the new Android operating system! That's my opinion that's all. You guys like it then cool. Again im not impressed.

Anyone else lose samsung pay.it worked for the first fay or so,but then it wiped all cards and data and now it wont let me sign in...

Mine is working fine, used it yesterday at Walmart with no problems

How's everyone liking the Marshmallow update?

What's the pros and cons with Marshmallow update?

I like the new boot animation, app permissions, the fact that I can look at photos and take pics while still being in the messenging app, the faster fingerprint scanner and api so more of my apps support it plus I can use it for play store purchases which is way faster than password, and doze is awesome. No more bad standby times. I also see that the multitasking problem has vastly improved, love the new google emoji and the new samsung browser to me is better than chrome. Two things I dont like so far is lte drops faster at edge of cell than it did before but its really minor and mostly unchanged and on screen battery seems to drain a little bit faster than lollipop.

What i can say it's wifi got a lot better... I was getting really bad speeds downloads on my home network with the note while the other devices were doing way better. Now it's on part with any device

How's everyone liking the Marshmallow update?

What's the pros and cons with Marshmallow update?

I like the new boot animation, app permissions, the fact that I can look at photos and take pics while still being in the messenging app, the faster fingerprint scanner and api so more of my apps support it plus I can use it for play store purchases which is way faster than password, and doze is awesome. No more bad standby times. I also see that the multitasking problem has vastly improved, love the new google emoji and the new samsung browser to me is better than chrome. Two things I dont like so far is lte drops faster at edge of cell than it did before but its really minor and mostly unchanged and on screen battery seems to drain a little bit faster than lollipop.

Yes, I agree with this.  The app permissions are sort of a hassle to get used to, BUT I did find it to be useful with 2 different apps I was sick of having access to my photos.  Kept dumping chat images into the gallery, so I could stop that. I really like being able to control the notification peeks too.  The MM update works smoother with my android wear watch as well.  

I really have been liking and using the Google Now on Tap, more than I thought I would have.  Was home in STL this weekend for Easter and used it several times to find addresses quickly to places we were texting back and forth about.  The screenshot to share is also very quick too, however, Samsung already had a quick shortcut to share a screenshot as it was. 

I haven't noticed much in the way of worse signal or drops yet. Bluetooth connection is still solid, streamed music all the way down and back to STL to my Durango.  Oh yeah, here's the biggest improvement in this arena.....the phone doesn't warn me that I'm going to damage my ears at high volume anymore after the first time!  I always have my media set up to top volume, previously when I'd connect to my Durango, it would warn me again that the high volume would be damaging to me and if I didn't click "ok" then the volume would stay low.  Currently it doesn't ask me that on MM.  This is a huge improvement to my life, sounds silly, but seriously it is. 

I think they've added some useful tweaks with MM. 

Yes, I agree with this. The app permissions are sort of a hassle to get used to, BUT I did find it to be useful with 2 different apps I was sick of having access to my photos. Kept dumping chat images into the gallery, so I could stop that. I really like being able to control the notification peeks too. The MM update works smoother with my android wear watch as well.

I really have been liking and using the Google Now on Tap, more than I thought I would have. Was home in STL this weekend for Easter and used it several times to find addresses quickly to places we were texting back and forth about. The screenshot to share is also very quick too, however, Samsung already had a quick shortcut to share a screenshot as it was.

I haven't noticed much in the way of worse signal or drops yet. Bluetooth connection is still solid, streamed music all the way down and back to STL to my Durango. Oh yeah, here's the biggest improvement in this arena.....the phone doesn't warn me that I'm going to damage my ears at high volume anymore after the first time! I always have my media set up to top volume, previously when I'd connect to my Durango, it would warn me again that the high volume would be damaging to me and if I didn't click "ok" then the volume would stay low. Currently it doesn't ask me that on MM. This is a huge improvement to my life, sounds silly, but seriously it is.

I think they've added some useful tweaks with MM.

I noticed that warning is gone too. It was so annoying.

I noticed that warning is gone too. It was so annoying.

Wait, I still get that warning, though only the first time i turn up the volume after a restart. Did you disable it somehow?

Wait, I still get that warning, though only the first time i turn up the volume after a restart. Did you disable it somehow?

No im saying it only happens once after its turned on instead of everytime you connect a device.

• Like 1