Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Won't be long now, and since when is Verizon the first to get the update out. Miracles can happen!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I know, right?!  That's a slap in the face to Sprint!  Buy hey, Sprint usually was the first in the history of updates.  I'm sure it won't be long.  I can only assume there is some network based issue that is the hold up....or maybe they're just prepping the release now.

• Like 1

What???? VZW pushing Marshmallow to their Note 5??? The world is coming to an end..

I got have got to get to a bunker quick. This is some scary stuff.

• Like 2

LMAO!!! This is not really happening.... (Checking my vital signs)..[emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33]

• Like 2

I'm glad I missed the headset promo (thanks wells Fargo)....now you can get free wireless charging pad from Samsung for adding a card. Added mine the first day wells Fargo was avail but just redeemed promo...it's on the way. I didn't pay attention but I hope it's the fast charge one.

What the heck Sprint  :)!!!  I want some marshmallow love already.  Please don't let them be last in this space too amongst the 4 carriers.  Since I haven't rooted my Note 5 at all, I shouldn't have a problem taking the OTA update from day 1.

What the heck Sprint :)!!! I want some marshmallow love already. Please don't let them be last in this space too amongst the 4 carriers. Since I haven't rooted my Note 5 at all, I shouldn't have a problem taking the OTA update from day 1.

verizon is on a roll. If your a htc user on sprint then your good. The A9, M8, and M9 all have 6.0

Should get in touch with your nearest vault-tec rep :)

*dreaming of marshmallows*

• Like 1

Should get in touch with your nearest vault-tec rep :)

*dreaming of marshmallows*

fallout-4-vault-tec-1-888-customer-servi

Vault Tec: "Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future"

I'm excited to get 6.0, but hopefully there aren't any hiccups in it like lag or battery drainage like my G3 had from the upgrade from 4.0 to 5.1.

Vault Tec: "Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future"

I'm excited to get 6.0, but hopefully there aren't any hiccups in it like lag or battery drainage like my G3 had from the upgrade from 4.0 to 5.1.

So far the 3 people on Verizon I know with 6.0.1 on their Note5's say nothing but good things.  Faster feel and fingerprint scanner, battery life is the same, no lag.  I hope that holds for ours as well.  I'm tired of mashing the System Update -> Update Now button every morning, such a disappointing message "The latest updates have already been installed."

• Like 4

So far the 3 people on Verizon I know with 6.0.1 on their Note5's say nothing but good things. Faster feel and fingerprint scanner, battery life is the same, no lag. I hope that holds for ours as well. I'm tired of mashing the System Update -> Update Now button every morning, such a disappointing message "The latest updates have already been installed."

That's interesting. What didn't they like?

I think Verizon was the first on another Samsung, I want to say the first to 5.0 on the S5.  Was a shocker then, too.

It is strange because they were the last to update to 5.1 on the Note 4, but they already have a maintenance release patch for it that is newer than the Sprint Note 4 revision.

So I guess there are some outstanding bugs with the Verizon marshmallow update that Samsung is going to release a 2nd version of the Android 6.0.1 update.  If these are truly issues then I am glad Sprint, AT&T and Tmobile held off on their Marshmallow updates.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/139908/20160310/samsung-galaxy-note-5-android-marshmallow-issues-wi-fi-problems-battery-drain-and-more.htm

So I guess there are some outstanding bugs with the Verizon marshmallow update that Samsung is going to release a 2nd version of the Android 6.0.1 update. If these are truly issues then I am glad Sprint, AT&T and Tmobile held off on their Marshmallow updates.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/139908/20160310/samsung-galaxy-note-5-android-marshmallow-issues-wi-fi-problems-battery-drain-and-more.htm

I forwarded this on to my VZW Note5 users and one responded right away that she sees the WiFi issue. I asked her why she didn't say anything earlier and she just thought she was doing something wrong. ::facepalm::

Unfortunately, I bet we still get this broken version and fester for weeks before a fix is pushed.

EDIT: as a disclaimer the Note users I know on VZW are not exactly power users in any sense of the word.