Sprint Plan Guide

rwhittaker13

Well, It has been awhile since i`ve been on here! Hello everyone! Im sure all of you are saving those upgrades for the holiday season, so this guide will greatly help you in the event that you decide to upgrade to that phablet you have always wanted! Listed below are a summary of some of the plans that sprint offers. Enjoy and i hope this helps some of the new members of the site, as well as guests.

UNLIMITED ONLY PLAN:

This plan was designed only for individuals in mind, but also gives you quite a good deal. This plan gives you unlimited talk, text and data for just $60/Month. There is one catch however, it can only be used on the sprint EasyPay program.

THE SPRINT SIMPLY UNLIMITED PLAN:

DESCRIPTION: The iPhone for life plan is a plan that was designed for the iPhone users in mind. This plan allows qualified buyers to LEASE an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus for 20 Dollars per month. Whats even better you may ask?? The other half of the whole sweat deal, the simply unlimited plan! This plan is combined with the iPhone for life plan, which gives you unlimited talk, text and data for 50 Dollars a month. Now of course, the 20 dollars is tied into this plan, which puts it at 70 dollars a month.. (Before those lovely taxes that we all love...*Sarcasm*) Ahem, anyways, back to the main topic.. But wait, theres a better side to this as well. Well qualified buyers (Depends on the number of lines they are approved for. Customer must also not have a spending limit for this to be accurate.)can leave the store without having to pay a single dime out the door! Now, thats a sweet deal. Below i will list the different lease prices for the different iPhone models:

iPhone 6 (16GB): $20/Month

iPhone 6 (64GB): $25/Month

iPhone 6 (128GB): $30/Month

iPhone 6 Plus (16GB): $25/Month

iPhone 6 Plus (64GB): $30/Month

iPhone 6 Plus (128GB): $35/Month

If you have an account spending limit(Hint hint, ask the sales rep if you do or not), an additional down payment will be needed to lease the phone.

SPRINT EASY PAY PROGRAM:

It means exactly how it sounds, customers now have the option to make monthly payments on their phones. Yes, you are paying the full retail price of the phones, but dont blame the reps(Such as me (;      ) With this payment plan, you will no longer have a contract with sprint. If you do not like the service, or if there is some other dissatisfaction, you can cancel you account with no ETF fees. The only fees you would have to pay is the remaining balance on your phone. Now, this plan gives customers more options to get that hot new hunk of technology they have always wanted, but, as to every plan, there are some hidden catches that you should know about:

1: Sales tax is due out the door on installment billing plans (Usually ranges around $39, but it really depends on the device. )

2: If you have an account spending limit(Again, ask the sales rep if you do), you will have to make an additional down payment to use the EasyPay program. This additional down payment needed is based on credit, also ensuring sprint that you will indeed be able to make the monthly payments on the phone. The amount of the down payment depends on the spending limit:

$150 Spending limit: The highest down payment (usually over $150)

$300 Spending limit: Average down payment(around $100-$150)

And so on and so on....

UNLIMITED MY WAY PLAN:

Again, having the same meaning as the title, this plan gives you unlimited talk, text and TRULY UNLIMITED DATA. Of course, i used caps lock for a reason on that last part.. Sprint will not throttle your data, regardless of how many football games you stream at the bar, or all the youtube videos of people failing, there isnt a limit to what you can do! Exciting right?? Thats why i got it!! Now, here are the pricing details you need to know:

FOR ONE DEVICE:(Smartphones Only!)

Unlimited talk, text: $50/Month

Unlimited data: $30/Month

1GB Data: $20/Month

ONE DEVICE: (Basic Phones)

Unlimited talk, text: $50/Month

Unlimited basic phone data: $10/Month

No data: Zero (Of course)

TWO DEVICES:

Now, on this plan, things kinda go in sequence. To add a second line, it costs $40 dollars for the unlimited talk and text. For the data, its the same $30 for unlimited data, and $20 for 1GB of data.(This is assuming you have a smartphone)

If you have a basic phone, it will still be the same for everything, except for the data portion. Unlimited data for a basic phone costs $10.

Here are some different combinations of the plans (So many people ask me this when they come into the store, i just felt the need to put this out there so there is little confusion)

1: Two smartphones with unlimited talk, text and data: $150/Month

2:Two basic phones with unlimited talk, text and data: $110/Month

The rest of the details are in the flyer that is located at every sprint store. If i talked about every different combination, id be here for hours.(Does anyone remember the good old days in math class when you had to guess how many different combinations you can make?? This is what i mean lol.

Also, another helpful tip, this plan can be used with a 2/Yr contract, or the sprint EasyPay program. THIS PLAN CAN NOT BE USED WITH THE LEASE PROGRAM AS YOU WILL GET PENALTY CHARGES.

FAMILY SHARE PACK:

One of the best plans for customers that are looking to add more than two devices to their account, this plan gives you unlimited talk, text and 20GB of data for $100/Month. Now of course, there are some catches to this plan:

1: This plan was only meant for the Sprint EasyPay program. If you add a device to this plan that is under a 2/Yr contract, you will see penalty fees of $40 per line, and thats a christmas bonus that takes your money instead of giving it to you, so please be careful when selecting this plan, since not all sales reps understand this yet. Print this guide out even, if you must. It may save you a big headache in the future.

2: Usually, there is a $15 Dollar access fee per line on this plan, but there is a way to avoid this access fee. If you port all of your numbers in from a different carrier, AND you go with the 20GB data option, or higher, those $15 access fees are WAIVED until 1/01/2016.

3: There are different, and lower data options as well, but avoid the lower data options!! If you select a data option that is lower than 20GB, you will get a $25 dollar access fee tacked onto your bill, regardless if you ported your numbers or not..

FAMILY UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT AND DATA FOR TWO LINES, $100:

A plan that sprint just created, but took down shortly after, is now back, and in my opinion, a fantastic deal! Designed for customers that are only looking to add two devices to their account, but still be able to surf the web all they want, you get unlimted talk, text and data for $100/Month. But wait, just when you thought the catches were over, there is more!

1: Just like the family share pack, This plan was designed for the sprint EasyPay program, but with more options than that. You can also use this plan with the leasing program, pay full SRP, or bring your own device!

2: 3-10 lines are $40/Month per line

THE CUT YOU BILL IN HALF EVENT:

When sprint created this plan, it created headwaves very quickly, and is by far one of the best deals you can come across. Here`s how this plan works: You bring sprint your bill from the previous carrier, and they will give you unlimited talk, text and they will match the amount of data you had, for half the cost. With this plan, there are two catches you should know about:

1: You must give your AT&T or Verizon handset to sprint. If you sign up for this in-store, you would hand the phone(s) to the rep.

2: You must have some sort of data plan with the other carrier. If you dont, you would not be eligible for this plan.

And if you were wondering, yes, you can use this plan with a 2/Yr upgrade, or on the EasyPay program.

So everyone, i hope this nice little plan guide will help everyone out this year. If needed, print this out and take it to the store with you. Trust me, it will save you a lot of time.. Well everyone, merry christmas! Lets not overcook the christmas turkey, or drink too much. Be safe, be responsible, and best of all, spend it with your families!

Another note: Whoops, i forgot a plan.. There are too

Edited by twospirits
  • Like 9

So does the unlimited my way plan not cap data on Netflix at 1Mbps, cuz quality is astrocious when trying to stream a show on a lunch break.

UNLIMITED ONLY PLAN:

This plan was designed only for individuals in mind, but also gives you quite a good deal. This plan gives you unlimited talk, text and data for just $60/Month. There is one catch however, it can only be used on the sprint EasyPay program.

THE SPRINT SIMPLY UNLIMITED PLAN:

DESCRIPTION: The iPhone for life plan is a plan that was designed for the iPhone users in mind. This plan allows qualified buyers to LEASE an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus for 20 Dollars per month. Whats even better you may ask?? The other half of the whole sweat deal, the simply unlimited plan! This plan is combined with the iPhone for life plan, which gives you unlimited talk, text and data for 50 Dollars a month. Now of course, the 20 dollars is tied into this plan, which puts it at 70 dollars a month.

FAMILY SHARE PACK:

One of the best plans for customers that are looking to add more than two devices to their account, this plan gives you unlimited talk, text and 20GB of data for $100/Month. Now of course, there are some catches to this plan:

1: This plan was only meant for the Sprint EasyPay program...

FAMILY UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT AND DATA FOR TWO LINES, $100

1: Just like the family share pack, This plan was designed for the sprint EasyPay program, but with more options than that. You can also use this plan with the leasing program, pay full SRP, or bring your own device!

No. All of Sprint's contract-free/unsubsidized plans permit a customer to BYOSD or pay full price for their device, rather than financing it. Leasing options do vary from plan to plan.

3: There are different, and lower data options as well, but avoid the lower data options!! If you select a data option that is lower than 20GB, you will get a $25 dollar access fee tacked onto your bill, regardless if you ported your numbers or not..

There is a promotion that also reduces the line charges on the 12 & 16GB packs to $15, and is available until January 15th. Like the other promotions currently set to expire that day, it may be extended.

UNLIMITED MY WAY PLAN

Again, having the same meaning as the title, this plan gives you unlimited talk, text and TRULY UNLIMITED DATA. Of course, i used caps lock for a reason on that last part.. Sprint will not throttle your data, regardless of how many football games you stream at the bar, or all the youtube videos of people failing, there isnt a limit to what you can do! Exciting right?? Thats why i got it!!

So does the unlimited my way plan not cap data on Netflix at 1Mbps, cuz quality is astrocious when trying to stream a show on a lunch break.

All Sprint plans brought to market after Everything Data (including My Way/All-In) include the following notable caveats:

-Streaming video may be limited to 1 Mbps. While not commonly reported, it may occur regardless of data usage history or tower congestion. If affected, VPN is your friend.

-Included roaming data is reduced from 300 to 100MB. Use between 101-300 MB may be subject to a $0.25/MB overage fee, capped at $50/300MB. The roaming limit (and any corresponding overage) may be waived once per line by customer service upon request.

-The sentence - "Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability" - is included in the plan terms & conditions. Since there are no new plans that don't include this language, it has been inferred that rather than meaning that the given plan is explicitly set to a lower priority than another plan (à la prepaid vs postpaid/wholesale), in actuality this is an allusion to the network management option to throttle/deprioritize users whose data consumption was in the top 5% of all users in their previous billing cycle, while connected to a congested site (or sector?). Sprint does not publicly disclose what the exact threshold is, but said once that it is around 5GB for a given line. It is unclear how this would be calculated for a line that is on a newer plan with a data bucket. In any case, we have not seen any confirmed reports of such throttling taking place, so for the time being, it probably should not be much of a concern to anybody.

The Unlimited My Way plan is basically the same as the $50/60 individual Unlimited plan, except for the included subsidy (and hence no leasing option), the Unlimited "guarantee", and the option to add additional lines at a lesser per-line price. Lines on this plan are subject to the same network management techniques as all of the other plans available (assuming you can no longer get an Everything Data or older plan).

Framily is not dead, you just have to jump on someone's plan.

You are correct that Framily is not completely extinct, but it is unfortunately an endangered species. If you can get it, it's still in most cases the best (postpaid) deal around.

An account owner who is already a member of a Framily may add additional lines to that Framily ID if there are still spots available. I do not believe those lines would be allowed to join a different Framily if the one the account holder is in is full.

New Framily IDs are no longer being created. Until October 17th, however, new customers could still join an existing Framily. After that date, the plan officially became Sales Expired, and the corresponding service offer code (SOC) began to be removed from the retail system.

That said, there are numerous reports of new customers that have been able to join a Framily after that date, including some from this month. It took over a week for the SOC to be removed from my corporate store's system, so if one store says they can't do it, one may have better luck elsewhere. Also, with the right phone rep and enough persistence, it is possible to have the billing back office authorize the phone rep to attach the new line to a Framily (there's a good long story there for another day...).

If all else fails, if an account holder in the Framily you wish to join is game, they can add your line to their account, and then immediately afterwards call the Ownership department to do a transfer-of-liability (TOL) for your line, so that you can then have your own account & bill.

Such hurdles were established, I imagine, to discourage the ability to use a stranger's code found online to save money. Using the last method would almost certainly require you to actually know the person whose account you'd need to temporarily join.

• Like 2

Are they no longer offering the double your data promotion on the the Family Share Pack? I know I'm getting 40GB for 100 bucks, plus $15 per phone line and $10 per tablet (tethering inc.).

As far as I know, nobody has told us different. Our DM usually keeps us up to date on those things.
  • Like 1

Framily is not dead, you just have to jump on someone's plan.

Exactly.. Which if you can grab yourself a framily ID, then you can still hop into someone's family. It wasn't too bad at all, but ive had some customers complain about the plan, while others loved it. People were very mixed about it. Majority of people that go into our store go on the family share pack.

Why are they so FOCUSED on "iPhones"? I mean, these phones are beyond over-rated.

Because it's an absolute fact that iPhones sell, and they sell fast. Everyone is entitled to their own personal device preference. Just happens that apple is really good at telling people that this is the must have phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 1

Because it's an absolute fact that iPhones sell, and they sell fast. Everyone is entitled to their own personal device preference. Just happens that apple is really good at telling people that this is the must have phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

And that's the problem, it's not a "must have" device. People buy it because they are worth nothing, but sold at a steep price. You don't get what you pay for when you buy a iPhone, period.

No, People who know nothing and want to try and look cool want an iPhone. Or if they want something super basic and limited, it hurts. Just my opinion and how I've seen it.

And that's the problem, it's not a "must have" device. People buy it because they are worth nothing, but sold at a steep price. You don't get what you pay for when you buy a iPhone, period.

Please keep this based on the thread topic. The issue is, Sprint has a contract it has to fulfill, and has to sell them. So what better way to do so than to give a $10/mo cheaper plan than the Android phones that may meet or "exceed" the iPhone's specs.

In my opinion, as a person who owned a Nexus 5 (and various Android devices which shall not be named) and multiple generations of iPhone, I'm a very informed person. So it's not about people who "know nothing" as your opinion states. I own an iPhone because of what I am used to being a long time Apple user. And the iPhone is a "must have" device, just like a Blackberry is a "must have" for security purposes, and a Windows Phone device is a "must have" for those who prefer so. Everyone has a free choice to pick which phone they want.

And I get more than what I pay for when I buy iPhone's. I own a Mac and an iPad. And my old iPhone I give to my friend so she has a newer phone than her last one, so then my phones get maximum life for the price I paid. My iPhone 5, my 5S and my 6+ are all being used actively on Sprint, and my last 2 phones work fine. In fact, the 5 only sat around for about a month with no use since I bought it in March of 2013, and my 5S only sat about a week since I bought it in January 2014. So iPhones are worth something, just like Samsung's flagships and LG's flagships.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I agree with you, awsum gam3r, newboyx and jamisonshaw125 that the iPhones are over rated, but then again I can see why they are so popular, they are made for the "general public" they are simple to use, hard to get virus if you download something, security is very high (although nothing is 100% like everything else in this world).

I personally am an Android fan myself I don't like Apple products at all (thats my preference). However one thing that I will give Apple credit on is that it seems that they come out with updates more often on iOS then Android. Another thing I think the general public likes about iPhones is they keep the same basic layout and functions (pretty much) with every new phone that comes out, and that is something people want and like, they want to pick up there new phone and know exactly where to go to find what they need instead of hunting for things. Thats one thing I dont like about Android is you go from LG to Samsung for example and its different, but then again some people like to switch it up (which I have I went from HTC to LG). Android (well more specifically each company) gives you a different experience. :tu:  

• Like 1

Please keep this based on the thread topic. The issue is, Sprint has a contract it has to fulfill, and has to sell them. So what better way to do so than to give a $10/mo cheaper plan than the Android phones that may meet or "exceed" the iPhone's specs.

In my opinion, as a person who owned a Nexus 5 (and various Android devices which shall not be named) and multiple generations of iPhone, I'm a very informed person. So it's not about people who "know nothing" as your opinion states. I own an iPhone because of what I am used to being a long time Apple user. And the iPhone is a "must have" device, just like a Blackberry is a "must have" for security purposes, and a Windows Phone device is a "must have" for those who prefer so. Everyone has a free choice to pick which phone they want.

And I get more than what I pay for when I buy iPhone's. I own a Mac and an iPad. And my old iPhone I give to my friend so she has a newer phone than her last one, so then my phones get maximum life for the price I paid. My iPhone 5, my 5S and my 6+ are all being used actively on Sprint, and my last 2 phones work fine. In fact, the 5 only sat around for about a month with no use since I bought it in March of 2013, and my 5S only sat about a week since I bought it in January 2014. So iPhones are worth something, just like Samsung's flagships and LG's flagships.

I am keeping it on topic, I asked a question based on the topic at hand.

I am keeping it on topic, I asked a question based on the topic at hand.

And then spun it off to what is a "must have" phone, and how the iPhone is not.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sprint is now offering one year of free service (plus tax, fees, phone cost) for DirecTV to switch to Sprint.  Comes with unlimited minutes, text, and 2GB of data.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/80155/20150829/sprint-offers-one-year-free-wireless-service-to-directv-subscribers-in-a-bold-swipe-at-at-t.htm

https://www.sprint.com/landings/directv-phone-offer/index.html?ECID=vanity:directvoffer#!/

I wonder how this will effect Sprint.  AT&T is just seeing it as a last ditch effort by Sprint.

Edited by Kigen

• 4 weeks later...