Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Sometimes when I tap on Tapatalk in my notification menu it goes to this website and I'm not sure if it's just spam, an ad, or something else...1a6a0bc4136fd3656c54b3da33dd003e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I was getting that a couple of times yesterday. Once after checking a text message.

• Like 1

Are there any cases with a good rubbery material that has a good grip. I just got the suprcase heavy duty and its a plastic material that came with a clip... It feels durable but still has that slippery feel to it. I want something with the screen protector as part of the case. Thanks for any info..

I was getting that a couple of times yesterday. Once after checking a text message.

OK been looking online.. Thinking the cause may be music paradise pro... I downloaded it a while back.. I saw that someone had mentioned it and they deleted it and it fixed the problem.. I tried to search for it under my apps on the Google play store but I couldn't find it.. I had to go under settings and applications and all to find it and it was still there.. I just uninstalled it.. I'll let you know how that works...

• Like 1

OK been looking online.. Thinking the cause may be music paradise pro... I downloaded it a while back.. I saw that someone had mentioned it and they deleted it and it fixed the problem.. I tried to search for it under my apps on the Google play store but I couldn't find it.. I had to go under settings and applications and all to find it and it was still there.. I just uninstalled it.. I'll let you know how that works...

That's exactly what I have installed. I really like that app for downloading music. Not only that was popping up, but I had some other urgent system install alert popping up browsing webpages, which was bogus, especially seeing it on my S5 a couple of times using the Dolphin Browser in the past on that phone. I uninstalled paradise pro.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I have installed. I really like that app for downloading music. Not only that was popping up, but I had some other urgent system install alert popping up browsing webpages, which was bogus, especially seeing it on my S5 a couple of times using the Dolphin Browser in the past on that phone. I uninstalled paradise pro.

Since I've deleted it today, I haven't had any more pop ups.. I liked it too but it was getting out of hand... Guess I'll stick to Amazon prime since you can now download and save for offline use... To bad you can't set them as ring tones from amazon...

• Like 1

Interesting tidbit on Marshmallows: http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-galaxy-note5/general/note-5-marshmallow-dump-t3249840

Huge grain of salt here.....if all this is legit, that's the T-mobile version (maybe international) so really no bearing on our devices at all, but good to see builds that might be "near final" already leaking out.  

How's your real live battery use on the Note 5?  I just got the S6 Friday night and I'm not happy with the battery life.  I upgraded at Best Buy and am thinking of exchanging for the note 5.  I've tweaked all the settings on the S6 and have been running in power save mode.  I don't think I should have to charge a new phone twice a day with moderate usage.  I'm not a heavy user in the sense that I don't play games, watch little video and mostly do email/texting/FB/FB messenger. 

How's your real live battery use on the Note 5?  I just got the S6 Friday night and I'm not happy with the battery life.  I upgraded at Best Buy and am thinking of exchanging for the note 5.  I've tweaked all the settings on the S6 and have been running in power save mode.  I don't think I should have to charge a new phone twice a day with moderate usage.  I'm not a heavy user in the sense that I don't play games, watch little video and mostly do email/texting/FB/FB messenger. 

For me and my usage patterns, the Note5 battery does pretty well.  It will easily get through my day and my usage doesn't sound much different than yours (chats, emails, etc....mine's also linked to my Android Wear Moto360 which is a battery hogger).  My wife's S6 seems to last her the day as well.  I opted for the Note5 for many reasons (the extra gig of RAM being a big one), but the larger batter was in the process for me. 

http://phandroid.com/2015/11/16/leaked-roadmap-shows-samsung-devices-getting-android-marshmallow-in-december/

FYI.  That likely is the international release, so figure after that.

Eh, maybe, maybe not.  Could happen simultaneously, could happen 4 months later.  Sprint has received firmware before the international devices twice over the past 3 years that I can remember.  I'm not betting on that, but hey you never know. Anyways, nice to see December for the Note.  Let's hope it doesn't go like the Lollipop update for the S5 went...oh brother. 

2 questions about using Google Now/Search on your Note5 for you guys:

1) when you say "navigate to Target", does it pop up a Google Search or Navigation? I'm getting Google Search.

2) if you have NPR One app installed, can you "say listen to NPR" (with screen off, ie through bluetooth headphones, will the news start playing? Mine won't, it'll recognize the command, but never play the story.

I've reached out to Google without response and I've reached out to NPR with great response. They claim it's a Note5 issue and other devices work just fine.

Sent from my Sprint Note5

2 questions about using Google Now/Search on your Note5 for you guys:

1) when you say "navigate to Target", does it pop up a Google Search or Navigation? I'm getting Google Search.

2) if you have NPR One app installed, can you "say listen to NPR" (with screen off, ie through bluetooth headphones, will the news start playing? Mine won't, it'll recognize the command, but never play the story.

I've reached out to Google without response and I've reached out to NPR with great response. They claim it's a Note5 issue and other devices work just fine.

Through "Ok google"

1) at first the google now page would pop up showing the route, but then google map would pop up into Navigation mode.

2) I don't have NPR, i listen to them via tunein on the local NPR channel, when i say listen to tunein it just start the app up but doesn't play anything

Just got my Note 5. My old phone was a galaxy s3, so I'm new to the newer bands and CA type stuff. A little dismayed because I supposedly have a very good signal on b41(squared) and my speedtests are coming in at around 31/32mb during off peak hours (San Francisco, CA @ current time 3:10am).

Why am I not getting like 70mb down?

Should I be disappointed?

Edited by lmnopz

#1, make sure CA is enabled (should already be) - ##DATA# from dialer, poke around till you see CA Enabled.

#2, the squared doesn't necessarily mean you're on CA. Just means that you've connected to a second carrier, not that they are both pumping data to your phone.

Granted CA is enabled, you'll see faster speeds, fear not. Don't be disappointed, that's already quite fast.

Did like you said, and yes it says: CA Enabled

Feeling a little better, test is faster this time. Thanks!

Also, sidenote: I purchased mine from Sprint Store and got the 1yr Amazon Prime deal. I wasn't aware at the time of the BestBuy $100 giftcard deal though... For those who did get their Note 5 at BestBuy are you eligible for the 1yr free Amazon Prime in addition to to the $100 giftcard? Or is the Amazon Prime deal exclusive to Sprint in-house purchases?

BTW, Thanks to whomever posted the $50 rebate/credit deal for signing up for Samsung Pay. I signed up for it anyways, but thanks to you I have a $50 rebate coming (hopefully).

Edited by lmnopz

expect real life average with CA on none congested towers to be between 20-40mbps, 60mbps+ are only on idle towers and you would need a RSRP better than -90dbm to achieve that (LTE speed is highly dependent on signal strength).  in my own experience 60mbps+ is not unusual, but not common either.  I have only once managed to pull > 100mbps personally

In West MI on my note 5 I consistently get between 80 and 100 where I have CA. Pretty sweet.

is this is semi-rural area or in a metro/suburban area? lmnopz live in SF and I live near Chicago, both are farily dense metro/suburban area

Did like you said, and yes it says: CA Enabled

Feeling a little better, test is faster this time. Thanks!

Also, sidenote: I purchased mine from Sprint Store and got the 1yr Amazon Prime deal. I wasn't aware at the time of the BestBuy $100 giftcard deal though... For those who did get their Note 5 at BestBuy are you eligible for the 1yr free Amazon Prime in addition to to the $100 giftcard? Or is the Amazon Prime deal exclusive to Sprint in-house purchases?

BTW, Thanks to whomever posted the $50 rebate/credit deal for signing up for Samsung Pay. I signed up for it anyways, but thanks to you I have a $50 rebate coming (hopefully).

Ok so CA is enabled, but let''s also double check that it is actually "IN USE"

if you do *#0011# about 5-6 lines down it should show

CA-Add (S) BAND:41 BW:20Mhz <-- this should be exact match

(S)Earfcn: #####d, PCI: ### <--- numbers can vary

if you don't see a valid line/numbers the tower may not support CA.

Yup there it is. I noticed that when my data activity is idle it will go in and out of CA-Add mode and disabled mode. But when I'm on a steady data connection like a Skype call it stays solid enabled.

• Like 1

Yup there it is. I noticed that when my data activity is idle it will go in and out of CA-Add mode and disabled mode. But when I'm on a steady data connection like a Skype call it stays solid enabled.

if you have your msl number then disable CA and run a speedtest. If it is significantly slower then CA is doing its job. Thats how I determine CA is working properly.
  • Like 1