Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

I'm thinking of signing up for Android Pay. What's the difference between Samsung & Android Pay?

Samsung pay works on regular registers using mst instead of nfc. Also they have a gift card sale going on. I just bought two regal cinemas tickets for $40 and got $50 gift card. Also if you sign up a new card you get Samsung level headphones for free.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Samsung pay works on regular registers using mst instead of nfc. Also they have a gift card sale going on. I just bought two regal cinemas tickets for $40 and got $50 gift card. Also if you sign up a new card you get Samsung level headphones for free.

Thanks. I see Apply Pay a lot. Is Samsung Pay accepted as much as Android Pay from what you see?

Thanks for the tip Terrell, I was unaware they were having an offer. Signed up and claimed my prize. Now to try Samsung pay for the first time lol.

• Like 1

You guys are killing me. Every time I get a notification I get all excited thinking is news about the Marshmallow update. J/k I'm glad you found out about the offers. LOL

• Like 6

You guys are killing me. Every time I get a notification I get all excited thinking is news about the Marshmallow update. J/k I'm glad you found out about the offers. LOL

I'd take Marshmallow over a free pair of headphones.. Lol. But for now I guess I have to settle.. [emoji51]

• Like 2

I'd take Marshmallow over a free pair of headphones.. Lol. But for now I guess I have to settle.. [emoji51]

I have had my mom's S6 get denied because they said her IMEI wasn't valid.  I tried to fight it, but it was just denied again. Strange that they would deny her.  It was a brand new S6 and a new Samsung Pay account.  Oh well. 

I too get notifications from this thread and think it might be an update of some sort.  RATS!  It has to be soon, though, right?  All other major manufacturers have beaten them this round, they have to be feeling the pressure. 

• Like 1

I have had my mom's S6 get denied because they said her IMEI wasn't valid. I tried to fight it, but it was just denied again. Strange that they would deny her. It was a brand new S6 and a new Samsung Pay account. Oh well.

I too get notifications from this thread and think it might be an update of some sort. RATS! It has to be soon, though, right? All other major manufacturers have beaten them this round, they have to be feeling the pressure.

God I hope so!! If that leak is true we should get it this month. But I also believe they do this on purpose, so folks would be inclined to buy their last Galaxy device which will definitely come with Marshmallow.

God I hope so!! If that leak is true we should get it this month. But I also believe they do this on purpose, so folks would be inclined to buy their last Galaxy device which will definitely come with Marshmallow.

I used to think they did this on purpose as well, but I now think they are just this disorganized / have waaaay too many devices to keep up to date.  It is nice to see that the SKUs for the S7 lead to it being one piece of hardware for the US with just different software.  Might hopefully make their development faster that way?  It must if they have one team dedicated to the base and not a team for each variant like they do now.  Or at least that's what I have read they have. 

• Like 1

I used to think they did this on purpose as well, but I now think they are just this disorganized / have waaaay too many devices to keep up to date. It is nice to see that the SKUs for the S7 lead to it being one piece of hardware for the US with just different software. Might hopefully make their development faster that way? It must if they have one team dedicated to the base and not a team for each variant like they do now. Or at least that's what I have read they have.

No doubt they are disorganized, it's an addition to the chaos.

Thanks. I see Apply Pay a lot. Is Samsung Pay accepted as much as Android Pay from what you see?

Due to mst. Samsung pay does not need support. It doesn't matter if the register supports it or not chances are it will work. Gas station pumps are the only exception except for one time i got it to work somehow. And also drive thru and sit down restaurants. Technically it will work its just odd telling them to take your phone as payment because 99% of people have no idea that it will work.

• Like 1

Add me to the list..both for Sampay and Wells Fargo, and for Android M on my Note5.

I just placed the order last night for the 64gb Note 5 ...likely I'll be returning the 32gb that I"m currently using. If I had known beforehand that stores didn't keep the 64, I would've done it online to begin with...

Guess I have to wait on Samsung Pay for little bit until Wells Fargo supports it.

I'm in the same boat, my Credit Union is not yet supported and on top of that, they pulled their support for Android Pay as well.  They claim both are being added "soon" and then told me that meant the middle of 2016.  Sigh, annoying. 

I have wondered why my G4 would test so much lower on LTE (band 25 & 26 only, no 41 here to test on) ..and this note5 tests way higher far as speed goes. And to add to the Rf convo, I see better signal with this note 5 than I did with my G4.

• Like 2

I have wondered why my G4 would test so much lower on LTE (band 25 & 26 only, no 41 here to test on) ..and this note5 tests way higher far as speed goes. And to add to the Rf convo, I see better signal with this note 5 than I did with my G4.

My old Nexus 5 was supposedly a great rf performer, can't hold a candle to the Note 5.

• Like 1

I had started wondering when I was on my G4 why it was doing speedtests that were 5mbps down / 2mbps up..

Then I just decided it was the area and maybe more people using Sprint.

Now that I've done it with the Note 5 in the same locations, I'm seeing 18+mbps down / 9+mbps up...

Seems like the throughput of the Note5 is better than the G4..

I dunno why, but it's sure happening, every time I test.

• Like 1

I had started wondering when I was on my G4 why it was doing speedtests that were 5mbps down / 2mbps up..

Then I just decided it was the area and maybe more people using Sprint.

Now that I've done it with the Note 5 in the same locations, I'm seeing 18+mbps down / 9+mbps up...

Seems like the throughput of the Note5 is better than the G4..

I dunno why, but it's sure happening, every time I test.

If the note 5 has better SNR values speed will increase also.

We could be getting close!

https://twitter.com/qbking77/status/700734487311745024

I think he uses the T-mobile version though, he used to use Sprint.

Just saw that too, getting my goes up.

I saw that too, getting my hopes up.

Edited by MattVeltkamp

Eh, unless he's joking, he said it was the Cambodian version of the Note5. So yeah, no reason to be excited.

I just read that as well and all I got to say is.

WTH does that even mean!

Just picked up this case for $13 and prime. Arrived today and have to highly recommend it for those like me who hate cases!

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Case Clear Protective Cover - Black Sapphire https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012AWB37E/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_fh5XwbVK6FX83

Sent from my Sprint Note5 for your reading pleasure