RadioShack Said to Be in Talks to Sell Stores to Sprint

mhammett

From http://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/editorialfiles/2015/04/01/M042115129195.pdf

Exterior Signage (Pending Branding approval from both companies):

SprinShack2.JPG

Fast Start (April 10th Launch) using existing mobile fixtures with a Sprint branded space:

SprinShack0.JPG

Full Store Within a Store model, complete with full signage ~1500 Stores:

SprinShack1.JPG

• Like 4

I wish Sprint would have more working models of phones in their stores. At all of the non-corporate stores I've been to, they only have the fake models of the device which isn't the greatest thing if I'm picking out a new phone. The hardware of the phone is one thing, but I want to know how the software is before I purchase it. That said, the store design is actually pretty good and I welcome it if they aren't half-assed.

• Like 4

I wish Sprint would have more working models of phones in their stores. At all of the non-corporate stores I've been to, they only have the fake models of the device which isn't the greatest thing if I'm picking out a new phone. The hardware of the phone is one thing, but I want to know how the software is before I purchase it. That said, the store design is actually pretty good and I welcome it if they aren't half-assed.

Thankfully, these are going to be sprint owned spaces, so fingers crossed, they should actually have working models. Though I'm guessing that'll be somewhat limited in the April 10 version of life - from working with those fixtures previously, they're close to impossible to secure so that phones don't just disappear.

I'm curious to see what it will look like in production. I saw the list and there is a RadioShack being converted right by my train stop, a 2 minute walk max.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/RadioShackSurvivorsList.pdf

Here is Exhibit A, you'll found a list of New Sprint Store from RadioShack

Several DE and Eastern Shore locations! Including one almost as close to me as the terrible Sprint franchisee!  :lol: 

I would suspect they will have the opportunity to add many new subscribers in this area. People who might have never even consider Sprint because there wasn't a store nearby. Its is amazing at how few stores they currently have around here.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how the mall has the stock tile and wallpaper from the "dead and dying malls" catalog

Its collage mall across the street from IU in bloomington. Its a decent mall with corp att and verizon stores in good locations. Unfortunately this sprint shack is down a side hallway, but its across from the pet store which has cute puppies. So it has that going for it lol
  • Like 2

I love how the mall has the stock tile and wallpaper from the "dead and dying malls" catalog

I've been in that mall, it doesn't look as bad as that picture portrays it lol but it is a small mall.

In other related news I drove past my local RadioShack today and saw the big Sprint banner in the window and then looked in the window and they haven't even begun to remodel yet. Still has the multi-carrier fake phone display fixtures in it.

What I wanna know is if these new corporate locations are gonna be performing the same shenanigans that the currently existing corporate stores by me do, try to force you off any non current plan and say that TEP is "mandatory".

I'm tempted to walk in one and attempt to upgrade a line just to see lol.

I've been in that mall, it doesn't look as bad as that picture portrays it lol but it is a small mall.

In other related news I drove past my local RadioShack today and saw the big Sprint banner in the window and then looked in the window and they haven't even begun to remodel yet. Still has the multi-carrier fake phone display fixtures in it.

What I wanna know is if these new corporate locations are gonna be performing the same shenanigans that the currently existing corporate stores by me do, try to force you off any non current plan and say that TEP is "mandatory".

I'm tempted to walk in one and attempt to upgrade a line just to see lol.

Well the leads that run the loactions are current sprint employees and the regular reps will be new employees. Remodeling is 3 to 6 months out in most cases from what ive been told.

Well the leads that run the loactions are current sprint employees and the regular reps will be new employees. Remodeling is 3 to 6 months out in most cases from what ive been told.

Then that doesn't sound promising, unless corporate is re-training these people to be more customer oriented.

My experiences with the local corporate stores varies from rude, to arrogant douchebag for store employees. The managers were no better.

It's so bad it makes me wonder how anyone uses sprint around here, but I think people just go to the authorized retailers which are at least courteous.

• 1 month later...

Did they get rid of all the Radio shack in-store products? I figured they'd keep some of that inventory, or was this meant to fully replace Radio Shack with Sprint?

The other half the store is radio shack. They got rid of all their phones, phone cases bluetooth etc that compete against sprint.
  • Like 2

Then that doesn't sound promising, unless corporate is re-training these people to be more customer oriented.

My experiences with the local corporate stores varies from rude, to arrogant douchebag for store employees. The managers were no better.

It's so bad it makes me wonder how anyone uses sprint around here, but I think people just go to the authorized retailers which are at least courteous.

My experience is actually the opposite. Sprint stores operated by a certain 3rd party in my area are extremely unprofessional. The last time I went there was to pick up a replacement phone through insurance. While waiting for the phone, the worker servicing my phone starts talking to his coworker about the sexual relationship that one of their coworkers was having with the manager as if I wasn't even there.

I always got bad treatment there. Whether it was their workers talking on their personal phones while resolving my issue or the phone technicians wiping my phone without asking me for my permission, I always got bad service. The sexual relationship story was the last straw. I now drive to Sprint corporate stores or do everything online/phone if possible.

• Like 4

My experience is actually the opposite. Sprint stores operated by a certain 3rd party in my area are extremely unprofessional. The last time I went there was to pick up a replacement phone through insurance. While waiting for the phone, the worker servicing my phone starts talking to his coworker about the sexual relationship that one of their coworkers was having with the manager as if I wasn't even there.

I always got bad treatment there. Whether it was their workers talking on their personal phones while resolving my issue or the phone technicians wiping my phone without asking me for my permission, I always got bad service. The sexual relationship story was the last straw. I now drive to Sprint corporate stores or do everything online/phone if possible.

Same here - I've never had terribly good luck with 3rd party stores. With the corporate stores, it's always good to remember you can call in to customer care and complain about them, pretty easy to get bill credit as well as provide feedback that ends up pushed down to the store itself. With 3rd parties, good luck on any escalation...

• Like 1