Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Wheres my msl number n how do i disable ca?

you can call sprint to get it or if you have your contract paper it should be on that as well. Its a 6 digit number. Once you have it dial ##data# then edit. Put in your 6 digit MSL code. Go to LTE the go down to CA enabled and disable it. Your phone will restart and then it will be disabled. Run a speed test and then change it back and check to see the results.

98047cee6c40267d6b55ea7ef1a527a8.jpg No CAdbf5e1590d19b7fbf32d038b00c2fe56.jpgCA enableddad9dbd03bc7f1204ed8261286ef172d.jpg

Anybody experiencing unreported battery use? There's like a 50 percent overhead off of the actual use. It reports 40 percent usage by OS, apps, screen but only 40 percent battery remains and 20 percent is unreported.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

you can call sprint to get it or if you have your contract paper it should be on that as well. Its a 6 digit number. Once you have it dial ##data# then edit. Put in your 6 digit MSL code. Go to LTE the go down to CA enabled and disable it. Your phone will restart and then it will be disabled. Run a speed test and then change it back and check to see the results.

Got my MSL. Tried what you suggested here at my work. No difference whatsoever with CA enabled or disabled.

Granted, I've only had this phone for about 3 days now and this is the only B41 CA-Enabled tower I've played with, but unfortunately Sprint has always sucked within San Francisco.

Hoping for better results in the future with testing more towers.

post-6040-0-32229800-1448063538_thumb.png

post-6040-0-91498900-1448063538_thumb.png

Got my MSL. Tried what you suggested here at my work. No difference whatsoever with CA enabled or disabled.

Granted, I've only had this phone for about 3 days now and this is the only B41 CA-Enabled tower I've played with, but unfortunately Sprint has always sucked within San Francisco.

Hoping for better results in the future with testing more towers.

Im glad you posted this because there have been plenty of towers that i have gotten results like this one with no capacity benefits. I can not confirm this but i believe alot of sprint towers are running with 2 carriers but missing the necessary backhaul for the speed benefits. Glad its not just Flordia.

I have an issue while using my Bose in-ear headset, during a call my headset mic is feeding back into the headphones and I can hear my own voice, etc. Is this a new feature of the phone or is it not working properly? I haven't even tried the stock headset yet.

I have an issue while using my Bose in-ear headset, during a call my headset mic is feeding back into the headphones and I can hear my own voice, etc. Is this a new feature of the phone or is it not working properly? I haven't even tried the stock headset yet.

Are they wired? If yes, try pulling the headphones out one notch in the jack. I had a friend with bose wired headset that had terrible echo on his Sony phone, could be a similar issue with the headphone jack.

Try the included set, works fine for me. I use Bluetooth ones all the time but I did test that Samsung ones and they worked fine.

Sent from my Sprint Note5

Yes they are wired and i just now tried the stock headphones and have the same issue!

The mic is unmuted and feeding back into the headphones during calls. When i scratch the mic with my thumb or adjust the volume rocker on the headset i hear the amplified scratching and clicking noises in my ears. When i talk directly into the mic, i hear my amplified voice.

Can someone please confirm if there phone does this too ?

Im gonna go back to sprint and replace it.

Apparently, I'm an idiot and all new Samsung phones do this. My question is why? What purpose does this serve?

I assure you, mine does not echo with my included wired headset. Not sure what's going on with yours.

Sent from my Sprint Note5

It's not an echo, but feedback like when you unmute your microphone on your computer and you speak into it and hear it thru your PC speakers.

I went to the Sprint store and tried every samsung phone with stock headset and my Bose headset and they all exhibited the same issue.

Edited by lmnopz

It's like when you pickup a landline telephone handset in your home. The mic is wired into the speaker and you're hearing your own voice piped back thru the speaker. Try scratching or blowing air on the mic of an old school landline phone and you'll hear it thru the speaker amplified in your ear.

This is what I'm talking about. My Galaxy S3 as well as most other Cell phones never used to do this. Why now? What's the purpose? So you can hear your own voice in noisy environments maybe? Doesn't seem truly necessary, more annoying than helpful imo.

is this is semi-rural area or in a metro/suburban area? lmnopz live in SF and I live near Chicago, both are farily dense metro/suburban area

Ok so CA is enabled, but let''s also double check that it is actually "IN USE"

if you do *#0011# about 5-6 lines down it should show

CA-Add (S) BAND:41 BW:20Mhz <-- this should be exact match

(S)Earfcn: #####d, PCI: ### <--- numbers can vary

if you don't see a valid line/numbers the tower may not support CA.

mine said ca not config

mine said ca not config

That mean ca is enabled on your phone but not in use, which band are you on? if you are on b41 that may mean that tower does not have ca yet.

although i have not seen this lately, on the early days of Chicago ca deployment, i have also seen case where the ca line will only show connection info when there is an active download in progress and show not config when the first line says idle, so if you are on unlimited or have lots of data to spare, try having an active download or speedtest in the background while you check *#0011# again.

if you are on b25/b26, b25/b26 ca is not supported by sprint at this point, so try getting on b41 and check again

Yes they are wired and i just now tried the stock headphones and have the same issue!

The mic is unmuted and feeding back into the headphones during calls. When i scratch the mic with my thumb or adjust the volume rocker on the headset i hear the amplified scratching and clicking noises in my ears. When i talk directly into the mic, i hear my amplified voice.

Can someone please confirm if there phone does this too ?

Im gonna go back to sprint and replace it.

Mine does not. Some of the clearest audio I have ever heard in a phone.

• Like 1

New owner of the Galaxy Note 5 as of end of August 2015. My first tri-band smartphone and phablet. I've Always wanted one and finally got it and really loving everything about it. 

Good news, band 41, 2xCA activated this weekend 21 November 2015. I was finally able to break the 74Mbps threshold I've been limited to since band 41 was active the beginning of 2015. 

Thank you Sprint, I'm one happy camper. 

Sprint Speedtest 2xCA band 41 activated 21 November 2015.jpg

• Like 4

Is the Sprint variant affected by the cell standby bug? I see a lot about this on Verizon and some on T-Mobile too. It might be resolved on newer software builds.

What is this bug exactly? Right now I'm at 4% cell standby 69% battery with a 1 hour 18 minutes of sot.

What is this bug exactly? Right now I'm at 4% cell standby 69% battery with a 1 hour 18 minutes of sot.

Then you're probably not affected. It seems limited to Verizon variants.

Looks like Samsung Pay added more banks. My Credit Union happen to be on this list finally! I just scanned my card, and is good to use. I've noticed a couple of stores having "Samsung Pay" signs at registers and in windows of entrance doors this past weekend. There is also a $100 coupon code promotion for eligible users.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/11/23/samsung-pay-now-supports-chase-suntrust-and-six-additional-credit-unions-new-users-are-eligible-for-a-100-samsung-com-coupon-code/

I live in eastern MA (NE Corner) and travel the area from here to Boston to Framingham, etc. 

While I frequently have B41 I have yet to see any evidence of CA.

The menu says it's enabled but even when on Band 41 I have not yet seen anything other than CA not configured no matter where I am.

As the Boston area is supposedly rolled out / live with CA I am wondering why?

Thoughts?