T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

What's the point of a buildout deadline if it's not enforced?

My point exactly.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

I understand the reason T-mobile is the most likely buyer, but it would be ironic (or funny) if AT&T sold that 700-A block in Chicago to someone else.

Besides the buildout requirement wasn't the sale of that spectrum a condition of one of their mergers...

I don't believe that was a condition. I think the condition is that AT&T cannot have it. I believe it is still owned by the original Leap investors and it is not in AT&T hands. Those investors are likely looking to sell it for the right price. I can't see them building out a Chicago network. Especially with CH 51 problem there.

• Like 1

I don't believe that was a condition. I think the condition is that AT&T cannot have it. I believe it is still owned by the original Leap investors and it is not in AT&T hands. Those investors are likely looking to sell it for the right price. I can't see them building out a Chicago network. Especially with CH 51 problem there.

You've said sprint might buy it but with the need for 2.5, I don't think - and hope - they won't buy it or other 700a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My memory is not clear on the timeline. Am I correct that this happened after USCC abandoned Chicago as a market?

You've said sprint might buy it but with the need for 2.5, I don't think - and hope - they won't buy it or other 700a

Maybe its better if Tmobile hears that Sprint would consider buying some 700A just so that Tmobile would speed up the process.  Of course Sprint shouldn't actually buy any 700A spectrum.  The need for 2.5?  Sprint already has the 2.5 spectrum.

• Like 1

Maybe its better if Tmobile hears that Sprint would consider buying some 700A just so that Tmobile would speed up the process. Of course Sprint shouldn't actually buy any 700A spectrum. The need for 2.5? Sprint already has the 2.5 spectrum.

2.5 buildout not spectrum.

I understand the reason T-mobile is the most likely buyer, but it would be ironic (or funny) if AT&T sold that 700-A block in Chicago to someone else.

Besides the buildout requirement wasn't the sale of that spectrum a condition of one of their mergers...

ugh! As much as I dislike T-Mobile, I do hope they get the 700mhz spectrum here in Chicago, because here is where they really, and I mean desperately need it. If AT&T sold the 700mhz spectrum here to someone else other than T-Mobile, coming from a soon to be Sprint non T-Mobile customer, I'd be so sad that I'd literally cry for T-Mobile's loss, and I mean that, seriously. Although not for too long, especially seeing how much better my Sprint service works, particularly in Schaumburg where I get around 20mbps or more on Sprint, in contrast to the pitiful 1mbps I get on T-Mobile around there.

So yes, T-Mobile really needs that 700mhz spectrum here from AT&T. Edit note : Or from the Leap investors.

Maybe its better if Tmobile hears that Sprint would consider buying some 700A just so that Tmobile would speed up the process. Of course Sprint shouldn't actually buy any 700A spectrum. The need for 2.5? Sprint already has the 2.5 spectrum.

That sounds like it could work! Whatever it takes to get T-Mobile to purchase more spectrum here in Chicago, the better it is for their customers.

Even if T-Mobile acquired that license, they wouldn't be able to deploy it for quite some time, thanks to WPWR-TV. They still occupy channel 51 here (and their programming blows, unless you like judge shows).

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

Even if T-Mobile acquired that license, they wouldn't be able to deploy it for quite some time, thanks to WPWR-TV. They still occupy channel 51 here (and their programming blows, unless you like judge shows).

Magentans would watch a "Judge John" show.

AJ

• Like 5

I like that 60% of this thread is armchair CEO spectrum fantasy baseball trade scenarios...

It's fun to tell a corporation how to spend their billions, because they know less than us. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 2

I like that 60% of this thread is armchair CEO spectrum fantasy baseball trade scenarios...

Coming this summer...

S4GRU Wireless CEO Fantasy Camp

Interact with Marcelo Claure and John Legere impersonators.  Create your own new fantasy rate plans.  Decide which dummy devices to offer.

Visit the S4GRU donation page for enrollment.

AJ

• Like 9

What are some other benefits of the 36 hour experience of S4GRU Wireless CEO Fantasy Camp?

• Sit back for 14 hours each way while Microsoft Flight Simulator takes you across the Pacific to Tokyo for an important meeting with your boss
  • Have imitation crab sushi with and get berated by a small Japanese man who is displeased with your performance
  • Receive a free pink T-shirt and weathered jeans so that you, too, can dress like a CEO

Enrollment is just $2000.  And spaces are limited.  Sign up soon...

AJ

• Like 7

"Create your own new fantasy rate plans."

The rate plan ideas being discussed are serious, which many people are doing, in coming up with alternatives for unlimited data. Several people are doing just that on one of TmoNews' best articles written in quite some time. Cam actually wrote it very well with no bias and no Sprint bashing, even though he mentioned Sprint and did so fairly. Most of the people in the comments section are being fair about it too, while discussing positive solutions with very little hostility.

• Like 1

Coming this summer...

S4GRU Wireless CEO Fantasy Camp

Interact with Marcelo Claure and John Legere impersonators.  Create your own new fantasy rate plans.  Decide which dummy devices to offer.

Visit the S4GRU donation page for enrollment.

AJ

Any chance of a Charlie Ergen impersonator as well? :P

• Like 3

Now with the talks of an acquisition of tmobileus by Dish and CEO Ergen will be the finale word on everything. Legere would remain as a figure head to keep the fan base intact until after the merge then all bets are off.

Goodbye uncarrier and all it's current model structure and Hello Dish Wireless. $$$$money money money because it's shareholders demand it!!

As often that I criticize T-Mobile, a merger with Dish would be a wonderful thing for them, in terms of increasing their spectrum holdings. Especially where they really need more spectrum, such as in the Chicago Market.

Currently, T-Mobile is preparing to have 15x15 AWS on LTE soon here in Chicago. With Dish Network AWS3 spectrum, they'd have both 15x15 AWS and 15x15 AWS3 likely all on LTE, along with Dish having an additional 15mhz unpaired. This would help T-Mobile tremendously and I hope for their customers' benefit this merger happens as soon as it is possible.

Also, it is very unlikely that the government would oppose this merger in any way, so that part of the process ought to be fairly quick, and since DT is so heavily desiring to sell T-Mobile, that part of the process ought to be quick too. Even still, once a deal has been reached between the companies, hopefully Dish will allow T-Mobile to deploy that AWS3 spectrum right away.

Well in the bright side the mangetrolls will have extra AWS spectrum for speeeeeeeeeeed.

The whole thing of trolling customers will be more in the open because uncle Charlie only cares about money. Legere will stays then after 6 months or a year he will be kicked out.

The current ceo of a company never stay after a merger. He might stay a few months to appease the fans, but then he goes into the sunset with his millions.

• Like 1

As often that I criticize T-Mobile, a merger with Dish would be a wonderful thing for them, in terms of increasing their spectrum holdings. Especially where they really need more spectrum, such as in the Chicago Market.

Currently, T-Mobile is preparing to have 15x15 AWS on LTE soon here in Chicago. With Dish Network AWS3 spectrum, they'd have both 15x15 AWS and 15x15 AWS3 likely all on LTE, along with Dish having an additional 15mhz unpaired. This would help T-Mobile tremendously and I hope for their customers' benefit this merger happens as soon as it is possible.

Also, it is very unlikely that the government would oppose this merger in any way, so that part of the process ought to be fairly quick, and since DT is so heavily desiring to sell T-Mobile, that part of the process ought to be quick too. Even still, once a deal has been reached between the companies, hopefully Dish will allow T-Mobile to deploy that AWS3 spectrum right away.

Well ATT came out yesterday in favor of the net neutrality IF the FCC allowed the Directv merger. Interesting as If ATT gets Directv, I don't see an issue with this not going through.