Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

does it fix the double to quadruple texts sent?  Along with the extremely long wait time to send messages.  

i haven't moved to 5.0.1 yet but my buddy, who is also on Sprint, says the texting issue is NOT solved.  neither is the mute sounds when pressing volume down on the rocker.  lowest is still vibrate or 1.

• Like 1

i haven't moved to 5.0.1 yet but my buddy, who is also on Sprint, says the texting issue is NOT solved. neither is the mute sounds when pressing volume down on the rocker. lowest is still vibrate or 1.

The volume isn't a bug its just how lollipop handles it now.

it's definitely a bug/issue that needs/will be addressed.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79445

I've been able to get silent mode working through what I think is Priority mode (the star appears near the clock). I've always used a Tasker profile to put my phone on silent at night when I plug it in. I made no changes to it from my S4 and this is the mode it puts my phone in now.

You should be able to go into settings and turn off everything for Priority mode so that nothing vibrates or makes noise other than alarms. Ie, the old silent mode. Notifications still show up in the drawer.

It seems that priority mode is the old silent mode, but they added the ability to allow certain exceptions to bypass it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hey guys anyone having issues sending/receiving text while in a phone call on the Nexus 6?  I have always been able to send/receive in the past while talking on the phone.

Hey guys anyone having issues sending/receiving text while in a phone call on the Nexus 6?  I have always been able to send/receive in the past while talking on the phone.

Nope. My issue is my N6 likes to send the same message 3-6 times. I'm not getting any sent errors on my end. Only seems to be happening to N6's in my area. Few other friends and family with N6's are doing the same.

Do you use Google Voice integration? Texting with GV requires data, there's no 3G/4G for data when you are on a call unless you have Wifi

Do you use Google Voice integration? Texting with GV requires data, there's no 3G/4G for data when you are on a call unless you have Wifi

Only if you use the GV app. If you use a normal texting app, they send as normal, even with GV integration.

Sent from my LG G3

i haven't moved to 5.0.1 yet but my buddy, who is also on Sprint, says the texting issue is NOT solved.  neither is the mute sounds when pressing volume down on the rocker.  lowest is still vibrate or 1.

I AM ON SPRINT AND i NEVER HAD A DOUBLE TEST ISSUE, AND I ALSO GOT THE 5.01 2 DAYS AGO!

Only if you use the GV app. If you use a normal texting app, they send as normal, even with GV integration.

Sent from my LG G3

I am by no means an expert on the issue, but I have full GV integration and use Hangouts for SMS. When I'm on the spotty wifi network at my workplace sometimes texts will refuse to send unless I kill wifi and hop on the b41 tower outside. I also experience the double text issue very intermittently. 

Hey guys anyone having issues sending/receiving text while in a phone call on the Nexus 6? I have always been able to send/receive in the past while talking on the phone.

No texts received till phone is hung up

• Like 1

I receive texts but can't send. Its wierd. Just tested in a different area and same issue... Sprint says its a device issue. But I am not driving 45 minutes to the nearest repair center... Frustrating. First no data while talking when I swapped from note 3 to galaxy s5 then this on the nexus 6...

I receive texts but can't send. Its wierd. Just tested in a different area and same issue... Sprint says its a device issue. But I am not driving 45 minutes to the nearest repair center... Frustrating. First no data while talking when I swapped from note 3 to galaxy s5 then this on the nexus 6...

my hunch is it's a loolipop bug.  both my wife and i have the issue in different parts of the city and my buddy with his N6 in San Jose has the same SMS issues...

• Like 1

Thanks for plugging my video! haha

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 using Tapatalk

What do you mean?

I am by no means an expert on the issue, but I have full GV integration and use Hangouts for SMS. When I'm on the spotty wifi network at my workplace sometimes texts will refuse to send unless I kill wifi and hop on the b41 tower outside. I also experience the double text issue very intermittently.

Whoops. Should have said SMS only sends on data when using the GV app AND the Hangouts app with full GV integration. I haven't switched my texting to Hangouts (don't like it), so I still use the GV app when I need to send a message using WiFi/Data.

Whoops. Should have said SMS only sends on data when using the GV app AND the Hangouts app with full GV integration. I haven't switched my texting to Hangouts (don't like it), so I still use the GV app when I need to send a message using WiFi/Data.

Hmm, so using the stock Messenger app eliminates the issue?