Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

That happened to my nexus 5. I got in the car and it was fine. Didn't drop or anything then I noticed all of a sudden it was broken.

Nothing I did caused it, I just noticed when I went to take a photo Saturday night that it was broken, the lens if fine though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Anyone ever hear about random lens covers on the back camera just shattering for no reason?

i dropped mine about three feet or so and landed right on the back of the phone. The only thing that cracked was my screen protector. So it saved my screen. Camera was just fine. I use spigen case.

Anyone else having serious charge issues? Last time I've mentioned this, it occurred for just a little while, and ever since then, no issues at all. I even went on a 2 week vacation, worked like new, came back from vacation 2 days ago, no issues until last night. I was down to 16% before I went to bed. Woke up this morning and showed 20% charge. Samsung Health Alert pops up showing "Poor Charging Performance"

Should I take my phone into a Sprint store, and have a tech look at it? I don't have any apps that's eating up my battery, screen display isn't ever too bright, and the only app that run the most is SCP running as low as 4-5% battery use majority of the time.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

My issues come and go.  I'm disappointed with how the battery will drain overnight (way more than my single-band Note 3 did) roughly 25%.  I've encountered less of the issue where it dies, I plug it in, and when I turn it on it magically has 20%.  I'm going to wait for the 6.0 update and see if it gets better.

My issues come and go. I'm disappointed with how the battery will drain overnight (way more than my single-band Note 3 did) roughly 25%. I've encountered less of the issue where it dies, I plug it in, and when I turn it on it magically has 20%. I'm going to wait for the 6.0 update and see if it gets better.

Yeah I have noticed that the note 5 stand by time is not good but on screen time is really good. When I go to bed losing 15-25% is very common. Hopefully 6.0 and doze solves this.
  • Like 1

Anyone else having serious charge issues? Last time I've mentioned this, it occurred for just a little while, and ever since then, no issues at all. I even went on a 2 week vacation, worked like new, came back from vacation 2 days ago, no issues until last night. I was down to 16% before I went to bed. Woke up this morning and showed 20% charge. Samsung Health Alert pops up showing "Poor Charging Performance"

Should I take my phone into a Sprint store, and have a tech look at it? I don't have any apps that's eating up my battery, screen display isn't ever too bright, and the only app that run the most is SCP running as low as 4-5% battery use majority of the time.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

no issues with any of what you guysb are saying

Are you using the Samsung original charger or a knockoff?

May want to try one of these to see if it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QEX83LA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=98af82cabc0811e5959c4234b3f23d160000&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A142BGUZC6UH73

Are you using the Samsung original charger or a knockoff?

May want to try one of these to see if it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QEX83LA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=98af82cabc0811e5959c4234b3f23d160000&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A142BGUZC6UH73

In regards to the link on the quick charger, it says Qualcomm certified but the Note 5 is Exynos!

In regards to the link on the quick charger, it says Qualcomm certified but the Note 5 is Exynos!

It is the same technology and it works fine. Many S6/N5 users use the QuickCharge 2.0 chargers and they work perfect for the rapid charging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry about the late update. I was using the original charger/usb. A couple of horurs later after this post at work, while trying to charge, I noticed this occured in pic below. Actually burned a little! No damage to my phone, but to the USB. I went out to Best Buy, and bought a Insignia brand USB. No more charging issues since then. 20160118_190707.jpg

Theres a app but i forget the name. It tells you how many mA are being sent to the phone. Ive used it when i have had 'slow' or no charging issues before and found the cord was only allowing about 300mA at any time. New cord solved the problem.

Theres a app but i forget the name. It tells you how many mA are being sent to the phone. Ive used it when i have had 'slow' or no charging issues before and found the cord was only allowing about 300mA at any time. New cord solved the problem.

Ampere

Still haven't received the Jan security update, huh?  Hopefully there's a bigger update in our near future?  How can we not find anyone on the software development team to participate in these forums???  You'd think after 6 years we could find someone willing to dish us the early information. 

• Like 1

Still haven't received the Jan security update, huh?  Hopefully there's a bigger update in our near future?  How can we not find anyone on the software development team to participate in these forums???  You'd think after 6 years we could find someone willing to dish us the early information. 

You'd think Sprint would seek out soak testers like Motorola does.

I'm sure the Note 5 would get an update before the Note 4..  the Note 4 doesn't have any new RDF listings in testing.

I live in an area with very finicky B41 lte, some devices do great and some don't, so it's interesting to read the posts about the 5, the Note 4 was a complete failure for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note5 still rocks for me. Just factory reset for the fun of it and it cleaned up some cobwebs for me. Running like brand new again. I still recommend it over what's out there with the exception of the Nexus 6P depending on your carrier, not recommended on Sprint IMO.

Scribbled with my Note5 S-pen for your reading pleasure

• Like 1

I live in an area with very finicky B41 lte, some devices do great and some don't, so it's interesting to read the posts about the 5, the Note 4 was a complete failure for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched from a note 4 to a note 5. Band 41 performance is better than what the 4 was, at least from what I've noticed. Generally obtains a better signal, but I couldn't tell you specifically how much better it seems to do. Plus the note 5 supports CA.

I switched from a note 4 to a note 5. Band 41 performance is better than what the 4 was, at least from what I've noticed. Generally obtains a better signal, but I couldn't tell you specifically how much better it seems to do. Plus the note 5 supports CA.

Note 5 has great RF performance.

• Like 1